Wild One

The Conjuring

The Conjuring  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie did you like more?

• The Conjuring
    • The Conjuring 2
    • I love them both equally

The Conjuring movies are horror movies directed by (legendary) James Wan.

The first movie was released in 2013, the second one in 2016.

The Conjuring

The-Conjuring-Warren-House-Blumhouse-pro

Plot:

In 1970, paranormal investigators and demonologists Lorraine (Vera Farmiga) and Ed (Patrick Wilson) Warren are summoned to the home of Carolyn (Lili Taylor) and Roger (Ron Livingston) Perron. The Perrons and their five daughters have recently moved into a secluded farmhouse, where a supernatural presence has made itself known. Though the manifestations are relatively benign at first, events soon escalate in horrifying fashion, especially after the Warrens discover the house's macabre history.

Release Date:

July 19, 2013.

Budget:

20 million USD

Box Office:

318 million USD

Ratings:

Rotten Tomatoes - 86%

IMDB - 7.5/10

Metascore - 68

The Conjuring 2

CON2-04652r.jpg

Plot:

In 1977, paranormal investigators Ed (Patrick Wilson) and Lorraine Warren come out of a self-imposed sabbatical to travel to Enfield, a borough in north London. There, they meet Peggy Hodgson, an overwhelmed single mother of four who tells the couple that something evil is in her home. Ed and Lorraine believe her story when the youngest daughter starts to show signs of demonic possession. As the Warrens try to help the besieged girl, they become the next targets of the malicious spirit.

Release Date:

June 10, 2016.

Budget:

40 million USD

Box Office:

315.8 million USD

Ratings:

Rotten Tomatoes - 80%

IMDB - 7.8/10

Metascore - 65

giphy.gif

I bought the first film in a $5 bin randomly because I had been wanting to see it, and I thought it was really dumb. HOWEVER, the second movie was SO GOOD!!! the film was shot beautifully and the whole aesthetic was perfect. what's up with these horrow sequels much outdoing the first? another good example imo is The Woman in Black.

H0bDaqU.gif

btw I hope this doesn't turn into a floppy thread!

Making this thread made me so angry (tons of times that I pressed the backspace button that lead me to a different page and deleted everything) and I almost broke my hands because of it! 

:rip:

giphy.gif

I've seen The Conjuring a lot of times, It wasn't the best horror movie of 2013, but although the theme was really cliche Wan really knew how to make a really good and effective movie. I haven't seen the sequel so is it worth it?

8nl2OpX.png

I've seen The Conjuring a lot of times, It wasn't the best horror movie of 2013, but although the theme was really cliche Wan really knew how to make a really good and effective movie. I haven't seen the sequel so is it worth it?

Yeah it's so worth it!

I've watched the sequel twice and I loved it! (Imo it's better than the first one).

giphy.gif

Yeah it's so worth it!

I've watched the sequel twice and I loved it! (Imo it's better than the first one).

I wanted to see it since June but my friends and I can never organize :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png

Most overrated Horror Movie Franchiseright now

The Conjuring one was extremely mediocre in my opinion. A lot of clichees, yet not  even scary in a "yeah, I expected it and it's still creepy" scene. Don't know why people made such a fuss about it. Most of these "home horror" things have been executed much better before, the stor ydid not even try to be more than lame and after some parts where you thought it MIGHT at least be entertaining it turned into complete boringness with all this "posession" stuff.  No atmosphere, no interesting characters, no creative setting, no spooky scenes. 

The Conjuring 2 was ok, but still ... hm. Not something I'd want to watch more than onetime, and not because it creeped the hell out of me ... Insidious 1 did it better.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Most overrated Horror Movie Franchiseright now

The Conjuring one was extremely mediocre in my opinion. A lot of clichees, yet not  even scary in a "yeah, I expected it and it's still creepy" scene. Don't know why people made such a fuss about it. Most of these "home horror" things have been executed much better before, the stor ydid not even try to be more than lame and after some parts where you thought it MIGHT at least be entertaining it turned into complete boringness with all this "posession" stuff.  No atmosphere, no interesting characters, no creative setting, no spooky scenes. 

The Conjuring 2 was ok, but still ... hm. Not something I'd want to watch more than onetime, and not because it creeped the hell out of me ... Insidious 1 did it better.

So true, haven't seen TC2 yet though. The first was very overrated, nothing was particularly new or even creepy.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

The first one was extremely overrated. I was told my numerous people, "Nooo don't watch it, you'll never be able to sleep again!!!!." And as the horror movie enthusiast I am I was like ok sure jan. Anyways it was really cliched and the plot line wasn't even that good? I was so disappointed. I watched it again before watching the second one, and my low opinion was cemented. However, the Conjuring 2 a much better movie overall compared to the first one. The plot was more interesting. There were actually surprising twists + LBR that nun was creepy as hell. Can't wait to see what they'll do with the rest of this series

Wow I really enjoyed the first one a LOT, I guess I should take time to see the second one. also, would be cool to have the Rotten tomatoes ratings up for both of them

Wow I really enjoyed the first one a LOT, I guess I should take time to see the second one. also, would be cool to have the Rotten tomatoes ratings up for both of them

Added ratings in OP! :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

giphy.gif