4. Love

5. Groupie Love (feat. A$AP Rocky)

6. White Mustang

7. Best American Record

8. In My Feelings

9. Change

10. Heroin

11. Get Free

The transition between IMF and Change would be too abrupt and cause whiplash.

Which is why When The World Was At War would fit right in :blush3:

IMG-1607.jpg

9 minutes ago, ahsokaswift61 said:

shit i forgot to add heroin 

hows this 

Lust For Life

1. 13 Beaches 

2. Cherry

3. Lust For Life (Solo Version)

4. Love

5. Groupie Love (feat. A$AP Rocky)

6. White Mustang

7. Best American Record

8. In My Feelings

9. Heroin

10. Change

11. Get Free

@Sportscruiser is right, but maybe swapping Heroin and Change places in the tracklist could make the flow softer? Like this.

Anyways, Heroin is essential. Any tracklist including it is correct :true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

@Sportscruiser is right, but maybe swapping Heroin and Change places in the tracklist could make the flow softer? Like this.

Anyways, Heroin is essential. Any tracklist including it is correct :true: 

i was also thinking maybe change the production up on change a bit making it more upbeat a tad but not too much

5 minutes ago, ahsokaswift61 said:

i was also thinking maybe change the production up on change a bit making it more upbeat a tad but not too much

I remember doing so a few years ago! If I find the project I can try and improve the file, it only added some drums, pads and strings and very little bass but the song sounded cool (unmixed but cool lol, I'd have to mix it more properly)

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

I remember doing so a few years ago! If I find the project I can try and improve the file, it only added some drums and strings but the song sounded cool (unmixed but cool lol, I'd have to mix it more properly)

oooooo that sounds cool

having issues with putting best american record and yosemite on lfl because i have absolutely no idea where they were supposed to be.... its kinda clear yosemite would've been in an acoustic part of the record but would BAR have been there? were they supposed to follow each other? what would be the first track in this pair? i just have a very strong idea of recreating the OG tracklist consisted of 18 tracks... i guess these 3 would be BAR, Yosemite and Roses Bloom for You as Change still didnt exist back in may.... so many questions and ideas so i would be glad to hear yours:kiss3:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

2 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

having issues with putting best american record and yosemite on lfl because i have absolutely no idea where they were supposed to be.... its kinda clear yosemite would've been in an acoustic part of the record but would BAR have been there? were they supposed to follow each other? what would be the first track in this pair? i just have a very strong idea of recreating the OG tracklist consisted of 18 tracks... i guess these 3 would be BAR, Yosemite and Roses Bloom for You as Change still didnt exist back in may.... so many questions and ideas so i would be glad to hear yours:kiss3:

yeah I think Change and White Mustang were not in the map when the album had 18 tracks. That would leave us with 14 from the standard album plus three outtakes (TNBAR, Yosemite and RBFY) and still spot for one more... Serene Queen? If I Die Young? Wild One at some extent, as it was also registered along with Beautiful People? A political song in the vein of Coachella, WTWWAWWKD, GBAAATBWII? One of the 129 outtakes Honeymoun talked about back in July 2020? I don't know :bebe: 

Let's see...

1. Roses Bloom for You
  2. Love
  3. 13 Beaches
  4. Lust for Life
  5. Cherry
  6. Summer Bummer
  7. Groupie Love
  8. In My Feelings
  9. Coachella
  10. God Bless America
  11. When the World Was at War...
  12. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems (solo?)
  13. Tomorrow Never Came (solo?)
  14. Heroin
  15. The Next Best American Record
  16. Yosemite
  17. Get Free

I can think of:

1. a political song after When the World Was at War
  2. Serene Queen after Cherry OR after Groupie Love
  3. If I Die Young after Groupie Love
  4. Wild One after Get Free (though very unlikely)

And a last thing, probably place Heroin after In My Feelings to separate the album according to sound, as it is heavier than the other, more acoustic sounding songs it is surrounded by.

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

yeah I think Change and White Mustang were not in the map when the album had 18 tracks. That would leave us with 14 from the standard album plus three outtakes (TNBAR, Yosemite and RBFY) and still spot for one more... Serene Queen? If I Die Young? Wild One at some extent, as it was also registered along with Beautiful People? A political song in the vein of Coachella, WTWWAWWKD, GBAAATBWII? One of the 129 outtakes Honeymoun talked about back in July 2020? I don't know :bebe: 

Let's see...

1. Roses Bloom for You
  2. Love
  3. 13 Beaches
  4. Lust for Life
  5. Cherry
  6. Summer Bummer
  7. Groupie Love
  8. In My Feelings
  9. Coachella
  10. God Bless America
  14. Heroin
  16. Yosemite
  17. Get Free

I can think of:

And a last thing, probably place Heroin after In My Feelings to separate the album according to sound, as it is heavier than the other, more acoustic sounding songs it is surrounded by.

ugh i really love that, Best American Record follows Yosemite and after Heroin at the same time, i took a note.....that iconic surrounding of tracks and the beautiful interlacing of sound... that outro of these 4 TRUE OG LFL tracks in a row would just destroy me if she would release them official in lfl i just know that:oprah2: i think this is the most accurate position after all
tbh ye if consider white mustang as a last minute touch also, i think that the 4th song is still unknown, as, tbh, i dont see Serene Queen as the part of this album like at all, it's the same situation with JFK was intended for Ultraviolence (i mean it was done for the 2nd album but it's not fitting in this 2nd album as we have it released), If I Die Young ye its sound is in that LFL-esque atmosphere but still something off for me in there, maybe because it's some kind of concept demo as i heard when it was leaking last year (but still i have never seen any weighty proof), so i consider it as a really good outtake song, but i just can't really find a proper place for it in this album
regarding wild one, that will be hard but i try to explain it right, i have a strong belief that these tracks were registered when they still were intended to be included in honeymoon, and since BP HM Version (the one that got registered i strongly believe) is very different from the final LFL Version, i think the same happened with Wild One, i mean it had very different sound the time it got registered, this is why i think that it isnt enough to consider wild one as a lfl outtake just because of its registration, plus i think it was never reworked during LFL era (but again it all depends on what version of BP was registered... in real i just dont want to add another unleaked lfl version to my unleaked list because if so, it gonna be a long-long run leak and another that i will be crazy over...)
ye that mysterious 4th 'left on the cutting room floor' track is such a misleading and such an enigmatic to think about.... and these 4 political outtakes are tearing me apart because i know they were properly finalized at least to be worthy to mention about

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

Let's see...

1. Roses Bloom for You
  2. Love
  3. 13 Beaches
  4. Lust for Life
  5. Cherry
  6. Summer Bummer
  7. Groupie Love
  8. In My Feelings
  9. Coachella
  10. God Bless America
  14. Heroin
  16. Yosemite
  17. Get Free

I can think of:

and ye i forgot to mention, i dont know how to feel about solo versions of BP and TNC, do we know if the features were decided back in 2016 or it's some new 2017 touches? i was thinking about it today and if the fate of lust for life, groupie love and summer bummer was kinda defined, im not sure if these 2 tracks were considered as a feat tracks from the start....

4 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

and ye i forgot to mention, i dont know how to feel about solo versions of BP and TNC, do we know if the features were decided back in 2016 or it's some new 2017 touches? i was thinking about it today and if the fate of lust for life, groupie love and summer bummer was defined, im not sure if these 2 tracks were considered as a feat tracks from the start....

I remember that the album was pushed back to "include incredible featured artists" (iirc she said something very similar to that), so I'm assuming that was decided in very late stages aka first half of 2017.

EDIT: it wasn't precisely *pushed back* because of the featurings. I quote: :quote:It was first revealed through an official press release on February 18, 2017, that the record would include "exciting guest featured artists":quote: 

So probably late 2016-earliest 2017.

12 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I remember that the album was pushed back to "include incredible featured artists" (iirc she said something very similar to that), so I'm assuming that was decided in very late stages aka first half of 2017.

EDIT: it wasn't precisely *pushed back* because of the featurings. I quote: :quote:It was first revealed through an official press release on February 18, 2017, that the record would include "exciting guest featured artists":quote: 

So probably late 2016-earliest 2017.

these interview excerpts really helps to reconstruct timeline🥰thank u, ye at the end there is kinda clear vision of evolving stages, one more question ive had, i heard there was a rumor of february 2017 release? or it has always been rumored but never got confirmed? 

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

After get free? Didn't Lana want the last lyrics of get free be the last line of the album?

I don't remember that but it's probably true. That's why I said that placing Wild One at the very end was very unlikely dddd

Ultraviolence

1. Cruel World

2. Brooklyn Baby

3. West Coast

4. Money Power Glory

5. Fucked My Way Up To The Top

6. Old Money (With Drums & Electric Guitar)

7. Ultraviolence

8. Sad Girl

9. Pretty When You Cry

10. Shades Of Cool

11. Fine China (Dan Auerbach Version)

I use

http://sortyourmusic.playlistmachinery.com/  

or

https://www.chosic.com/spotify-playlist-sorter/

to rearrange Spotify playlists (or albums) by valence or by key (like in harmonic mixing)

For example BTD by (increasing) valence:

1. Carmen
  2. Off To The Races
  3. Video Games
  4. Radio
  5. Summertime Sadness
  6. Born To Die
  7. Dark Paradise
  8. This Is What Makes Us Girls
  9. National Anthem
  10. Blue Jeans
  11. Million Dollar Man
  12. Diet Mountain Dew

or Honeymoon by key

1. Swang Song
  2. Music To Watch Boys To
  3. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
  4. Religion
  5. Art Deco
  6. High By The Beach
  7. Salvatore
  8. The Blackest Day
  9. God Knows I Tried
  10. Freak
  11. Honeymoon
  12. Terrence Loves You
  13. Burnt Norton - Interlude
  14. 24

(there is a small bug, the data for the first song is always missing, but another sorting can fix it).

Honeymoon sorted by increasing valence sounds very good

1. Swan Song
  2. Art Deco
  3. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
  4. Terrence Loves You
  5. 24
  6. High By The Beach
  7. God Knows I Tried
  8. Freak
  9. Salvatore
  10. Music To Watch Boys To
  11. The Blackest Day
  12. Honeymoon
  13. Religion
  14. Burnt Norton - Interlude

a harmonic COTCC playlist that appreciates the less played For Free and BUS more

1. Wild At Heart
  2. Yosemite
  3. Chemtrails Over The Chemtrails Club
  4. For Free
  5. Breaking Up Slowly
  6. Let Me Love You Like A Woman
  7. Dance Till We Die
  8. White Dress
  9. Not All Who Wander Are Lost
  10. Dark But Just A Game
  11. Tulsa Jesus Freak

Lust For Life