LoreleiLee

Lana Pandemonium - My Psychological Problem With Lana

MM and 1949 are both so perfect! Your best work so far, in my opinion  :defeated:

Was the 1949 art inspired by Gone With the Wind? 

Thank you to starry heaven :kiss:

Yes, I googled Vivien Leigh and I stumbled on one of her most magnificent and enchanting dresses from that movie. I only added red roses :)

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

I see that Christ above Lana, guns and flying diamonds are en vogue now (these are my ancient oeuvres). BUT, that could be the case of mere accidence and sinchronicity, since the Person that made cover with same motives doesn't have almost anything in common with my artistical expression. Even, I very much appreciate what that Person does and creates. :kiss:

full.jpg

full.jpg

I would like to remind you all of these old works :)

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

BTW. Tomorrow is my great solo exhibition. I would jump to the stratosphere if all of you could come by teleportation (of course, the ones at least slightly interested in what I do) :kiss2:

full.jpg

So, there is a huge problem mingling here for over a year. Yes, Lana obsession.

Realistically, I do not have a time for doing cover art, because I always handle two or more paralel freelance jobs in order to survive, PLUS I do my own art.

But, whenever I try to come off this cold turkey, I am able to abstain, but after a while (several days up to two weeks) I ALWAYS have that certain vision throbbing in my head, and I MUST  make a collage or a drawing, because I see everything in my head and if I don´t spit that out, I become obsessed, haunted and irritable. And that is not healthy.

What is worse, almost every picture of other thematics I do (whether art or illustration for cash) reminds me of Lana and I have that compulsion to temporary  put my work aside and dive into LanaWorld.

What is even more worse, when i really DO sit down at my desk and start to elaborate idea, it is never perfect, because I never have enough time (because of above mentioned two cardinal life activities of mine), and then I feel guilty and angry at myself. Fucking vicious circle.

I want to say that, considering I am not rich and I have a lot of work to do, I do not have that luxury to totally devote myself to Lana, but those prosecuting visions are forcing me to materialise the work, which, in the end, I hate, because all the time I am doing it I am aware that I should do something else and that I procrastinate. Lana covers are not my profession, so I would so like to quit all of this, but I do not know how.

And, also, what is bugging me is that I know that, if I had more time, I would make bombastically good works, but I never have more than three hours of my spare time.

If anyone has a suggestion, I am here to listen. :)

PS. Yes, I go to psychotherapy, and it is funny to say this, but I mentioned this problem to my shrink (since, of course, we talk about everything), and I got the impression that she does not think that this is so severe. But, I do think it is part of OCD (although that is not my diagnosis, just a behavioral pattern).

Sometimes I don't comment because your art Is a bit too brutal for me, like the drawings you posted above, but that's just me. I don't think you should Obsess about your Lana Obsession. I would suggest : note your ideas down ans then make them one at a time. Also, giving them more time could give them he opportunity to mature in your mind. I have that with video projects (although I'm not very good). I have this idea and I WAAAANT to exécute it, but often I can't (generally because other people are involved too so our timetables have to match). But, as frustrating as it is, this waiting période gives me the time to reflect on the idea, give it time to grow and get some depth ... Just my two cents !

Keep up your work ! And much luck for your career as well, since we're at it ^^

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Sometimes I don't comment because your art Is a bit too brutal for me, like the drawings you posted above, but that's just me. I don't think you should Obsess about your Lana Obsession. I would suggest : note your ideas down ans then make them one at a time. Also, giving them more time could give them he opportunity to mature in your mind. I have that with video projects (although I'm not very good). I have this idea and I WAAAANT to exécute it, but often I can't (generally because other people are involved too so our timetables have to match). But, as frustrating as it is, this waiting période gives me the time to reflect on the idea, give it time to grow and get some depth ... Just my two cents !

Keep up your work ! And much luck for your career as well, since we're at it ^^

Thank you so much for the response.

By too brutal you mean those Lana drawings or BDSM ones?

Ideally, I would want to quit doing fan art and totally devote myself to what is my speciality, for multiple reasons. One is that my art would blossom, and another is that somehow I am ashamed for being someone´s fan. I never ever was in the situation in which I was obsessing over some other artist, and I always thought that fandom (the exaggerated, pathological one) is the matter of immaturity, infantilism and not being integrated, developed and psychologically completed  person (please, don´t be offended by this, these are just my, maybe too radical musings) and I strongly defend the statement that someone must be his or her own main actor/superstar in life, not bowing down to celebrities. Maybe the one thing that is positive is to extrude the best and most precious from the person you admire and take her as a motivation for personal growth.

Considering ideas, yes, I am very impatient and prone to scrabbling, instead to put the idea on hold and let it boil and stew.

Anyway, you are so kind for responding, I even had you in mind while writing this post, and it is a beautiful coincidence you replied. :)

And, yeah, I believe people think I´m batshit crazy and deeply disturbed because of those BDSM pics, but imagination is the temple of every possible conception or looney fantasies, so it´s all in my head. :D