Candy Galore

Honeymoon doesn't deserve to be treated like this

I listen to Honeymoon more often to ease my anxiety. Art Deco, Swan Song, and Salvatore are so beautiful. I do understand why some people aren't in love with it though. I have to be in a certain mood to listen to it.

Today I posted my favorite song from HM (the blackest day) and it seems like everyone else loves different songs, like nobody agreed on which one was the best. That means every song on HM is good (except the Nina cover lmao, not bad but underwhelming in comparison) and the album is terribly underrated by UV lovers like me.

I know the thread is not about UV but if it gets all the praise it gets, it's because UV deserves it.

or maybe because all lana stans are depressive fuck. 

(jk its a really good album)

???, ?????????

I listen to Honeymoon more often to ease my anxiety. Art Deco, Swan Song, and Salvatore are so beautiful. I do understand why some people aren't in love with it though. I have to be in a certain mood to listen to it.

I was just thinking about Salvatore. It's such a beautiful song and one of my favorites by Lana. I love her voice and the sound of the song.

When I feel like really relaxing I always listen to the instrumentals. They're so good you get to transcend to a new level of your being. It's just so orgasmic :oprah:

Fayyt7N.png

I don't know why everyone treats Honeymoon like shit when we have BTD for that. But seriously, I think Honeymoon is Lana's best album because it feels so intimate and personal and the instrumentals are amazing and they suit her voice perfectly.

It took me a little time to warm up to the album, but eventually it got a special place in my heart and it's now my fave. Honeymoon deserves more love.

:whoopi:  :whoopi:  :whoopi:  :whoopi:  :whoopi:  :whoopi:  :whoopi:  :whoopi:  :whoopi:  :whoopi:  :whoopi:  :whoopi:  :whoopi:  :whoopi:  :whoopi:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

in terms of eras i suppose honeymoon was pretty underwhelming with minimalistic promo, recycled footage used for freak and also mtwbt, not giving the title track a proper mv, and perhaps the addition of the backup dancers for concerts but sonically it's amazing, i always listen to all of lana's music anyway

the only low point of hm is perhaps the nina simone cover and the vinyl discontinuity between freak/art deco. i'd hate to pick a favorite but i find honeymoon to be the blueprint of what i like in an album. to me - it's almost perfect 

i love every single song, and the admirable thing is that the album is very cohesive but also lana revisits (or at least acknowledges) different  styles of music from classic lounge, gospel,trap and jazz 

also something that is very specific to honeymoon is that every track is in the right place: she achieved to find the perfect opener/closer combo (i ignore nina - whom i love dearly- and pretend it ends with swan song even tho the cover is ok, and also appropriate, so no hard feelings on my part). the album starts with the perfect incipit that almost breaks the 4th  wall and nudges about lana's popularity and every other track in the middle is in its right place. And love that she has an interlude  

i also love how chill the album is, i like that lana has something like that in her repertoire. anyway this is all my opinion, i admit i have a negative bias against deluxe versions of albums and while UV sonically and lyrically might be more interesting there are like 4 different versions of the album (standard, deluxe, deluxe with an itunes song exclusive and a japanese deluxe version - i could be wrong) so it's kinda jarring. at least LFL has the perfect closer with GF. 

i'm also partial to the surreal themes of the songs and to the hermetic approach of her lyrics, which also brings some variety to her songwriting because that's a different style from BTD/UV where she seems like she's narrating a story, while in HM she seems addressing herself or the audience about her thoughts and feelings in a dialogue. I feel that we are more included in the narrative and lana's persona with this album. 

it might seem like lana hasn't taken any risks but compared to what the music industry is, the project was very risky. the tempo is too slow and not very youtube attractive. I could see the songs being played by a radio tbh but not becoming viral and eliciting lots of clicks which is something everyone attempts to do with drums, fast hooks and lush music videos (altho lana could use a better marketing strategy ...)

i'll stop before writing an essay, honeymoon is bomb. 

Post-Release thread exists sis

Coming from a user who spams the LFL thread with unrelated drivel. The topic isn't discussing Honeymoon, it's about why the album is so disliked within the community, completely appropriate as a topic on its own.

I swear to God y'all :trisha:

Coming from a user who spams the LFL thread with unrelated drivel. The topic isn't discussing Honeymoon, it's about why the album is so disliked within the community, completely appropriate as a topic on its own.

Bitch... Please... Just  :shh:

it's cool ... LRL wasn't being mean  :erm:

I kinda agree with @softdecay ... BTD completely sucks as an album. But it does have some of my fav Lana tracks tho

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I kinda agree with @softdecay ... BTD completely sucks as an album. But it does have some of my fav Lana tracks tho

Reported. Thanks hon :kiss: