AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

so does anyone got the tea on waiting for someone/dance alone? like when was it made? what project was it for? i find it fascinating, was a pretty different sound for sophie 

19 minutes ago, iamjocelyn said:

so does anyone got the tea on waiting for someone/dance alone? like when was it made? what project was it for? i find it fascinating, was a pretty different sound for sophie 

It’s a song for METTE’s (eventual?) album… but I think it was scrapped after her passing :(

49 minutes ago, iamjocelyn said:

So it's a remix she would perform of a Sega Bodega solo production. As far as what it was for, it's safe to assume a Non Sophie release imo. It was first performed in 19 so I would put it there

2 hours ago, MeantToBeIconic said:

So it's a remix she would perform of a Sega Bodega solo production. As far as what it was for, it's safe to assume a Non Sophie release imo. It was first performed in 19 so I would put it there

thanks!

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

Late 2018 early 2019 with Sega bodega & Mette iirc

oh that's interesting to know that she was already exploring this softer, more accessible, tropical-esque sound that we hear in sunscreen and that forever remix in 2018. i like this new direction she was going for, very different but still very her. it's a pity that everything happened the way it did bc i truly believe her next album would've really been her big break in mainstream

2 hours ago, MeantToBeIconic said:

*ahem*

It's finally good enough to go live

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1to4ZPK7_FRxtLgvDg3mD5YMSTAOMAFyAXquIjYwz-u8/edit?usp=sharing

Formatting remains to be finished but enjoy y'all! Y'all should also have commenting access to help contribute if you'd like!

That “2020 draft tracklist” for TRANSNATION/S2… any chance of anyone sharing it? I’m sure I had it at some point, but I can’t find it for the life of me 

2 hours ago, rodamik said:

That “2020 draft tracklist” for TRANSNATION/S2… any chance of anyone sharing it? I’m sure I had it at some point, but I can’t find it for the life of me 

On 9/8/2023 at 5:32 PM, vaux said:

well we have the leaked tracklist which is directly from sophie’s email:

intro

take me to dubai

new york’s burning down

burn rubber

sunscreen

flybitch

don’t make me wait

lock it up

in the rain

plunging asymptote

rawwwwww

reason why

europe for the summer

makeover / taxi / wanna get fucked up (sophie was suggesting either of these 3 tracks)

candy in the air

love me off earth

exhilarate

my forever

transnation

I imagine a lot of these will be scrapped by now and obviously plunging asymptote won’t be on it as it’s already been released, also if lock it up comes out then it will undoubtedly have a different vocalist after what starrah said about the song - this is probably why sophie got charli to record it

regarding your question about coral reef - the studio version hasn’t leaked, what’s floating around on dbree is cut from the just jam set (hence why it’s lq)

wait a minute hold on

On 9/8/2023 at 5:32 PM, vaux said:

makeover / taxi / wanna get fucked up (sophie was suggesting either of these 3 tracks)

i love the fact that she was deciding between these 3 songs which, for me, is impossible bc they are all bops. I would’ve included all of them :teehee:. Its also crazy cuz they dont fit the album sound at all maybe WGFU but slightly 

27 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

i love the fact that she was deciding between these 3 songs which, for me, is impossible bc they are all bops. I would’ve included all of them :teehee:. Its also crazy cuz they dont fit the album sound at all maybe WGFU but slightly 

I put this album together in my library just for the sake of it and give it a couple spins, and WGFU is easily the best fit, but looking at how harsh they were with copyrights of Taxi, honestly I think the safe assumption was that was the choice

15 hours ago, MeantToBeIconic said:

*ahem*

It's finally good enough to go live

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1to4ZPK7_FRxtLgvDg3mD5YMSTAOMAFyAXquIjYwz-u8/edit?usp=sharing

Formatting remains to be finished but enjoy y'all! Y'all should also have commenting access to help contribute if you'd like!

Thank u sm ily... but now I have to redo my entire sophie folder :crying2:honestly I'll do it later i cba. 

Ok so question: which songs are from 2015/16? Specifically unreleased bc I'm gonna make my own concept of the scrapped 2016 album.

Also is it true she had collaboration projects w artists like Cecile Believe and Big Freedia etc?

1 hour ago, softscars said:

Ok so question: which songs are from 2015/16? Specifically unreleased bc I'm gonna make my own concept of the scrapped 2016 album.

Also is it true she had collaboration projects w artists like Cecile Believe and Big Freedia etc?

There's numerous with both all over. As for the scrapped early album, I honestly don't know much about it, first time hearing of it actually

And unfortunately, as for year, your guess is as good as ours Lolol

5 hours ago, softscars said:

Burn Rubber

Let’s Have A Dream Together

Bitch I’m Madonna

When I Rule The World

Koi

Drop Down

off the top of my head rn

i think these songs from this era have more of a cartoony vibe to them. Less dark techno more bubbly pop. I have my unreleased organized into a few different collections with 4 of them just being named MSM FM, Vol. 1/2/3/4, and I’ve tried to nail the Sonic evolution in how they are arranged. I’ll share when I’m off work!

59 minutes ago, Fetiche said:

Do y’all think we’ll ever get 2019-20 techno era leaks :crai:

I damn hope so but 1 song will probably leak when we least expect it too

Also am i the only one who prefers transnation demo lyrics over the final?

1 hour ago, softscars said:

I damn hope so but 1 song will probably leak when we least expect it too

Also am i the only one who prefers transnation demo lyrics over the final?

were there any differences? You mean the audio she used on the music video and the 11 minutes file (demo)?