How so, what/who all has she sampled in her work? (Not questioning you, just curious)

The original new americana sampled Juicy by B.I.G. And I think a few others on Badlands use samples. The way she acts to using samples is very poor too, she practically attacks fans defending her point and saying she knows much more about the music industry than they do etc. Saying that sampling is ethical because the original artist gets money (idk if you've caught on yet but I'm not a big fan of sampling)

Demos_copy.png

I love both versions of New Americana tbh. Drive is probably my least favorite track from her by comparison to her others, though.

The original new americana sampled Juicy by B.I.G. And I think a few others on Badlands use samples. The way she acts to using samples is very poor too, she practically attacks fans defending her point and saying she knows much more about the music industry than they do etc. Saying that sampling is ethical because the original artist gets money (idk if you've caught on yet but I'm not a big fan of sampling)

What's wrong with re-purposing a song to make new material? Hell, half of the songs on BTD samples the same yell/scream/whatever ripped from a YouTube video but it turned out just fine :rip:

MkWI4Ns.png

Halsey is a very interesting young artist, that is raising many eyebrows across the industry.

Hurricane (the first song of hers I ever heard), cranked up on excellent headphones, is mind blowing.

Her voice is very unique and special IMHO. have to see what the future songs come out like..

little lady, come and fade me.. :)

Yeah, no, the new version of New Americana sounds fan-made mix to me.  :deadbanana:  The acapella sounds filtered, and the instrumental kinda sounds like National Anthem... Nah, it was not a good re-fix. The demo is far superior, and it's so darker and fiercer. Sorry Halsey. 

Drive is cute tho. Not as good as I thought it would be, but it's cute.

lABVyGE.png

Did anyone hear Drive while it was leaked? I only heard a snippet, but it was very different instrumentally imo

It wasn't leaked, it's on spotify :) https://play.spotify.com/album/6NEfJxP8zlajf0XEqMhgHW

Yeah, no, the new version of New Americana sounds fan-made mix to me.  :deadbanana:  The acapella sounds filtered, and the instrumental kinda sounds like National Anthem... Nah, it was not a good re-fix. The demo is far superior, and it's so darker and fiercer. Sorry Halsey. 

Drive is cute tho. Not as good as I thought it would be, but it's cute.

OMG! Just what I thought too! It sounds like NA, the snare drums before the chorus, those creepy high pitched keys on the second verse, very NAish.

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

I didn't think so either, but it has the Badlands album art and 20,000 notes on tumblr.

20,000 :rip: oh lord people are deaf. it doesn't even sound like her :lmao:

lABVyGE.png

Halsey is getting big bitches. real big. its coming. the hurricane.

to first take over America by storm, then Europe, then Japan, then South America, then..

your home town.

:D

wishful thinking lol

BzhmW.png