teethclick

The Pretty Reckless

Taylor said she already has enough written to start working on a new album and now that they're on a label that seems to fully support their music, I doubt we'll have to wait as long for the next one!

Sweet Things is an absolute masterpiece. So much diversity in just one song, it's so well done. That and House on a Hill are my faves. 

Such an amazing album, still hasn't hit me that it's actually here even though it's literally all I've been listening to this day. Haven't taken my headphones off once haha. 

Their sound has evolved sooooo much. I love Light Me Up to death, but this album has a wayyyy heavier sound and is more complex.  I'm in such awe.

The intro in House on a Hill is great, it's not on the itunes version though which is a shame. 

Well, I thought the instrumentation on some songs was pretty good, catchy songs but a lot of the lyrics are still so juvenile. I also don't hear -that- much development from Light Me Up even though they've had four years. All in all, I thought it was an ok-good album, some songs were a lot weaker than others.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I like the album but I'm not crazy about it like I was with "Light Me Up", I feel like their new sound it's way too heavy for what they got me used to. Hopefully I will change my point of view.

I wish Burn was longer, that would probably be my favorite.

I know, but what's the story behind that and other songs? I heard those songs were lost because of a flood or something like that, I remember the orginal second album was very different.

IMO I'd love to have an album full of Burn's and Kill Me's (Kill Me is my favorite, even though is just a japanese bonus track, such a shame they didn't filmed a music video for it, I love how much it sounds like Nirvana/Hole)

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I had the iTunes version a couple of days before I got my CD, and I don't remember a difference. What are you talking about?

I wish Burn was longer, that would probably be my favorite.

There are so many songs I like on this album.

Going To Hell, House On A Hill, Sweet Things, Blame Me, Burn, Waiting For A Friend

but really I listen to this album from start to finish, there's no song I just can't listen to.

This version has an intro (and some speaking in the middle too)

https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_n2apm1tfc31rd39ato1.mp3#_=_

I was thinking maybe it would at least be on the physical copy, but no. Which is a shame because I think it makes the song even better. 

I know, but what's the story behind that and other songs? I heard those songs were lost because of a flood or something like that, I remember the orginal second album was very different.

Their studio was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy, but I don't think they actually lost any songs. She said it made time for more songs, and that she ended up writing Going to Hell after the wreck (and that she wrote Fucked Up World after their producer's wife died during the making of the album)

Their studio was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy, but I don't think they actually lost any songs. She said it made time for more songs, and that she ended up writing Going to Hell after the wreck (and that she wrote Fucked Up World after their producer's wife died during the making of the album)

Yeah that's what I read, thank you :)

It's a real shame that they didn't include Kill Me in the standart worlwide release, and that we have a really short Burn :(

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Yeah that's what I read, thank you :)

It's a real shame that they didn't include Kill Me in the standart worlwide release, and that we have a really short Burn :(

Kill Me is an old song as is Only You, and they're on iTunes.

But seriously, including the acoustic tracks, the albums under an hour. It wouldn't have killed them to add 2-3 minutes on Burn.

Kill Me is an old song as is Only You, and they're on iTunes.

But seriously, including the acoustic tracks, the albums under an hour. It wouldn't have killed them to add 2-3 minutes on Burn.

I consider Kill Me as part of the second album era, yes it's old but it was meant to be on the album.

Only You, in the other hand, was released as a Target bonus track of the Frankenweenie soundtrack, it was later added to the second album as an iTunes bonus track.

That happens pretty much all the time with Target exclusive bonus tracks, they are later included as iTunes bonus tracks or later releases or as singles b-sides (like on Demi and Selena latests albums/singles).

I didn't have much time to listen to the album without doing anything else but I really loved what I heard !

In my opinion it's not heavier at all and Taylor's voice is just  :legend:

I'm quite sad that they didn't add anything to beautiful Burn. When I listened to that song about one year ago on youtube I though it was only a snippet. It sounds so unfinished. :toofunny:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx