Jack

Melanie Martinez

3 hours ago, WildChild said:

Can we talk about how Alphabet City is likely a whole separate song from Alphabet Boy and it's a 2014 Cry Baby registry... the fact we grouped it based off the title is kinda dumb. Even the length is different. It is a song I fear

It lists Alphabet Boy as an alt title and K&OL as contributors

playing my portals vinyl again, its not as bad as the last couple plays but its still so quiet and low-pitched for no reason :deadbanana:

edit - and honestly sounds kinda slow?

edit 2 - we all already knew melanie self produced Void, but did we know she self-produced Light Shower too? i just saw it in the credits of my vinyl insert

Edited by The Siren

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

playing my portals vinyl again, its not as bad as the last couple plays but its still so quiet and low-pitched for no reason :deadbanana:

edit - and honestly sounds kinda slow?

edit 2 - we all already knew melanie self produced Void, but did we know she self-produced Light Shower too? i just saw it in the credits of my vinyl insert

My copy is similar, the pitch also changes off and on in death, and the vinyl sounds slow. Do you also have the blood splatter variant? 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

Just now, Pop The Balloons said:

My copy is similar, the pitch also changes off and on in death, and the vinyl sounds slow. Do you also have the blood splatter variant? 

yeah the bloodshot one

21 hours ago, The Siren said:

yeah the bloodshot one

Oh Lord yep that's the one I have it definitely sounds and plays like how you described, I had the colored variant and it sounded better 😞 but it was warped hence why I have the bloodshot 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

On 11/30/2023 at 8:00 PM, ButterflyBones said:

Omfg--

zVaYyWs_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I don't know what's in those mushrooms she's been taking, but no. Just.. holy fuck, no.

and all the perfume bottles look like an4l plugs.......... melanie girl this ain't you.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

and all the perfume bottles look like an4l plugs.......... melanie girl this ain't you.

I honestly like the perfume bottles. I just wish the box was a simple ornate treasure chest 

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

The Portals perfume release is... interesting to say the least. When we started being told a perfume was coming, I was hoping to see something similar to the Crybaby perfume that, while a bit niche, is over all an appealing blend with a simple package you can tuck into a drawer if you don't want to display it. I know smaller and more affordable bottles are meant to be coming out next spring, but it just leads me to think this release was being pushed out before it was ready and rushed to completion.

Another thing I've started to see now that people are receiving their packages is that even if they are over all happy with the product in terms of the packaging, they're disappointed with the fragrances themselves. u/blue_cookie_cutter on reddit said the fragrances only lasted for around ten minutes on their skin, and had a plasticy overtone after drying down that they compared to a c*ndom. I do hope that this is just a case of an individual receiving a poor product, possibly from winter temperatures during transit, but if this does turn out to be a consistent issue it's disappointing that this is another instance of low-quality merchandise being pushed by Melanie that probably won't be spoken on.

7 hours ago, Salem said:

The Portals perfume release is... interesting to say the least. When we started being told a perfume was coming, I was hoping to see something similar to the Crybaby perfume that, while a bit niche, is over all an appealing blend with a simple package you can tuck into a drawer if you don't want to display it. I know smaller and more affordable bottles are meant to be coming out next spring, but it just leads me to think this release was being pushed out before it was ready and rushed to completion.

Another thing I've started to see now that people are receiving their packages is that even if they are over all happy with the product in terms of the packaging, they're disappointed with the fragrances themselves. u/blue_cookie_cutter on reddit said the fragrances only lasted for around ten minutes on their skin, and had a plasticy overtone after drying down that they compared to a c*ndom. I do hope that this is just a case of an individual receiving a poor product, possibly from winter temperatures during transit, but if this does turn out to be a consistent issue it's disappointing that this is another instance of low-quality merchandise being pushed by Melanie that probably won't be spoken on.

holy fucking shit id be upset :air:

the $20 perfume i got from target lasts all day :air: