Fluorine

Charli XCX

10 hours ago, rollwithme said:

Remember the Girl, so confusing haters? I’m assuming they’ve all gone extinct by now

i love lorde's verse i wish it was all her and no charli. i hate when charli does that stupid trapper voice of hers she sounds like she got two balls in her mouth at the studio and it annoys me so bad, hence why i hate this song, thoughts, if i cried and any other that she uses her post malone voice. so, in conclusion, still very much here and not extinct rose-mcgowan-rose.gif

10 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

I’m not feeling the “there are multiple versions of Girl, so confusing with multiple female artists” theory. That would kinda make the Lorde version less special and run the whole concept of it into the ground. A big part of what makes this so monumental is because it’s Lorde, and the layers behind that. If she did this with Rina or whoever it would be such a non-event. I still see people throwing Marina’s name around (give it up) but their whole beef was never that deep and there’s really no depth to their dynamic. Their beef literally started and ended with Marina sending her fans after her for doing a similar photoshoot as her almost a decade ago, and present day they’re not friends. There’s really nothing more to it. It would not match the concept of the song. 

The only thing I could see would be a version with Lorde and Marina. They are basically the only girls speculated for the song to be about, and honestly their twitter interaction felt so forced. Commenting on a remix while staying silent on the album, it sounds like a stunt. Like Charli told her, don't mention me at all, until the Lorde version drops, so people can speculate again before this final version/remix drops. I do agree though that a Lorde version and a Marina version would be less satisfying than a Lorde version followed by a final version with all three.
Also the word version just screams that The girl, so confusing saga is not yet finished, Otherwise she would have called it a remix.

honestly I don't think marina would be on girl, so confusing because she'd probably have to acknowledge the familiar froot in the room, whilst that comment was iconic and low-key funny in itself, tweeting 'imagery is artistic property. please respect your fellow artists.' when she directly took inspiration from cindy sherman and copied some of her shots for the album visuals of electra heart was so:toofloppy:

I think Marina’s tweet felt calculated like she thought she had to comment on the song to save face. Maybe she did genuinely think it was beautiful, but the reason to publicly post about it was for her own benefit. It makes the public think positively of her because she’s “supporting” Charli. I don’t think Charli talks to her at all and that twitter interaction is probably all it will be.

12 minutes ago, rollwithme said:

I think Marina’s tweet felt calculated like she thought she had to comment on the song to save face. Maybe she did genuinely think it was beautiful, but the reason to publicly post about it was for her own benefit. It makes the public think positively of her because she’s “supporting” Charli. I don’t think Charli talks to her at all and that twitter interaction is probably all it will be.

girl confusing is the exact type of white feminism that marina preaches so idk it fits 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

16 minutes ago, rollwithme said:

She was like hey Charli!!! Don’t forget I have beef with you too!!!!! Please feature me? 🙏 

24 minutes ago, rollwithme said:

nah i do think it’s honest

people really love to make Marina seem like a bitch..  i think the fruit moment interaction is exactly what girl so confusing is about as well, the industry putting so much pressure on women that they start being put against eachother which causes unnecessary drama and hatred 

why did i get emotional to lorde's verse   :oprah:

𝐁𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐰𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐓𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞

★★