Fluorine

Charli XCX

i don't want a photo taken by iphone cause they seem so ://. like doesn't she have any high quality photograph machine? i hope she comes through

I’m dying at “photograph machine”.. girly it’s called a camera LOL

I literally don’t care about the album cover, we aren’t waiting for Leonardo Da Vinci’s latest piece, I’m just excited for the music

agreed lol we been knew this project is diy so I don't know why we need to have some super hq perfect image. ill take a an iPhone photo for good music.

Well we know Huck has some form of camera that isn't and iPhone, so fingers crossed we'll get something from him for the album cover. I wouldn't mind if we just got something simple and sleek this time around.

I know her album covers post-Vroom Vroom have been very polished and almost plastic (if that makes sense) but I'd rather something simple, if she can't achieve it. 

agreed lol we been knew this project is diy so I don't know why we need to have some super hq perfect image. ill take a an iPhone photo for good music.

Ugh, I wish I could agree but like all of her album covers are flawless, like legit, they all work together but as individual bodies of work. I know she's spoken about having synesthesia and how that affected her album art, but like it really shows. The album covers perfectly capture the sound and her vision.

It would be shame that the upcoming album (potentially her best work) would be let down by the art.

And I know to some people it's a minor thing but look at Britney's Glory album... Many fans and critics have said that the new artwork excellerates the experience and completes the album package.

Ugh, I wish I could agree but like all of her album covers are flawless, like legit, they all work together but as individual bodies of work. I know she's spoken about having synesthesia and how that affected her album art, but like it really shows. The album covers perfectly capture the sound and her vision.

It would be shame that the upcoming album (potentially her best work) would be let down by the art.

And I know to some people it's a minor thing but look at Britney's Glory album... Many fans and critics have said that the new artwork excellerates the experience and completes the album package.

I totally get where you're coming from and normally an ugly album cover can really put me off and would disappoint me also - Glory is a great example of that but just cause of the nature of the project, the fact it's been made from home and over the internet in just over a month I feel like a LQ iPhone photo is probably the best representation of the album for me so I can forgive it. This entire project is kinda the definition of rushed - which isn't a bad thing cause Charli has said before she makes her best music really fast and she is just generally a fast working person anyway - so I'm kinda here for a fast put together album cover. Also I have Apple Music so if it's really ugly I'll just change it anyway lmfao. 

artworks DO matter, they can get you to listen to music! i've discovered so many artists just because their album/single covers intrigued me. let's not pretend visuals are a secondary thing, they're not. music & visual arts go hand in hand. they complement each others. and, also, bad artworks can put your whole mood off and affect your opinions. 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

but just cause of the nature of the project, that fact it's been made from home and over the internet in just over a month I feel like a LQ iPhone is probably the best representation of the album for me so I can forgive it. This entire project is kinda the definition of rushed

I do get you and I guess it would be a way of defining this album - but we know Huck has a camera, he took those photos of her for that magazine cover last month and they were great. So she has the resources, I just hope she puts some thought into the album art, the singles have been nice and it kinda works for the singles with the homemade videos.

I just think there should be more care with the album cover, so here's hoping haha

I do get you and I guess it would be a way of defining this album - but we know Huck has a camera, he took those photos of her for that magazine cover last month and they were great. So she has the resources, I just hope she puts some thought into the album art, the singles have been nice and it kinda works for the singles with the homemade videos.

I just think there should be more care with the album cover, so here's hoping haha

Agreed, I don't want it to be half assed and I hope she does have some kinda concept for it rather than just a nice looking picture but I'm just not expecting a masterpiece. Charli always has a way of exceeding my expectations tho so I'm excited nonetheless 

Do we think the album will drop at 9am pst or do you guys think it'll be later/earlier? I just can't believe it's this week. 4 days away. Will she give us a final tracklist before the drop or wait til day of? I'm so excited!

artworks DO matter, they can get you to listen to music! i've discovered so many artists just because their album/single covers intrigued me. let's not pretend visuals are a secondary thing, they're not. music & visual arts go hand in hand. they complement each others. and, also, bad artworks can put your whole mood off and affect your opinions. 

I agree with your point, artwork had always been important to me to. I am expecting good artwork because I like what has been put out and I think her artwork for this project has been good. I don't expect them to be similar to her past artworks though (hq, shiny, sharp) I have no problems with a iPhone pic as long as it's executed good

XPo3CNC.jpg