Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

The worst track with Coachella is definetely God  Bless America.

It makes me cringe so much. The production sucks just like the lyrics.

Thank you Metro Boomin  :toofunny:  I was expecting a National Anthem 2.0

GAAAAD BLES AMEEEE RI CAAAA *boom* *boom* AND ALL DE BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN IT

LANA DONT PUT GUNSHOTS IN A HAPPY SONG 

The worst track with Coachella is definetely God  Bless America.

It makes me cringe so much. The production sucks just like the lyrics.

Thank you Metro Boomin  :toofunny:  I was expecting a National Anthem 2.0

GAAAAD BLES AMEEEE RI CAAAA *boom* *boom* AND ALL DE BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN IT

LANA DONT PUT GUNSHOTS IN A HAPPY SONG

bye

sgopYhV.gif

I was trying to avoid listening to the leaks, but i couldn't resist when beautiful people, beautiful problems came up on my feed, and holy crud was I blown away. This song is a blessing. 

I can't wait to hear the rest of the album on friday!

Love is a setting sun // Is a smoking gun // Is a four letter word // I hope it hurts 

There's actually not a single song on the record I don't like, but here's how I'd currently rank them (these rankings will probably change completely after a few more listens in better quality as is the way with all Lana records):

1 Heroin
2 13 Beaches
3 In My Feelings
4 White Mustang
5 When the World Was At War We Kept On Dancing
6 Get Free
7 Cherry
8 Summer Bummer
8 Tomorrow Never Came
10 Love
11 Groupie Love
12 Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
13 Lust for Life
14 Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind
15 Change
16 God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women In It

I seriously mourn the loss of BAR on the album, but I'll shut up and deal with it.  :facepalm:

13 Beaches - I'm so happy it turned out to be a love song. It's my favourite. So dark and sexy and I'm addicted to the intro. The "I'd be lying if I kept hiding the fact that I can't deal" line really hits me. I can't stop replaying the shit out of it :defeated:

White Mustang - I had such high hopes for this song as I loved the two snippets we got. And it didn't disappoint me. I mean is a classic Lana song lyric-wise and that's probably why I like it so much. I'm sad it's the shortest one on the record tho.

Cherry - it's such an interesting song. I like how she spiced it up even more by adding "fuck" and "bitch" in the chorus

Heroin - thank God it's a love song and not a political one like many of you were speculating. The first part of the song I love so much. I don't know how to feel about the second part tho. Like the climate change reference seems a little out of place. But overall I love this song.

Tomorrow Never Came - it sounds straight out of the 60s. It has very strong The Beatles vibe and honestly I'm living for it. It's the best collab on the album to me. Lana and Sean's voices get along very nicely. Again, it's the perfect song to drive to late a night. :flutter:

In My Feelings - I didn't know what to expect but when we got the snippet I loved it and I loved the entire song even more.

Summer Bummer - love it. And the A$AP part I didn't like at first actually grew on me now. :sluttybunny:

Change - the old money of this era :wowcry:

Get Free - it's perfect as the last song of the record

When The World Was At War - it's underwhelming. I love the guitar in the intro and how the song sounds melodically. I also like the chorus a lot but I find it a little disappointing lyric-wise

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems - I have mixed feelings. I love the lyrics but I don't think Stevie really fits in the song.. I don't know I just don't like her voice.

God Bless America - I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would

The only songs I don't like are:

Groupie Love - (seriously it's just annoying and A$APs verses don't fit the song AT ALL). it sounds messy as a song to me.

Love - it's cute but that's it. doesn't deserve to be the album opener. :agree:

Lust For Life (definitely her worst collab) and Coachella just didn't grow on me.

Overall I like this album a lot but for me it's still:

UV > HM > LFL

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

White Mustang is the only one I am not too keen on, but it's okay cause it's only 2:45

I actually still love the song at the short length, but she could have taken it so much further with a longer run time and made it beyond epic. 

I can't wait to go home in a couple of weeks and play the CD on full volume in the middle of the day through my mum's Good Qual speakers 

I can't wait to hold the physical cd in my hands tbh omg

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

I finally realised what the start of the chorus of Get Free sounds like!! Baaack to the basiccss

'Everybody's sayin' that,
You're not good for me.
Your friends all swear,
That you've changed but,
I still keep it O.G.'

please tell me i'm not the only one

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart: