Jack

Melanie Martinez

7 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

Birthing Addicts >

woah i forgot about all the acoustic stuff she performed. does anyone has a list of all the titles or a folder with all the songs? i have to download them 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

22 minutes ago, Tulips said:

It's more than that I think. I listened to it today and it still bopped, so amazing

Well I’m glad you think so :usrs: all of her unreleased deserve to be appreciated bc her remarkable songwriting skills. I just wish they were a little bit more apparent on K-12 , but I guess since K-12 was half visual half audio it makes sense as to why the concept isn’t as thorough. Still bumping Lunchbox Friends and Detention tho :party:

56 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

woah i forgot about all the acoustic stuff she performed. does anyone has a list of all the titles or a folder with all the songs? i have to download them 

Acoustic originals :

Birthing Addicts

Bones are Blue

Curly Cue

Dear Porcupines

I Think I’m Crazy

Intervals

A Million Men
Night Mime

The One

Race

Rough Love

Run

Smoke

Covers:

All I Want is You

Almost Lover

Body Electric

Broadripple is Burning
Creep

Dreams

Give Me Love

High and Dry

Kids

Little Black Submarines

Mad World

Mardy Bum

Misguided Ghosts

Money (That’s What I Want)

My Everything

My Heart

O Come, O Come Emmanuel

Oh Comely

The One That Got Away

Orbit
Pieces

Remember Me

Royals

Samson

Set the Fire to the Third Bar

Shake Me, Wake Me (When It’s Over)

She’s Got You
Skinny Love

Sunday Morning

Sweater Weather (feat. Bryan Keith)

Things Have Changed

Thrift Shop

Thriller

Train Song (feat. Jared Dylan)

Video Games

whew those acoustic songs... queen, it's a shame we never really got a project with those themes and songs

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

On 9/13/2020 at 11:10 AM, Nightmare said:

whew those acoustic songs... queen, it's a shame we never really got a project with those themes and songs

Melanie actually did 2 scrapped acoustic EPs: Take Me to the Moon (2012) and a 2013 EP which we don't know the title of. 2013 EP was close to getting released in 2013 but then Melanie made Dollhouse (the song) and she came up with the concept of Cry Baby and basically scrapped the acoustic sound.

We have the tracklist and title of Take Me to the Moon. The tracklist:

1. I Think I'm Crazy

2. Curly Cue

3. Birthing Addicts

4. Smoke

5. The One

6. Milky Way

7. Alone

8. Oh, Carousel

9. I Love My Ride

The whole EP was self produced and finished before she went on The Voice. From the EP, we only have I Think I'm Crazy and The One. We also have Curly Cue, Birthing Addicts and Smoke but not in the form that they were going to appear on the Take Me to the Moon EP.

For the 2013 EP, sadly we don't know the tracklist or title but we know many songs which were intended for it. Curly Cue and Birthing Addicts were likely on the EP, but she probably re-recorded them after scrapping Take Me to the Moon. Songs intended for this EP (in alphabetical order):

A Million Men
A Thousand Words (note: Melanie confirmed this song was also re-considered for Cry Baby but due to reasons I believe that the 2013 EP version and Cry Baby version are the exact same and she did not rework it like how she did with Night Mime)
Birthing Addicts
Bones are Blue
Curly Cue
Dear Porcupines

Night Mime (Was originally made as an acoustic song, she later re-worked it for Cry Baby with new production)
Rough Love

We don't have any of the songs intended for this EP in their EP/studio form except Bones are Blue, but we do have a studio snippet of Dear Porcupines which Melanie posted to her social media in 2013.

7 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

well if i am a completely poor being without any mels stuff do i have a chance to hear mistakes in its flawlessness and full

Maybe one day , but it’s really not that special, lyrically it might fit cry baby but the sound definitely doesn’t, it’s “Can’t Shake You” level of quality almost