HunterAshlyn

HUNTER HOOLIGAN

no, i'd love that. I really would.

ALSO. Would you guys like a very short little live EP. It would be singer/songwriter stuff- me and a piano. I might release it "soon" but idk if you guys would want that?

I'd love it.

Awesome. It will be very different from this stuff, but that's fine. =] it'll show you guys different sides of what I do =]

Studio version of Best Friend.

onion-65.gif

Edited by Neal

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

I'm agreeing with Neal again ^

ALSO. Would you guys like a very short little live EP. It would be singer/songwriter stuff- me and a piano. I might release it "soon" but idk if you guys would want that?

Yes, I love all sides of your music, Hunter! I fell in love with all your soundcloud stuff before Blue Jean Bambino came along and bulldozed over my life. I probably couldn't even say I have a preference. For now, I'm content with the mixtape, so don't feel rushed.

(Although that sounds reaaalllly exciting.)

As for the mixtape, I'm writing my thoughts down with every listen. I'm hesitant to call it a review because I'd feel like I'm up myself if I tried to format it professionally and pretend I don't know you, but yeah.

Do you know that this mixtape is exactly what I've needed? :defeated:

I mean, it is just the gayest thing I've ever heard. I think you probably know that. I've been known to download songs by drag queens before, and gay artists, and Lady fucking Gaga. And this is honestly the gayest music on my computer. I absolutely love you for it. You have goddamn Vogue and Let's Have a Kiki and Ima Read, for Christ's sake!

I think you really should be commended for making these tracks all your own. To the untrained eye, it's a huge amount of covers. But they're all just Hunter tracks to me. That's been an obvious talent since I first listened to your Video Games cover. Take "WAVVY" for example. I'm really feeling that song at this particular moment in time and I had to look up the original song to make sure it wasn't just a good cover of a genius song. As it turned out, my love was entirely powered by your creative liberties. (PS, is there speaking in tongues on that shit or what?)

And yet with that said, you're not the dreaded ~cover artist~! It really is your personal touches that are the standouts on here. Like, how dare you reduce some of the best to mere Rihanna-esque chorus girls?! It's fantastic! How dare you have this white, gay as splenda persona on this release and rap so effortlessly?! How dare you fully realize this ballroom, Paris is Burning rapper thing that Azealia Banks was only hinting towards?! And then how dare you come out of the gates with that fucking singing voice, making "Blue Jeans" sound like a soul standard and getting me legitimately emotional on "Summer Religion"?! And finally, how can you perfectly remix Grimes and Kanye West? You shouldn't be, Hunter, you just shouldn't be.

My thoughts kind of got away from me. I've been feeling like I should give you the review you're worthy of but I'm psyching myself out. I'm sure I'll have more thoughts the more I play it (I'm really playing it a lot).

To narrow my standouts to 5: Blue Jean Bambino, HitchCock, WAVVY, Summer Religion, BodyScheiße. And minus the ones that were already out, I also love Sweet Oblivion, Faggots in Paris, Ratchet, and that beautiful minute and a half of Old School. Summertime also adds a lot to the mixtape as a whole piece of work.

I think I'll return with a post about my favorite lyrics, too.

:oprah:

Do you know that this is EXACTLY what I'VE needed!?

I swear to GOD, THE UNIVERSE, FATE, WHATEVER- I swear on my life that reading the support that you guys have flooded me with has made me laugh, has made me cry, has made me proud, has made me confident. You DON'T understand how much it means to me to know that this thing belongs to all of you- that you can take it (FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES)- and it's yours. You can do whatever you want with it- grow with it, grow apart from it, remember it one day in 40 years. To know that these words I wrote about a vision of paradise I had- a place where we could all belong- has made it into your life.

Honestly, your thoughts and your excitement and your participation in all this makes EVERY ounce of work count for what I hoped it would.

Btw guys.... Today is the 1 year anniversary of the filming of my first music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NwXzD049I

Been meaning to dl this vid forever.

To know that you feel supported by what I/we do/say made ME proud.

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Sorry for being late but I LOVE the mixtape and I can't wait to listen to the live EP. :woot:

the love is NEVER too late. I'm so glad you like it. And I'm hoping to deliver it as a little gem for you guys =]

Been meaning to dl this vid forever.

To know that you feel supported by what I/we do/say made ME proud.

<3 Neal, I love you dearly. I keep replaying your friend's get well message and meditating on getting BETTER so we can do our interview!! :D :D :D

:oprah:

Do you know that this is EXACTLY what I'VE needed!?

I swear to GOD, THE UNIVERSE, FATE, WHATEVER- I swear on my life that reading the support that you guys have flooded me with has made me laugh, has made me cry, has made me proud, has made me confident. You DON'T understand how much it means to me to know that this thing belongs to all of you- that you can take it (FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES)- and it's yours. You can do whatever you want with it- grow with it, grow apart from it, remember it one day in 40 years. To know that these words I wrote about a vision of paradise I had- a place where we could all belong- has made it into your life.

Honestly, your thoughts and your excitement and your participation in all this makes EVERY ounce of work count for what I hoped it would.

One day I'll show it to my children.

No I won't, are you kidding, you say "and you take my seed, swallow all the sesame"! But I'm trying to think of a way I can convince my rather non-hip hop friends to listen to you.

Vision of paradise, Lana? :creep: No, you're too sweet. It's my absolute pleasure to support you. It would be so much more difficult if you made crap music.

Btw guys.... Today is the 1 year anniversary of the filming of my first music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NwXzD049I

I love that track and I can't download it :defeated: But this is beautiful, I think I've seen this before. At least, I've gone through your youtube before :P

GUYZ. :D

Oh Sitar, you and your future children just jamming to the lyrics "make you pray the rosary/ i love it when your choking me" is an image worthy of a hallmark christmas card. Hhaahahaha. And perhaps your friends will like this little live EP. =]

And Alex, im glad you do! It's CRAZY to think it's ONLY been a year. I feel like it's been FOREVER AGO

All morning I've been singing under my breath "Hallelujah Jesus, love to all / Except them suffer bitches who don't have my bawls." :teehee:

Can't wait to read the interview!

All morning I've been singing under my breath "Hallelujah Jesus, love to all / Except them suffer bitches who don't have my bawls." :teehee:

Can't wait to read the interview!

Can't wait for you guys to see it! I think it's going to come out so well!

PS.

I love your set.