Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Honolulu, HI @ Waikiki Shell - February 28th, 2018

I was at this show! I was one of the first few people that got to meet her when she pulled up outside of the venue before the show.

I was with 3 others when she pulled up in a black Escalade. She got out of the car and started talking to us so casually, she took selfies with all of us and suggested a group pic. We all got to talk to her for a good 10 minutes. I asked her if she was enjoying Hawaii, and got to introduce myself.

WE EVEN ASKED her about Wayamaya, and she said the band didn't know it well enough, but she might do some of it acapella.

She complimented our floral outfits and asked us how she should do her hair for the show :defeated:  

Slowly, but surely people started coming to meet her and she remained to calm the whole time. She kept telling her bodyguard "there's not too many, its fine" and she took her time meeting 20-30 other fans. We all respected her, no one shouted or yelled, we all gave her her space. Everything about it was perfect. 

The show itself was a bit underwhelming. She looked fucking amazing, I knew she was gonna pull through with a tropical dress. Her vocals were on point, she sounded fantastic. The venue was cute and small, and OUTSIDE. But there was a mini concrete wall between the stage and barricade. She came down to the wall and sang a bit for the barricade, but was not able to meet fans or take gifts :(

She opened with Summertime and only sang about 15 songs (skipped 13 Beaches and PWYC)  compared to her other shows this tour. It ended fairly early, I wanna say around 9:30 PM. Shades of Cool and High By The Beach were pleasant surprises, but i was really hoping for Wayamaya, or maybe Paradise or Get Free. 

I have a few pictures on my twitter:

https://twitter.com/mr_born2lose/status/969025627733991430

I'm not trying to brag about my experience in ANY way. I consider myself very very lucky and fortunate to be able to meet Lana. It's something I wish everyone on here could go through. She is truly the sweetest thing ever. 

tenor.gif

I was at this show! I was one of the first few people that got to meet her when she pulled up outside of the venue before the show.

I was with 3 others when she pulled up in a black Escalade. She got out of the car and started talking to us so casually, she took selfies with all of us and suggested a group pic. We all got to talk to her for a good 10 minutes. I asked her if she was enjoying Hawaii, and got to introduce myself.

WE EVEN ASKED her about Wayamaya, and she said the band didn't know it well enough, but she might do some of it acapella.

She complimented our floral outfits and asked us how she should do her hair for the show :defeated:

Slowly, but surely people started coming to meet her and she remained to calm the whole time. She kept telling her bodyguard "there's not too many, its fine" and she took her time meeting 20-30 other fans. We all respected her, no one shouted or yelled, we all gave her her space. Everything about it was perfect.

The show itself was a bit underwhelming. She looked fucking amazing, I knew she was gonna pull through with a tropical dress. Her vocals were on point, she sounded fantastic. The venue was cute and small, and OUTSIDE. But there was a mini concrete wall between the stage and barricade. She came down to the wall and sang a bit for the barricade, but was not able to meet fans or take gifts :(.

She opened with Summertime and only sang about 15 songs (skipped 13 Beaches and PWYC) compared to her other shows this tour. It ended fairly early, I wanna say around 9:30 PM. Shades of Cool and High By The Beach were pleasant surprises, but i was really hoping for Wayamaya, or maybe Paradise or Get Free.

I have a few pictures on my twitter:

https://twitter.com/mr_born2lose/status/969025627733991430

I'm not trying to brag about my experience in ANY way. I consider myself very very lucky and fortunate to be able to meet Lana. It's something I wish everyone on here could go through. She is truly the sweetest thing ever.

Omg I’m pretty sure I saw you! I wish I said hello! I’ve always wanted to meet another person from LanaBoards irl! You are so lucky that you got to meet her with only 3-4 other people! :defeated: It did suck that she wasn’t able to come down to the barricade. I had a lei for her but I didn’t wanna force my way up to her when she arrived at the venue. Anyways, I hope you have/had a lovely time here! :heart:

Omg I’m pretty sure I saw you! I wish I said hello! I’ve always wanted to meet another person from LanaBoards irl! You are so lucky that you got to meet her with only 3-4 other people! :defeated: It did suck that she wasn’t able to come down to the barricade. I had a lei for her but I didn’t wanna force my way up to her when she arrived at the venue. Anyways, I hope you have/had a lovely time here! :heart:

You probably did! I camped out early the morning of and met so many other dedicated fans. I wish you or I had said hello to each other, or we could've planned a meetup or something :) And I agree! I think it was pure luck, I still can't believe it happened. But I'm forever grateful my life dream came true. 

Hawaii was paradise! Everything about the show was BEAUTIFUL, the people, the setting, the vibes. By far one of my favorite concerts/ shows I've ever been to. It was my first time being there and I absolutely did not want to leave. I made a trip out of it and brought my mom lol (she used to live there in the 80's). So it was cool to see where she used to live and work and hang out. I'm trying to possibly go back at the end of the year again, so maybe we can meet  :kiss3:  

tenor.gif