electra

ASMR (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response)

I'm actually incredibly surprised there isn't a thread for this already (I did look it up and there doesn't appear to be a thread solely for ASMR, only similar things like Mukbangs - if there is one already, I apologise, couldn't see it anywhere). I wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll keep it in entertainment for now (as it's mostly a Youtube thing). I saw a few different threads titled ASMR, but most of them seemed to be for LDR-related ASMR rather than a general thread on the genre - and I've also seen quite a few posts about the Goddess Maria.

​---

ASMR

Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response

Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is an experience characterised by a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. It has been compared with auditory-tactile synesthesia. Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) signifies the subjective experience of 'low-grade euphoria' characterised by 'a combination of positive feelings, and a distinct static-like tingling sensation on the skin'. It is most commonly triggered by specific acoustic, visual and digital media stimuli, and less commonly by intentional attentional control.

Simply put it: ASMR is a tingly, relaxing or sleepy feeling that you get from watching certain movements, listening to certain soft sounds and other similar stimuli. There's a very large following for ASMR on sites like YouTube, where it is made by content creators and can be accessed quickly, easily and freely.

Who are your favourite ASMRtists?

What are your favourite triggers?

What are some of your favourite videos?

Feel free to post them below!

(As well as any GIF's of the angelic Maria)

---

Does Lana's moan in Serial Killer count?

Won't lie, like most people Lana's voice gives serious ASMR. If more of her interviews didn't have background music, she'd be the perfect person for me to fall asleep to.

I love her videos she takes when she whispers, especially the moonbathing one and the one where she says "I can't sleep".

I'm absolutely sure there was at least one thread before but it doesn't matter at all, to answer your question I'm ADDICTED to it. Since 2012. I extremely rarely feel actual tingles asmr but I CANNOT, I CANNOT fall asleep without it, I need that relaxation. I even had a pretty successful channel for one full year before pulling off lol people tell me I have a very soft voice. My favourite ASMR artist right now is by very far The ASMR Nerd, I fucking love this guy I'm lowkey in love he's cute and such a huge nerd and his elocution wets my panties, his Skyrim series is literally the best non-Lana thing that has ever happened to me. ASMRSoundSpace and ASMRSurge are amazing as well although I really prefer talking stuff. Peaceful Cuisine is unbelievable. My fav triggers are soft-spoking, whisper, touching face, some hand movements, cooking, and probs above everything, shaving cream, but I have so many things I love I can't just list them like that. I also absolutely love non-asmr asmr such as japanese cooking video, I really think my biggest trigger is unintended asmr. 

The people I follow are:

theASMRnerd

pastel cutie (she's so fucking sweet omg)

ASMRSoundSpace

ASMRSurge

Unintended ASMR
Peaceful Cuisine

Tingle Kitchen ASMR (such a shame he isn't posting anymore :( )

Unintentional ASMR

I also regularly check the videos of Fred's Voice, obviously Ephemeral Rift, Massage ASMR, Gourmet ASMR and a few others. I mostly listen to male voices, I got that Daddy-Issues.mp3

And to choose just one is torture but this is one of my fav videos EVER I followed this guy since 2012 I literally watched him grow. 

Won't lie, like most people Lana's voice gives serious ASMR. If more of her interviews didn't have background music, she'd be the perfect person for me to fall asleep to.

I love her videos she takes when she whispers, especially the moonbathing one and the one where she says "I can't sleep".

I'm so happy I'm not the only one cause it's one of the biggest reasons I started stanning Lana in the first place khsjgfjdhgf I got addicted to hearing her interviews... I'd give up her singing voice over her speaking voice literally for an atom I fucking love to hear her talk. It's so soft and girly and her accent gah I love it she'd make an amazing mother 

ZKcaooE.png

ASMR is one of the best things I've ever discovered. 

I've had bad nightmares since I was little, but ASMR seems to make me not have them much anymore. 

BGIHSUD.gifQueen of ASMR 

Like Anne said, I'm pretty sure there was a thread for this a while back, but since it's practically lost in the void, I suppose we can move the discussion here.

My personal favorite ASMRtist is Deluca ASMR.

This video is one of my favorites. I absolutely adore the brush sounds, they give me so many tingles.

He has a lot of great role plays. They're realistic enough to think you're really there which makes it more relaxing for me. 

This "ear exam" video is amazing. I love the sounds of the objects he uses, they give me so many tingles.

(Plus, he's hot so it's win/win  :flutter: )

Let me know what you think if you watch any of his vids.

Just saw this thread and wanted to update it. Do you have any favorite ASMRtists? I'm always on the lookout for new ones to check out. Personally, I really enjoy content creators like GentleWhispering, ASMR Darling, and ASMR Glow. They have such soothing voices and create incredibly immersive experiences. When it comes to triggers, I find that soft whispers, gentle tapping, and the sound of rain or waves really do the trick for me. What about you? Any specific triggers that give you those delightful tingles? As for favorite videos, I'm a big fan of roleplays and guided relaxation sessions. They help me unwind after a long day and get a restful night's sleep. If you have any recommendations, feel free to share them! 

I like Gibi, Latte, Ting Ting.

A few others whose name I forget.

I love the unintentional ASMRs like a commercial or something.

threadbare tapestry unwinding slow.