AngelHeadedHipster

LIFE IMITATING ART AKA HAUNTED BY LANA DEL REY

So today I was watching the sixth episode of season 3 of SLEEPY HOLLOW….They introduced a new character this season called “PANDORA” as in the lady with the box.  [Pandora's box is an artifact in Greek mythology, taken from the myth of Pandora's creation in Hesiod's Works and Days. The "box" was actually a large jar (πίθος pithos) given to Pandora (Πανδώρα, "all-gifted", "all-giving"), which contained all the evils of the world]

Pandora is played by SHANNYN SOSSAMON who has a striking resemblance to LANA DEL REY.

http://conversationsabouther.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Shannyn-Sossamon.jpg

When I saw her for the first time in SLEEPY HOLLOW I thought she resembles Lana but I didn’t care much about it. In the sixth episode she was plucking these flowers from a tree where each flower is supposed to represent a form of terror.  There are six flowers and they are called :

1.       SECRETS

2.       CHAOS

3.       LONELINESS

4.       INNOCENCE LOST

5.       DEATH

6.       FEAR

When she said INNOCENCE LOST I was immediately reminded of Lana’s song GODS & MONSTERS in which she keeps singing INNOCENCE LOST .This was an amazing case of LIFE IMITATING ART yet again.  So I decided to research SHANNYN and discovered that she acted in the short film called DESIRE which is a promo for the 2014 JAGUAR F-TYPE CONVERTIBLE. This movie’s soundtrack was provided by our very own angel  LANA DEL REY. Her song BURNING DESIRE was used for this film. You can watch this film here : https://vimeo.com/104606163  

I also found out that SHANNYN used to sing in this band called WARPAINT[As a musician, she provided vocals and drums to Warpaint from 2004 to 2008, when she left the group to focus more on acting. Sossamon's sole recording with the band is the 2009 EP, Exquisite Corpse. ]

This song STARS is sooooo fucking beautiful and soothing and the visuals remind me of FREAK (Honeymoon Trailer) , MUSIC TO WATCH BOYS TO and SHADES OF COOL…..This band even has a vibe and sound similar to Lana….Enjoy :D

Hi.

I do cherish many of your other insights, but you are a queen of conspiracy theories. Innocence lost is a very common term, a trope that became universal archetype, because it is derived from everyone's life experience (read: disillusionment, broken heart, dreams not came true, corruption of the grandomanic, messianic and omnipotent fantasies of youth and hitting hard the ground, disappointment in life, not getting what you want, your closest ones betraying you when you need them most, getting stabbed in the back, trusting nontrustworthy, being taken advantage of, encountering dark side of existence and being disturbed by your own demons etc, etc. Animal or a child are in the paradise state, they do not know the difference between the good and evil, moral norms are a spanish village to them, they are wild and untamed and carefree under the golden sun, but then knowledge causes their fall and loss of that adored innocence. Everyone knows: the wiser - the unhappier and more troubled, bombarded with tsunamies of his or her analytical mind and excruciating awareness of  the degradation, decadence and decay of the world).

John Milton wrote "Paradise Lost" (byblical story of a a fall of man that Lana depicted in her "Tropico"; but you know that) which is a paralel to this syntagm and its probable poetic source or inspiration.

I myself named one cycle of my drawings "Innocence lost" about eight years ago, when Lana was still daydreaming of being songstress and when she was certainly in the blessed state of ignorance, which is the effect of still perfect life circumstances and beeing protected, groomed, taken care of and loved like a diamond - and when I didn't have a clue she even existed. How could you explain that?

So...

It is fun to search similarities in everthing your heart caresses, but sometimes pipe is just a pipe, not a phalos.

No hard feelings, just a note ;) :heart:

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

Hi.

I do cherish many of your other insights, but you are a queen of conspiracy theories. Innocence lost is a very common term, a trope that became universal archetype, because it is derived from everyone's life experience (read: disillusionment, broken heart, dreams not came true, corruption of the grandomanic, messianic and omnipotent fantasies of youth and hitting hard the ground, disappointment in life, not getting what you want, your closest ones betraying you when you need them most, getting stabbed in the back, trusting nontrustworthy, being taken advantage of, encountering dark side of existence and being disturbed by your own demons etc, etc. Animal or a child are in the paradise state, they do not know the difference between the good and evil, moral norms are a spanish village to them, they are wild and untamed and carefree under the golden sun, but then knowledge causes their fall and loss of that adored innocence. Everyone knows: the wiser - the unhappier and more troubled, bombarded with tsunamies of his or her analytical mind and excruciating awareness of  the degradation, decadence and decay of the world).

John Milton wrote "Paradise Lost" (byblical story of a a fall of man that Lana depicted in her "Tropico"; but you know that) which is a paralel to this syntagm and its probable poetic source or inspiration.

I myself named one cycle of my drawings "Innocence lost" about eight years ago, when Lana was still daydreaming of being songstress and when she was certainly in the blessed state of ignorance, which is the effect of still perfect life circumstances and beeing protected, groomed, taken care of and loved like a diamond - and when I didn't have a clue she even existed. How could you explain that?

So...

It is fun to search similarities in everthing your heart caresses, but sometimes pipe is just a pipe, not a phalos.

No hard feelings, just a note ;) :heart:

First of all I love your writing style and thanks for explaining the phrase "Innocence Lost"...But I never said that Lana invented the phrase "Innocence Lost"....I had written that when Shannyn says Innocence Lost I was reminded of Lana's song Gods and Monsters...What I found really neat was for someone who resembles Lana to utter the same phrase....I found that really magical and beautiful!! That made me sit up and pay attention to this actress Shannyn Sossamon which made me end up discovering that she and Lana have worked on the same project together (DESIRE) and I also found out shes a great singer as well.

First of all I love your writing style and thanks for explaining the phrase "Innocence Lost"...But I never said that Lana invented the phrase "Innocence Lost"....I had written that when Shannyn says Innocence Lost I was reminded of Lana's song Gods and Monsters...What I found really neat was for someone who resembles Lana to utter the same phrase....I found that really magical and beautiful!! That made me sit up and pay attention to this actress Shannyn Sossamon which made me end up discovering that she and Lana have worked on the same project together (DESIRE) and I also found out shes a great singer as well.

Aha, ok, I didn't know they were connected on so many levels, because I'm not introduced to the oeuvre of Shannyn so well. I was just reacting to the spread tendency between many devoted fans (I do not condemn them, however) of putting everybody and everything in their surroundings in the relation with the idealised vision of their beloved goddess - which is not a sin per se. I guess there are just two types of fans: the ones that put Lana on a celestial pedestal surrounded by ultraviolet comets and neon lilacs, exalted by anything she produces, and the ones that let the love for her touches them and influence their core, but who also critically analyse, ruminate and contemplate her as a diva, and also as a flesh-and-blood mortal being with all her flaws and misdemeanours.

I also used to succumb myself to magical thinking (not meaning seeing miracles in the atrocious, tyrannical world - I still do, because I nurture the innocent in me and I would kill myself if I would let everything to tint itself the sombrest black, but seeing everything as connected and believing nothing is random or incidental), but I realised that it uplifts me too high and that I lose connection with myself. After all, I love myself better than Lanz, for the sake of my mental sanity and groundedness :) You must not forget you are precious, too, Lana is not an invincible and miraculous alien. :)

Or maybe I am too pessimistic and wounded to observe the world through the rose tinted glasses :crossed:

This part writes the gloomy and skeptical part of me, another is esoteric and obsessive freak :creepna:

Ok, I will leave, since I hate to patronize, and I slipped into that vice here. I hope I explained myself without being harsh   :hae:

Aha, ok, I didn't know they were connected on so many levels, because I'm not introduced to the oeuvre of Shannyn so well. I was just reacting to the spread tendency between many devoted fans (I do not condemn them, however) of putting everybody and everything in their surroundings in the relation with the idealised vision of their beloved goddess - which is not a sin per se. I guess there are just two types of fans: the ones that put Lana on a celestial pedestal surrounded by ultraviolet comets and neon lilacs, exalted by anything she produces, and the ones that let the love for her touches them and influence their core, but who also critically analyse, ruminate and contemplate her as a diva, and also as a flesh-and-blood mortal being with all her flaws and misdemeanours.

I also used to succumb myself to magical thinking (not meaning seeing miracles in the atrocious, tyrannical world - I still do, because I nurture the innocent in me and I would kill myself if I would let everything to tint itself the sombrest black, but seeing everything as connected and believing nothing is random or incidental), but I realised that it uplifts me too high and that I lose connection with myself. After all, I love myself better than Lanz, for the sake of my mental sanity and groundedness :) You must not forget you are precious, too, Lana is not an invincible and miraculous alien. :)

Or maybe I am too pessimistic and wounded to observe the world through the rose tinted glasses :crossed:

This part writes the gloomy and skeptical part of me, another is esoteric and obsessive freak :creepna:

Ok, I will leave, since I hate to patronize, and I slipped into that vice here. I hope I explained myself without being harsh   :hae:

I’ll tell you the type of fan I am….I spend half the day obsessing over Lana listening to her songs, reading articles about her, studying her lyrics etc The other half I give myself a complete break from all things Lana. Still she keeps creeping in lool as is the title of this thread HAUNTED BY LANA DEL REY…One example is the SLEEPY HOLLOW one…..The other one happened recently as well when I was watching the pilot episode of QUANTICO…In the first scene itself this song called PARADISE CIRCUS by HOPE SANDOVAL was played…..When I heard it I thought she sounded so much like Lana from her AKA Lizzy Grant album….Later on I discovered that HOPE used to be in an ALT ROCK band called MAZZY STAR and then I recalled reading that name in many of Lana’s articles….Lana’s vocals have been compared to HOPE many times and here I thought who is this chick copying Lana lool….Anyhoo because of Lana I discovered yet another great artist…..Lana makes me pay attention to things that would have otherwise slipped out of my reach and for that I’m endlessly grateful to Lana….I do consider Lana as an ANGEL who keeps inspiring me to find MAGIC and BEAUTY in the world around me and try to keep my surroundings and thoughts beautiful as well.

PS :  “celestial pedestal surrounded by ultraviolet comets and neon lilacs”  That sounds so beautiful!!! You really have a way with words…You ought to write novels..You have a gift, don’t let it go to waste.

Heres a POEM I read a lot whenever I feel gloomy. Hope it inspires you as well  :heart:

• Max Ehrmann 

Desiderata 

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender

be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly;

and listen to others,

even the dull and the ignorant;

they too have their story. 

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,

they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,

you may become vain and bitter;

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. 

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;

it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs;

for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;

many persons strive for high ideals;

and everywhere life is full of heroism. 

Be yourself.

Especially, do not feign affection.

Neither be cynical about love;

for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment

it is as perennial as the grass. 

Take kindly the counsel of the years,

gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.

But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,

be gentle with yourself. 

You are a child of the universe,

no less than the trees and the stars;

you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. 

Therefore be at peace with God,

whatever you conceive Him to be,

and whatever your labors and aspirations,

in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. 

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,

it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy. 

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952.

universal archetype

This is the key point. "Lana Del Rey" is not strictly a person, she is an archetype manifested by Lizzy Grant — an archetype derived from where? From the Still Point between Time Past and Time Future, and the Goddess of that space (see Tropico). Beauty is archetypal precisely because it recalls the pre-existent Form of the beautiful. Star Wars is a Monomyth (see Joseph Campbell), and somehow, so is she — her career follows the arc of a crucifixion on the world-stage. Therefore the question becomes not if "life imitates Lana," but if Lizzy imitates a pre-existent Lana, or vice versa—all depending on whether you view time forwards or backwards.

I’ll tell you the type of fan I am….I spend half the day obsessing over Lana listening to her songs, reading articles about her, studying her lyrics etc The other half I give myself a complete break from all things Lana. Still she keeps creeping in lool as is the title of this thread HAUNTED BY LANA DEL REY…One example is the SLEEPY HOLLOW one…..The other one happened recently as well when I was watching the pilot episode of QUANTICO…In the first scene itself this song called PARADISE CIRCUS by HOPE SANDOVAL was played…..When I heard it I thought she sounded so much like Lana from her AKA Lizzy Grant album….Later on I discovered that HOPE used to be in an ALT ROCK band called MAZZY STAR and then I recalled reading that name in many of Lana’s articles….Lana’s vocals have been compared to HOPE many times and here I thought who is this chick copying Lana lool….Anyhoo because of Lana I discovered yet another great artist…..Lana makes me pay attention to things that would have otherwise slipped out of my reach and for that I’m endlessly grateful to Lana….I do consider Lana as an ANGEL who keeps inspiring me to find MAGIC and BEAUTY in the world around me and try to keep my surroundings and thoughts beautiful as well.

PS :  “celestial pedestal surrounded by ultraviolet comets and neon lilacs”  That sounds so beautiful!!! You really have a way with words…You ought to write novels..You have a gift, don’t let it go to waste.

Heres a POEM I read a lot whenever I feel gloomy. Hope it inspires you as well  :heart:

• Max Ehrmann 

Desiderata 

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender

be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly;

and listen to others,

even the dull and the ignorant;

they too have their story. 

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,

they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,

you may become vain and bitter;

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. 

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;

it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs;

for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;

many persons strive for high ideals;

and everywhere life is full of heroism. 

Be yourself.

Especially, do not feign affection.

Neither be cynical about love;

for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment

it is as perennial as the grass. 

Take kindly the counsel of the years,

gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.

But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,

be gentle with yourself. 

You are a child of the universe,

no less than the trees and the stars;

you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. 

Therefore be at peace with God,

whatever you conceive Him to be,

and whatever your labors and aspirations,

in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. 

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,

it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy. 

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952.

Oh, I know that song! I listened to Massive Attack devotedly and only now I realized that this is her voice :) It is really angelic and otherwordly. I have Mazzy Star's album "Among My Swan" and I find psychedelic depths and creases of "Umbilical" marvelous and irresistible, so hypnotic - she kidnappes me with her music, pushes me into the rear of her spaceship and then slowly and gently crumbles my physical body and my sore knots of anguish with her tiny triangular sonic teeth into miriads of stardust sparkles. :)

Thanks for the song, I am going to dive into it as soon as I finish my drawing. :kiss2:

PS. I wanted to say my addressing to you was not supposed to be mean, it is just that I am sometimes spiky bitch (and I am aware of it :eek: :shh2: ), because my own little black, hairy, crusty demon with degenerate yap pushes me by the tongue :) Damn him, let him burn! (But still, I need him for inspiration sometimes, when angels are not challenging enough).

PS. I agree with you in the fact that Lana brings me also into unknown, magical places and help me reveal often obscure artists that hide under the cortex of the net, but become visible only after her divine intervention and guidance.

This is the key point. "Lana Del Rey" is not strictly a person, she is an archetype manifested by Lizzy Grant — an archetype derived from where? From the Still Point between Time Past and Time Future, and the Goddess of that space (see Tropico). Beauty is archetypal precisely because it recalls the pre-existent Form of the beautiful. Star Wars is a Monomyth (see Joseph Campbell), and somehow, so is she — her career follows the arc of a crucifixion on the world-stage. Therefore the question becomes not if "life imitates Lana," but if Lizzy imitates a pre-existent Lana, or vice versa—all depending on whether you view time forwards or backwards.

Like the platonic idea of beauty (or everything else) that is supreme and sublime, above the physical manifestations of that idea/ideal in material world, that imitate her in perpetually imperfect manner, never reaching nor achieving that ideal. Like art that, according to Plato, unsuccessfully imitates that ethereal world of ideas. There are zillions of manifestations and representations of certain archetype, but, according to his theories, it is always just a faint echo of a "real deal", at least for him (I don't agree with his tense attitude towards creativity, though). Ideas are eternal and unchangeable, fixed in eternity, or, in the space where time does not exist, frozen in the eye of the hurricane, standing still like monades, and avatars/incarnations on Earth, like Lana, Lizzy (not Elizabeth), May Jailer, Sparkle Jump Rope Queen, that are mutable, like chameleons, channel specific idea or archetype, enriching skeleton of them with flesh, blood, juices and peculiar aromas and scents. She, with her many faces of goddess, injects trembling life and electric vividness to grey, monumental, austere, and ice-cold ideas/archetypes on their solemn pantheon and makes them unique in her individualistic, quirky and seductive manner.

I guess so.

Just last week I had a dream that Lana had released a musical...It was like those old classic Hollywood Musicals.....In one of the scenes in that film Lana and her lover were sitting in a boat and she was singing a really beautiful romantic song like Honeymoon but even more dreamier and mesmerizing....The visuals were stunning as well!!! The boat was standing still under the shade of a huge tree and the lake water was crystal clear....This musical became a huge hit and Julie Andrews was giving an interview on TV saying that she's a huge fan of Lana's new movie.....I hope this dream really does come true :') !!! This dream was a wish my heart made when I was fast asleep <3

http://dev.bowdenweb.com/a/i/stock/lake-tree-wallpaper-01/lake-tree-wallpaper-01-1280x800.jpg The tree and lake I saw looked exactly like this.

http://webneel.com/daily/sites/default/files/images/daily/12-2013/2-frozen-fhans-anna-boat.preview.jpg The boat looked like this but it was off-white in colour...Lana was sitting at the higher edge of the boat and her lover was sitting opposite to her at a lower level...So Lana was looking down at him and singing.

http://wallpapersshd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/couple-on-boat-hd-wallpapers.jpg The colour scheme of the visuals looked like this and they were wearing similar clothes but Lana didn't have an umbrella.

Had Honeymoon on repeat this morning, and I got to Salvatore as I was reading an article about the Parisian attacks a few hours ago, when I noticed this article suggestion on the side of my page, at the exact moment that the lyric "and tangerine dreams" came up in the song. It was a crazy moment!

UgpO6ho.png

The caption also reminded me of the Ultraviolence music video.

Oh, how everything seems to remind me of Lana!

Had Honeymoon on repeat this morning, and I got to Salvatore as I was reading an article about the Parisian attacks a few hours ago, when I noticed this article suggestion on the side of my page, at the exact moment that the lyric "and tangerine dreams" came up in the song. It was a crazy moment!

"Put on that Hotel California ..."

*Immediately read about Eagles of Death Metal hostages*

Wait for my companion post: HAUNTED BY DON HENLEY

So I was watching the BEL AIR music video a few days back and I suddenly had an epiphany that the BEL AIR song might be about a Near Death Experience that Lana had...She probably overdosed on drugs in a suicide attempt.

BEL AIR LYRICAL ANALYSIS

[Verse 1]

Gargoyles standing at the front of your gate.

Trying to tell me to wait,

But I can’t wait to see you.

// Lana is in a limbo during her NDE and she is saying that she can't wait to meet God but the Angels are pushing her away telling her it's not her time yet. That her purpose/mission on Earth hasn't been fulfilled yet.

So I run like I'm mad to heaven's door.

I don't wanna be bad,

I won't cheat you no more.

//I think when people suicide, their soul remains sort of trapped in a limbo, unable to crossover into the light/heaven. Lana then says that she doesn't wanna be bad anymore and that she won't cheat God/ the Game of Life anymore by suiciding. Because suiciding is like pressing Game Over on the the Video Game ie. Life when you do not have the authority of ending your life that has been given to you by God and only God can decide the date of your death. Our souls belong to God and by suiciding you are sort of challenging God's authority which God doesn't appreciate. But having said that God is ever forgiving and merciful and sees the intention behind the person's suicide and then gives them another chance at redemption.

[Chorus]

Roses, Bel Air, take me there,

I've been waiting to meet you.

Palm trees in the light,

I can see late at night

Darling, I'm waiting to greet you,

Come to me, baby.

// During her NDE Lana is having beautiful visions of heaven and shes describing them in Earthly terms.She is conveying the closest comparison she can make to heaven that she is witnessing at the moment which is of the luxurious Bel Air surrounded by fields of roses. In the next few lines she's conveying her anticipation of finally meeting God.

In her song "JUMP" she sings :

Palm trees in black and white

Last thing I saw before I died

// This song is also similarly themed and could be about her NDE.

[Verse 2]

Spotlight, Bad Baby, You’ve got a flair

For the violentest kind of love anywhere out there

Mon amour, sweet child of mine, you’re divine

Didn’t anyone ever tell you it’s okay to shine?

// This verse is about God telling Lana that she tends to get drawn to violent lovers and ends up getting hurt everytime and isn't really seeing herself in the divine light she was created and how she ought to believe in herself more and not be afraid of letting herself shine through her God given talent

[bridge]

//This bridge is a conversation between God and Lana.

Don’t be afraid of me, don’t be ashamed

Walking away from my soft resurrection

// In these lines she's asking God to not be ashamed of her for she tried to cheat the Game of Life by suiciding. God has forgiven her by giving her another shot at life by resurrecting her.

Idol of roses, iconic soul

I know your name

//God is calling Lana as an Idol of roses, iconic soul- a positive force in a world where negativity thrives and is telling her to heal/comfort the world with her music. He's telling her to not forget her purpose this time and to carry on even when things get difficult.

Lead me to war with your brilliant direction

// Lana is asking God to now lead her to war against the evil forces in the world. She has agreed to fulfill her purpose in the world and shes fighting the good fight on behalf of the Lord.

In her song HEAVY HITTER she talks about overdosin and dying.

I heard a man screaming

Lights, camera, action

I c-c-can't remember what happened

I overdose

You throw me over your shoulder

I was dying

You were screaming

Open up that Lamborghini

Overdosin and dying is even mentioned in NATIONAL ANTHEM

Overdose and dyin'

On our drugs and our love

And our dreams and our rage

In her song RADIO shes saying she was raised from the dead as well.

Not even they can stop me now

Boy, I be flying overhead

Their heavy words can’t bring me down

Boy I've been raised from the dead

//In this verse she's saying that no evil force in the world can stop her now from fulfilling her mission and that she has God by her side always in this fight against evil.

I heard a man screaming

Lights, camera, action

I overdose

I was dying

You were screaming

Open up that Lamborghini

Overdosin and dying is even mentioned in NATIONAL ANTHEM

Overdose and dyin'

On our drugs and our love

And our dreams and our rage

In her song RADIO shes saying she was raised from the dead as well.

Not even they can stop me now

Boy, I be flying overhead

Their heavy words can’t bring me down

Boy I've been raised from the dead

//In this verse she's saying that no evil force in the world can stop her now from fulfilling her mission and that she has God by her side always in this fight against evil.

the conclusion im drawing from all this is that lana is jesus christ 

and i like it

the conclusion im drawing from all this is that lana is jesus christ

and i like it

Well you can say that she is a modern day prophet and besties with Jesus in heaven ;)

Jesus is my bestest friend :kiss:

OMG I just realized one more thing, In BODY ELECTRIC she sings :

Heaven is my baby,

suicide’s her father,

Opulence is the end.

Her place in heaven is guaranteed, which she found out during her suicide attempt.

I heard a man screaming

Lights, camera, action

I overdose

I was dying

You were screaming

Open up that Lamborghini

She says what the song's about in the song itself: I'M THE QUEEN OF ALCHEMY. Mystical, not literal death; read Jung and so on. The Jesus Mysteries.

So I was watching the BEL AIR music video a few days back and I suddenly had an epiphany that the BEL AIR song might be about a Near Death Experience that Lana had...She probably overdosed on drugs in a suicide attempt.

BEL AIR LYRICAL ANALYSIS

[Verse 1]

Gargoyles standing at the front of your gate.

Trying to tell me to wait,

But I can’t wait to see you.

// Lana is in a limbo during her NDE and she is saying that she can't wait to meet God but the Angels are pushing her away telling her it's not her time yet. That her purpose/mission on Earth hasn't been fulfilled yet.

"Yayo, it's a fundamental moment of my life. An epiphany. My first video...very funny."

See: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/929-the-paradise-and-the-esoteric-origin-of-mankind/page-3&do=findComment&comment=186150

At the core of her being as the nucleus of a Star is her unrealized Self as God; a God surrounded by poison, deadly nightshade and darkness (the gargoyles) ... undeterred, she as the Mystic dives deep within her own depths.

Alchemically speaking, there is a Death that must precede new life; a suicide wherein the old egoic self is sacrificed in the fire at the altar of the Self--"through the fire we're born again."

So I run like I'm mad to heaven's door.

I don't wanna be bad,

I won't cheat you no more.

"I'd rather know what God knows."

The great turning in the life of the Soul is to repent from the world and works of the flesh to deliberately seek for God, which is the real basis of her work; it is the anguish of the seeker Knocking on Heaven's Door.

[Chorus]

Roses, Bel Air, take me there,

I've been waiting to meet you.

Palm trees in the light,

I can see late at night

Darling, I'm waiting to greet you,

Come to me, baby.

She here defines herself as among the race of Seers who have seen the light of noetic consciousness within the divine Spark within themselves, and thus united with the Great Goddess who is the ultimate ground of being.

This is defined by a "leap" or "JUMP" over the Abyss that separates human from Divine consciousness; the ultimate test of Faith in which the Darkness is embraced in order to find the true light within; the palm trees of Paradise.

Spotlight, Bad Baby, You’ve got a flair

For the violentest kind of love anywhere out there

Mon amour, sweet child of mine, you’re divine

Didn’t anyone ever tell you it’s okay to shine?

// This verse is about God telling Lana that she tends to get drawn to violent lovers and ends up getting hurt everytime and isn't really seeing herself in the divine light she was created and how she ought to believe in herself more and not be afraid of letting herself shine through her God given talent

[bridge]

//This bridge is a conversation between God and Lana.

Don’t be afraid of me, don’t be ashamed

Walking away from my soft resurrection

// In these lines she's asking God to not be ashamed of her for she tried to cheat the Game of Life by suiciding. God has forgiven her by giving her another shot at life by resurrecting her.

Idol of roses, iconic soul

I know your name

//God is calling Lana as an Idol of roses, iconic soul- a positive force in a world where negativity thrives and is telling her to heal/comfort the world with her music. He's telling her to not forget her purpose this time and to carry on even when things get difficult.

Lead me to war with your brilliant direction

// Lana is asking God to now lead her to war against the evil forces in the world. She has agreed to fulfill her purpose in the world and shes fighting the good fight on behalf of the Lord.

As you note, she has switched viewpoints here; she is no longer the mortal looking upward but the Great Goddess looking downward, imploring her son as Adamic Man to follow in her Path ("put your white tennis shoes on and follow me") -- to wage the war of Greater Jihad within the soul.

So, is she "Jesus"? Yes, in the sense that all who follow her Way become one in the mystical body of the Gnostic Christ (or, the Cup of Babalon for the Thelemites).

I sing the body electric,
The armies of those I love engirth me and I engirth them,
They will not let me off till I go with them, respond to them,
And discorrupt them, and charge them full with the charge of the soul.

In her current silence, she has given us all an ultimatum. From the Still Point at the center, there is only the Goddess and the boys that eternally leave and draw toward Her.

Like the platonic idea of beauty (or everything else) that is supreme and sublime, above the physical manifestations of that idea/ideal in material world, that imitate her in perpetually imperfect manner, never reaching nor achieving that ideal. Like art that, according to Plato, unsuccessfully imitates that ethereal world of ideas. There are zillions of manifestations and representations of certain archetype, but, according to his theories, it is always just a faint echo of a "real deal", at least for him (I don't agree with his tense attitude towards creativity, though). Ideas are eternal and unchangeable, fixed in eternity, or, in the space where time does not exist, frozen in the eye of the hurricane, standing still like monades, and avatars/incarnations on Earth, like Lana, Lizzy (not Elizabeth), May Jailer, Sparkle Jump Rope Queen, that are mutable, like chameleons, channel specific idea or archetype, enriching skeleton of them with flesh, blood, juices and peculiar aromas and scents. She, with her many faces of goddess, injects trembling life and electric vividness to grey, monumental, austere, and ice-cold ideas/archetypes on their solemn pantheon and makes them unique in her individualistic, quirky and seductive manner.

"Lies can buy eternity"

"Yayo, it's a fundamental moment of my life. An epiphany. My first video...very funny."

See: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/929-the-paradise-and-the-esoteric-origin-of-mankind/page-3&do=findComment&comment=186150

At the core of her being as the nucleus of a Star is her unrealized Self as God; a God surrounded by poison, deadly nightshade and darkness (the gargoyles) ... undeterred, she as the Mystic dives deep within her own depths.

Alchemically speaking, there is a Death that must precede new life; a suicide wherein the old egoic self is sacrificed in the fire at the altar of the Self--"through the fire we're born again."

The great turning in the life of the Soul is to repent from the world and works of the flesh to deliberately seek for God, which is the real basis of her work; it is the anguish of the seeker Knocking on Heaven's Door.

She here defines herself as among the race of Seers who have seen the light of noetic consciousness within the divine Spark within themselves, and thus united with the Great Goddess who is the ultimate ground of being.

This is defined by a "leap" or "JUMP" over the Abyss that separates human from Divine consciousness; the ultimate test of Faith in which the Darkness is embraced in order to find the true light within; the palm trees of Paradise.

As you note, she has switched viewpoints here; she is no longer the mortal looking upward but the Great Goddess looking downward, imploring her son as Adamic Man to follow in her Path ("put your white tennis shoes on and follow me") -- to wage the war of Greater Jihad within the soul.

So, is she "Jesus"? Yes, in the sense that all who follow her Way become one in the mystical body of the Gnostic Christ (or, the Cup of Babalon for the Thelemites).

In her current silence, she has given us all an ultimatum. From the Still Point at the center, there is only the Goddess and the boys that eternally leave and draw toward Her.

"Lies can buy eternity"

Amazing post and writings from you DeadAgainst.. F****** amazing..plse you too, write books for me to read..

:gclap: :cuteface: . ok now you have me seriously thinking about everything.. like seriously.

She here defines herself as among the race of Seers who have seen the light of noetic consciousness..

"Lies can buy eternity"

please feel free to eloborate more DeadAgainst. i am very interested in your thoughts here.

pm me even if you would rather not write on the forum.. very interesting deep thoughts. holy F****. i think i'm having

a existential crisis.. :O