Sign in to follow this  
Lucas B.

Cruel Intentions TV Series (premieres late 2016)

Last year, NBC ordered a pilot based on the 1999 cult teen film and it seems it will premiere late this year.

Sarah Michelle Gellar returns as the deliciously evil Kathryn Merteuil.

The plot:

The present-day “Cruel Intentions” reboot will center around the 16-year-old son of the late Sebastian Valmont (played by Ryan Phillippe in the film) and Annette Hargrove (originally played by Reese Witherspoon), named Bash Casey (Taylor John Smith). Upon finding his late father’s journal, Bash learns of the family legacy he didn’t know existed. In search of answers, he trades his small-town Kansas upbringing for a scholarship to the prestigious Brighton Preparatory Academy in San Francisco and soon finds himself in a world of sex, money, power and corruption he never could have imagined.

Also it follows the beautiful and cunning Kathryn Merteuil — the character played in the film by Gellar — as she vies for control of Valmont International as well as the soul of Bash Casey, the son of her step-brother, the late Sebastian Valmont (Phillippe), and Annette Hargrove (Witherspoon). Kathryn works in a youth rehabilitation movement and is also involved in a local private school. However, her quiet life is shaken with the arrival of Bash Casey, the son of the woman she wronged more than a decade ago

Reese won't return as Annette, so Kate Levering will play it.

Other characters include Kathryn's husband, Pascal Barrett (Coby Bell), and Cassidy (Samantha Logan), daughter of Naomi (Sophina Brown), Pascal's ex-wife.

Can't wait to watch it, Cruel Intentions is my fave teen film.

Some memorable quotes of the best character of the film:

tumblr_liado8yRZy1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

0949b166a9c612d40a7a6254f613e976.gif

2rzfdk4.gif

tumblr_m7rwiaiIO91rvwttvo1_500.gif

anigif_optimized-7354-1432933287-25.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mecpjmbZJA1qd4d7jo1_250.gif

Blessed crucifix

tumblr_mk136ub91W1qkjsuxo1_500.gif

33cq2p2.gif bi6k4p.gif tumblr_lomdnkJIpN1qe970bo5_250.gif

original.gif

Yeah I'm honestly not that interested, haven't seen the film but have seen some of those gifs... But since legend Witherspoon is in it I will def watch it but this series spin off sounds lame and will probz not be renewed for a second season

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

I'll see if I like it, I love SMG and her character is the best one in the film, but it also scares me that I don't know anybody in the cast besides Sarah. Hope it gets a second season tho, she deserves it, she's great actress :oprah3:

8nl2OpX.png

Did it get picked up? I think I remember NBC didn't add it to their summer schedule. So excited! Sarah is a wonderful actress and Katheryn is one of the best characters ever created. Will be odd without Reese though.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Yeah I'm honestly not that interested, haven't seen the film but have seen some of those gifs... But since legend Witherspoon is in it I will def watch it but this series spin off sounds lame and will probz not be renewed for a second season

You received A Like for legend witherspoon 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I don't get why networks are starting to adapt movies into TV shows that are supposed to go on for several seasons.

We have Rush Hour, then The Exorcist, and Scream. it's dumb

BzhmW.png

SMG said we can expect an announcement for the next month and a half, i'm almost dying to know what they're going to announce.

I hope they say it has been picked up and will premiere late this year/beginning of 2017 or that it will head to netflix/hulu/other stream platform. I also expect they release a poster and/or teaser trailer soon, can't wait to see Kathryn back in action.

I don't get why networks are starting to adapt movies into TV shows that are supposed to go on for several seasons.

We have Rush Hour, then The Exorcist, and Scream. it's dumb

But there's a difference: in Cruel Intentions tv series we'll have SMG reprising her role as Kathryn and she's the soul of CI. So, I place my bets on this.

original.gif