Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

yeah that one

here is the new of the game

really cool 9/10

tumblr_omu9vaThIa1w7w6vqo1_500.jpg

i don't remember it but it looks great, i've seen it a couple times in that ~~game stores~~ where 12 year kids are playing the whole damn time and they keep screaming everytime they achieve something LOLOL it's sooo funny

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

The game is Horizon Zero Dawn and its amazing!!!!

thanks babe

i hope i get money enough to buy it

or clever enough to download ilegally

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I offered an opposing opinion please chill out. I even agreed that you made some good points. Nothing warranted any personal attacks or you taking it that personally or seriously-- it's an opinion. You may have yours and I can have mine. Aggression or anger won't change the album you're already disappointed with 

I'm not angry at you. It's all fine by me

I love that everyone here said that 20 tracks would be too long. Chris Brown is apparently releasing a 40 track album. Lana needs to outdo him.

giphy.gif

How is it? She has a song called Lust For Life, its not like she has just called the album Lust For Life, there's a whole song about having Lust For Life. 

That's the point. Iggy Pop has a title track and album called LFL just as Lana. I don't want to make drama out of it but I think that it was a lazy decision that will backfire later. If the track would have been a lyrical masterpiece with a personal twist on the idea than maybe it would be forgivable. But we know the quality of the LFL lyrics. Maybe Iggy Pop is not that known on this forum but imagine if she would called her album Lemonade, Blonde or the Dark Side of the Moon. Anyway, where is the video for LFL?

I can't find it now but Lana did an interview a while back about how she wrote Life is Beautiful in 2012 and the song was about a boy who had a best friend who died and I believe she said it was a BTD outtake because it was just a little too specific. And that when it was picked up for Age of Adaline that's why they never released the full song because it didn't fit the theme of the movie.

That's the point. Iggy Pop has a title track and album called LFL just as Lana. I don't want to make drama out of it but I think that it was a lazy decision that will backfire later. If the track would have been a lyrical masterpiece with a personal twist on the idea than maybe it would be forgivable. But we know the quality of the LFL lyrics. Maybe Iggy Pop is not that known on this forum but imagine if she would called her album Lemonade, Blonde or the Dark Side of the Moon. Anyway, where is the video for LFL?

You sound very upset about this, and for no reason. Also, there are a number of songs with the title Lust For Life. There's no reason to have a stroke over this.

giphy.gif

wow at you going back yet again to this iggy pop thing

You sound very upset about this, and for no reason. Also, there are a number of songs with the title Lust For Life. There's no reason to have a stroke over this.

I said that I don't want to make a drama out of it but it let a bad taste in my mouth. I'm a little baffled at how some people are fine with plagiarism here

I said that I don't want to make a drama out of it but it let a bad taste in my mouth. I'm a little baffled at how some people are fine with plagiarism here

I see what you mean- i think that lana sometimes borrows from her idols as more of a reference/nod to their work and it isn't viewed as plagarism but there's kind of no way to make a hard distinction there

Lou Reed David Bowie Klaus Nomi Iggy Pop

Elizabeth referenced Lou very early in her career and Lana did in Born to Die and was going to record with Lou when he suddenly, tragically died

Long before Bowie died, Lana sang a song Terence Loves You that directly relates to what Honeymoon was about

(and the greatest thing is, after bowie died, many singers would have attempted to get publicity off of the song (as a tribute) even though

Elizabeth wrote the thing a long long time prior to David dying(with no knowledge that he was sick as no one knew)

and she did NOT capitalize on it(no rerelease, etc.)

So, even assuming Lust for Life is a reference to Iggy, SO F u c c c c k I n g what???

Why is anyone even annoyed at that.

BTW- the single greatest moment on American Idol was when Iggy appeared shirtless on regular tv (and Fox at that).

what an iconic moment, America did not know what hit it

BTW- I have seen Iggy in concert for 40 years, from the rolling in glass days, etc.

and I still don't believe, people are not getting Lust for Life. It is not a love song.

Don't Lana fans listen to Elizabeth's music/words?

Born to die  the wanting more

Paradise road trip

Ultraviolence  H e l l

Honeymoon  the realization that the price was too high, the selling of ones soul

Lust for Life (and Love) Politically and scientifically life is more important than the earlier young girl wants. The realization that

Money is NOT the anthem of success.

Lust for life is a non-religious rebirth

(note- I forecast that this would be a long time ago)

and there is NO boy/sex in either Love or Lust for Life.  It is all symbolic/analogy/allegory

and the line between science and witchcraft is a thin one, being that for the ultra-religious Republicans (those who believed Trump was the savior)

there is NO belief in science whatsoever

a listen in chronological order of all the old stuff, the pre-Lana stuff, and each album one after another, shows the story unfolding fully.

and one of the hardest selling points to the masses about Lana is- one cannot tell someone listen to one specific song and say this is Lana.

One needs to listen fully to each album from Paradise on through, each is a concept (without the bonus stuff, which doesn't belong),

to comprehend the messages. That takes time and a lot of emotion.

Honeymoon is her album opus. History will be very kind to the album.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp