Sign in to follow this  
toshi

Video Games - Lana breaking out?

Hi, I became a fan of Lana when I first heard VG, so even though I heard her at the beginning of her career I still don't know the story of how she broke out. It seems like VG was released and she was just around then and went huge. I know she made the video herself, and I heard she uploaded it and then it just caught on. Whats the story of what happened please guys?

Is there another thread explaining the rise of Lana? 

qsVmBMd.png

Basically she just posted the video online and it went viral and then she signed to Interscope/Polydor for BTD. She just got lucky and blew up.

yes, thats basically it really..pretty much bang on. VG launched the Lana rocket..

This seems to have happened to alot of the successful acts in the new age of internet/music.

Some run with it and go on to get bigger, others just fade away after a hit or 3.. its weird..(the success thing..) didn't Bieber get his fame from

youtube? it all started there. still a bit of a crap shoot tho, i mean there are so so many great singers and bands posting on the internet, and

most of them really don't get anywhere..some success, maybe signed and do a record or 2, then tour a bit, but stay relatively unknown..

then Adele, wow, dissapears sort of for 3 or 4 years, and then comes back like this..i think in her case, her demographic fanbase, is very widespread.

the numbers for her are absolutely astonishing to say the least.. expecially even more now at this time (2015) in music biz..

Are people still into vids as much anymore tho? compared to 2012.. idk..hard to say..

Are people still into vids as much anymore tho? compared to 2012.. idk..hard to say..

Yes. Shawn Mendes got famous from vine, for example. His song Stitches went #4 on the BB hot 100, so that's something.

Also, there was this english radio lady that Lana did, I think 3 interviews with over the years. She found VG online and became obsessed with it, watching it over and over. She decided to give the song airplay, that also boosted Lana's popularity a lot in those early days.

Also, there was this english radio lady that Lana did, I think 3 interviews with over the years. She found VG online and became obsessed with it, watching it over and over. She decided to give the song airplay, that also boosted Lana's popularity a lot in those early days.

Yeah Fearne Cotton playing VG on Radio 1 helped boost Lana a lot. She was the first person to ever play Lana on the radio.

Yeah Fearne Cotton playing VG on Radio 1 helped boost Lana a lot. She was the first person to ever play Lana on the radio.

Oh that must be cool for Lana, knowing the first person who shared you on the waves ... 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg