Lana brought something new to the table. All the people saying Badlands is the new Born to Die / Halsey is the next lana, are delusional. 

mte everything feels very inauthentic and disingenuous with her

I was reading a very recent interview with her in Complex and she said something odd about her experiences in music "So many of the ones I want to say, I’m not allowed to talk about yet, which sucks because I want to tell you"

BzhmW.png

Do I like Halsey's music? Yes. Do I think she's completely manufactured (possibly not even to her knowledge) to market to teenagers who shop at urban outfitters and want to listen to "indie" music? Absolutely.

Says the member of a Lana Del Rey forum  :thumb2: Love both artists, but they know their shared market.

MkWI4Ns.png

I feel like there's something that's oddly manufactured about her that I can't place my finger on. Everything is way too consistent and lucky with her career. Plus her personality on Twitter contrasts a lot with her personality in her music.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Idk I think she's genuinely nice and happy because she hasn't been fucked over by the industry or the fame (yet, hopefully never)

I think she appeals to the outsider/teenagers because she is really young (I think 20, just ended her teen years) and her teenage years were a very important and eventful stage in her life.

I'm not sure if Halsey's necessarily manufactured, I think she just knows her audience and how to make music that appeals to them.

As for her personality, she does have bipolar disorder, so I'll cut her some slack there, but she's honestly so nasty on Twitter. She's so impatient with her fans, and she only responds to negative comments. But also I kind of feel bad because she gets so much hate from fans of other artists.

But I've met her irl and she's so nice and friendly, so I don't know if she's just really good at pretending to be nice and genuine, or if she just really sucks at Twitter.

tumblr_nkg4kzoz7y1td0oleo1_500.gif

same, i like halsey but ever since i heard of her ive had this like uncomfortable feeling of inauthenticity. i actually think shes inconsistent and makes weird choices ? like the second mv for ghost. it feels so forced to have the video be gay when the song is like "... boy boy boy!!!" you know. its just uncomfortable ? trying to appeal to straight ppl with the lyrics + trying to appeal to gay ppl with the video ???  she feels v off. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

still listen to her though

he's honestly so nasty on Twitter. She's so impatient with her fans, and she only responds to negative comments. But also I kind of feel bad because she gets so much hate from fans of other artists.

Unrelated to your icon but I feel this way about Ryn Weaver and it like completely turned me off to her. I don't follow Halsey on twitter and its probably best if I don't if she tweets the way you're describing. It's such a huge turnoff when artists don't allow their music to speak for itself and get caught up in Twitter.

Unrelated to your icon but I feel this way about Ryn Weaver and it like completely turned me off to her. I don't follow Halsey on twitter and its probably best if I don't if she tweets the way you're describing. It's such a huge turnoff when artists don't allow their music to speak for itself and get caught up in Twitter.

Lowkey Azealia Banks shade lolololol

smile.gif

i mean it doesn't really turn me off because i get that they're around my age and they're just starting to make a career happen. it's kind of like your wildest dream is actually attainable but somebody is trying to make sure that doesn't happen. if i was trying to do something big like release an album that the whole world can hear, i would probably want to behead anyone that gave me negative feedback to be honest. I give props to artists that just ignore it, but really I don't think I could.

i mean it doesn't really turn me off because i get that they're around my age and they're just starting to make a career happen. it's kind of like your wildest dream is actually attainable but somebody is trying to make sure that doesn't happen. if i was trying to do something big like release an album that the whole world can hear, i would probably want to behead anyone that gave me negative feedback to be honest. I give props to artists that just ignore it, but really I don't think I could.

I agree and I'm not saying I ever could. I just feel like it adds that ugly element into the mix. Maybe because a lot of artists before didn't grow up with social media so they never really thought to use it like that (a lot also just have publicists run their twitter) but something about it just seems to take away from the music for me

It honestly doesn't turn me off from her or her music either, I'm just worried it's going to turn off potential fans

tumblr_nkg4kzoz7y1td0oleo1_500.gif