gloomyharlow

Lana at a gas station April 1, 2016

With regard to the Daily Mail's 1st piece, I think they may have been implying she was aware of the Paparazzi but elected to stay focused on her "important" phone conversation as the "news". IDK, but I would love the fact of her not being fazed by them. I also love the refererence to her "gladiator-style" sandals. With regard to the 2nd Daily Mail piece, it's odd that they track LDR so closely, when she goes out, and can brand every article of clothes she wears but not know Emile. I'm guessing it's not a question of not knowing but just not caring and/or wanting to spice up the headline and/or not wanting to waste time explaining who he is (in contrast to the clothes). The 2nd Daily Mail piece also looks staged in the sense that the two seem more aware of the paparazzi.

Finally it's also interesting to compare how the Daily Mail views other pop female bigwigs, Taylor, Katy, Gaga. A quick glance of these stories usually shows them doing something publicity-stunt-worthy with their (sometimes) also famous boyfriends. Lana Del Rey goes to a convenience store for snacks, to pump gas, and talk to someone on the phone and it's (also) major news.

With regard to the Daily Mail's 1st piece, I think they may have been implying she was aware of the Paparazzi but elected to stay focused on her "important" phone conversation as the "news". IDK, but I would love the fact of her not being fazed by them. I also love the refererence to her "gladiator-style" sandals. With regard to the 2nd Daily Mail piece, it's odd that they track LDR so closely, when she goes out, and can brand every article of clothes she wears but not know Emile. I'm guessing it's not a question of not knowing but just not caring and/or wanting to spice up the headline and/or not wanting to waste time explaining who he is (in contrast to the clothes). The 2nd Daily Mail piece also looks staged in the sense that the two seem more aware of the paparazzi.

Finally it's also interesting to compare how the Daily Mail views other pop female bigwigs, Taylor, Katy, Gaga. A quick glance of these stories usually shows them doing something publicity-stunt-worthy with their (sometimes) also famous boyfriends. Lana Del Rey goes to a convenience store for snacks, to pump gas, and talk to someone on the phone and it's (also) major news.

You think Lana is setting up these paparazzi strolls herself? A lot of celebrities do that.

You think Lana is setting up these paparazzi strolls herself? A lot of celebrities do that.

Perhaps, but I don't know.  However, I continually wonder whether she is aware of the Paps when they photo her. For the last two stories, I would guess yes (especially the 2nd). I was also trying to contrast the kinds of stories she appears in vs. others in her celebrity category (wrt to Daily Mail stories). Don't know what it means (or whether there is really a trend), but she seems to command attention for doing mundane things more than others.

they could have deal, maybe she got angry about her pics on the beach the other day and told her managers to make a deal w the paps, perhaps it's I let you get me a couple times but you won't stalk me anymore like that

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif