Candy Galore

Honeymoon doesn't deserve to be treated like this

I often see people discrediting Honeymoon on this community and elsewhere and calling it Lana Del Rey's worst album. But I have never understood that almost the whole fan base hate Honeymoon. Honeymoon has the highest metascore on metacritic with Lust for Life. Honeymoon, Music To Watch Boys To, Terrence Loves You, God Knows I Tried, High By The Beach, Art Deco, Religion, Salvatore, The Blackest Day, 24 and Swan Song are beautiful songs. The album photoshoot is so beautiful as well and far better than Lust for Life. So, why do people treat Honeymoon so poorly? I understand that some people dislike the Freak music video, though. High By The Beach and Music To Watch Boys to have great music videos and the music video for Honeymoon as well. Sometimes I wonder if people actually listened the album before judging it by the singles.

Thank you for your contributing post in my topic. But if you thought my topic was unnecessary, maybe you should've just reported it..

Bah... I only said

You can share your opinion in the Post-Release thread :)

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Dead

This kid is new but is already slaying sum ass

you're new too sis, as me and Lana Rey Loreen.  the thing is that we're iconic.

------

Either way, yes it is very bad treated, I don't want to be hypocrite because when I just joined LB I kept saying 'Honeysnooze' or shit like that, but I found the beauty in those great vocals and instrumentals.

but as @Lana Rey Loreen you could post it in the post release thread.

???, ?????????

you're new too sis, as me and Lana Rey Loreen.  the thing is that we're iconic.

------

Either way, yes it is very bad treated, I don't want to be hypocrite because when I just joined LB I kept saying 'Honeysnooze' or shit like that, but I found the beauty in those great vocals and instrumentals.

but as @Lana Rey Loreen you could post it in the post release thread.

Yeah, Honeymoon it's not a bad album, it has some masterpieces as TLY, The Blackest Day, Religion, Salvatore, Honeymoon, etc. Also it has the best instrumentals

I think this album is very bad treated and Ultraviolence is VERY overrated

Honeymoon came out sooner than it should have, I think this is partly the reason why it wasn't that well received by fans, it just wasn't the right time. Not only that but Lana herself could've used more time to work on the songs themselves (it must be noted that for the short time it was made in, it's an incredibly comprehensive record).

It was also very tame, a regression from the dark and brooding nature of Ultraviolence, and Lana's first time departing from an image based era, all of this made it seem boring but none of the songs are _bad_ persè. In retrospect, I really do appreciate Honeymoon more than I did when it was released. The album is far more genuine and TRULY Lana Del Rey than LFL.

In Short, LFL is like that party bitch we all know. On the surface she's great but over time you realize there's very little substance to her(Heroin is exempt from this analogy!), whereas Honeymoon is that bookish, quiet little girl you always see but never notice, yet when you actually spend time with her you see you underestimated her greatly.

Yeah, Honeymoon it's not a bad album, it has some masterpieces as TLY, The Blackest Day, Religion, Salvatore, Honeymoon, etc. Also it has the best instrumentals

I think this album is very bad treated and Ultraviolence is VERY overrated

Reported. Thank You.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Reported. Thank You.

deny it

but i still love it

Listened to Honeymoon the other day and kinda thought it was better than I expected. I think It's the type of album that kinda gets better with time and people will appreciate it more.

The fact it came straight after Ultraviolence (that ended kinda...abruptly) was something that kinda helped the hate. People weren't over it yet and then Honeymoon came like a trainwreck and people still mourning til today.

Deep down, it's a really great album. Maybe missing a few standouts\highlights that we do have on all the other albuns but still, it's great as a record in full.

I don't know why everyone treats Honeymoon like shit when we have BTD for that. But seriously, I think Honeymoon is Lana's best album because it feels so intimate and personal and the instrumentals are amazing and they suit her voice perfectly.

It took me a little time to warm up to the album, but eventually it got a special place in my heart and it's now my fave. Honeymoon deserves more love.

Fayyt7N.png

I often see people discrediting Honeymoon on this community and elsewhere and calling it Lana Del Rey's worst album. But I have never understood that almost the whole fan base hate Honeymoon. Honeymoon has the highest metascore on metacritic with Lust for Life. Honeymoon, Music To Watch Boys To, Terrence Loves You, God Knows I Tried, High By The Beach, Art Deco, Religion, Salvatore, The Blackest Day, 24 and Swan Song are beautiful songs. The album photoshoot is so beautiful as well and far better than Lust for Life. So, why do people treat Honeymoon so poorly? I understand that some people dislike the Freak music video, though. High By The Beach and Music To Watch Boys to have great music videos and the music video for Honeymoon as well. Sometimes I wonder if people actually listened the album before judging it by the singles.

I guess it's just difference of taste. Plus, HM seems like that album that is cool to hate. :ohno:

Honestly, HM had a great aesthetic and the music was beautiful. I think some people just didn't like the production and lazy music videos.

Personally, I love the album. I just don't like the official cover.  I would have preferred one of the shots by Neil Krug.  :defeated:

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Ultraviolence was her last good era to be honest. It was when she still delivered great visuals mostly. HM had a great aesthetic but the visuals were kinda... sucky. Then LFL, as much as i love the album... it was a trainwreck of an era with such a random all over the place aesthetic

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I think this album is very bad treated and Ultraviolence is very overrated

I love Ultraviolence, especially the album photoshoot but I find myself listening more to Honeymoon than Ultraviolence because it's more of an album I listen to when I feel sad or upset. But when I listen to it again, I do realize it's a beautiful album again. But yeah, it's definitely overrated by the fan base. In every fan base there's an album the majority hate when it's actually a great album. For example, Madonna fans hate Hard Candy while it's actually a decent album and Lady Gaga fans dislike Cheek to Cheek. Either way, they don't get the appreciation they deserve.

I don't know why everyone treats Honeymoon like shit when we have BTD for that. But seriously, I think Honeymoon is Lana's best album because it feels so intimate and personal. It took me a little time to warm up the album but eventually it got a special place in my heart and is now my fave. Honeymoon deserves some love.

Reported. Thank you.

I love Ultraviolence, especially the album photoshoot but I find myself listening more to Honeymoon than Ultraviolence because it's more of an album I listen to when I feel sad or upset. But when I listen to it again, I do realize it's a beautiful album again. But yeah, it's definitely overrated by the fan base. In every fan base there's an album the majority hate when it's actually a great album. For example, Madonna fans hate Hard Candy while it's actually a decent album and Lady Gaga fans dislike Cheek to Cheek. Either way, they don't get the appreciation they deserve.

This. Honeymoon is kinda better than Ultraviolence now that I look at it.

???, ?????????

Then LFL, as much as i love the album... it was a trainwreck of an era with such a random all over the place aesthetic

Yeah, and Lana was also a little wild lately? She announced the album and now the tour dates on such a weird way. Like, she said on Twitter that the tickets were on sale, bitches. I was a little bit suprised because it reminded me of her old tweets. Also, I agree with what you said on the aesthetic. She gives us Love, then Lust for Life and now White Mustang. Like, they are completely different. White Mustang felt like it was kinda the Freak music video of the Lust for Life era.

Today I posted my favorite song from HM (the blackest day) and it seems like everyone else loves different songs, like nobody agreed on which one was the best. That means every song on HM is good (except the Nina cover lmao, not bad but underwhelming in comparison) and the album is terribly underrated by UV lovers like me.

I know the thread is not about UV but if it gets all the praise it gets, it's because UV deserves it.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif