Sign in to follow this  
Strangelove

Effects of LDR’s Released Catalogue As A Result Of Fans Leaks…

There has been a new post by Patene123 that has reignited by interest in this topic.

How have fan leaks changed Lana’s released discography? 

Ultraviolence — Reworked “Black Beauty” and other scrapped Untouchable 5 tracks of “Angels Forever”, “Hollywood”, Starry Eyed” and one more I can’t remember right now. I can’t recall the exact drama or the interview but I know she felt very upset by the leaks, and they were Ultraviolence contenders. (To be fair these songs were uploaded to Nowel’s site not by fans.)

Lust For Life — Architecture leaked leading to it being scrapped on LDR5 and reworked into The Next Best American Record. Beats 1 interview clarified further Lana didn’t understand how fans always got material. From what I remember, this was supposed to be the lead single.

I’m having bad memory; I’m sure there are others. 

I feel like bar leaking is part of the reason lfl sounds so messy yk? I feel like the whole album was mastered and done but then that song leaked and since it was apparently the title track i assume lana got mad and scrapped that version of lfl/bar. We might’ve gotten la 2016 and some of the other lfl outtakes if bar never leaked

1 minute ago, Zodiac Dancer said:

I feel like bar leaking is part of the reason lfl sounds so messy yk? I feel like the whole album was mastered and done but then that song leaked and since it was apparently the title track i assume lana got mad and scrapped that version of lfl/bar. We might’ve gotten la 2016 and some of the other lfl outtakes if bar never leaked

I want to know more about this story. 

2 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

her stumbling across nectar of the gods, living legend and cherry blossom on youtube and deciding to tack them on to blue banisters

Did Lana ever specify this is how it went down or is this a joke? I am curious.

7 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

her stumbling across nectar of the gods, living legend and cherry blossom on youtube and deciding to tack them on to blue banisters

Im confused did lana re-record these songs for the album or did she actually find their leaks on youtube :nene:

5 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

Did Lana ever specify this is how it went down or is this a joke? I am curious.

She didn’t specify anything but the songs were released in 128kbps (even though they leaked in higher quality) so I really do think they just ripped them from youtube and mastered them :monicker: 

sig-cropped.png

2 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

She didn’t specify anything but the songs were released in 128kbps (even though they leaked in higher quality) so I really do think they just ripped them from youtube and mastered them :monicker: 

Wouldn’t she have to go through the process of crediting the audio and songwriting engineers involved?

5 hours ago, Zodiac Dancer said:

No, it's a myth. She has explained it herself. It was all because of the results of the 2016 Elections, when Trump won. She started leaning towards political soundscape, she explained in an interview in 2017: "But I don't know as the climate kept on getting more heated politically, I found lyrically everything was just directed towards that. Because of that the sound just got really updated and I felt like it was more wanting to talk to the younger side of the audience that I have. I guess it's a little more socially aware. It has kind of a global feeling"

2.gif

Just now, Embach said:

No, it's a myth. She has explained it herself. It was all because of the results of the 2016 Elections, when Trump won. She started leaning towards political soundscape, she explained in an interview in 2017: "But I don't know as the climate kept on getting more heated politically, I found lyrically everything was just directed towards that. Because of that the sound just got really updated and I felt like it was more wanting to talk to the younger side of the audience that I have. I guess it's a little more socially aware. It has kind of a global feeling"

Well yes this is true but lana wrote the political songs before bar leaked, and some lfl songs were finished after bar leaked, and since bar already had a music video and seemed to be ready to be released as a single, i believe some of the original lfl was scrapped after bar (one of the singles) leaked. But who knows :daydream: nothing has really been confirmed aside from the political songs being written before bar, and bar leaking before some of the songs on the final lfl were finished

1 minute ago, Zodiac Dancer said:

Well yes this is true but lana wrote the political songs before bar leaked, and some lfl songs were finished after bar leaked, and since bar already had a music video and seemed to be ready to be released as a single, i believe some of the original lfl was scrapped after bar (one of the singles) leaked. But who knows :daydream: nothing has really been confirmed aside from the political songs being written before bar, and bar leaking before some of the songs on the final lfl were finished

I don't think she scrapped the "album" itself because majority of the songs were recorded before the TNBAR demo leaked. The only side factors besides the elections and Trump were her sessions with The Last Shadow Puppets and her break-up with G-Eazy.

2.gif

3 minutes ago, Embach said:

I don't think she scrapped the "album" itself because majority of the songs were recorded before the TNBAR demo leaked. The only side factors besides the elections and Trump were her sessions with The Last Shadow Puppets and her break-up with G-Eazy.

I agree that the whole original album wasn’t scrapped but id say around 5-ish songs were cut :daydream: Since cherry, white mustang, in my feelings, coachella, and change weren’t recorded till after february 2017 (when bar leaked) 

I luv talking about this stuff lfl is such an interesting album recording process wise :party:

BoZ also wrote that one of reasons BAR was scrapped are the lyrics. he wrote something like that "She started thinking she was too harsh on Barrie"

1 minute ago, palemoonbaby said:

BoZ also wrote that one of reasons BAR was scrapped are the lyrics. he wrote something like that "She started thinking she was too harsh on Barrie"

i knew I remembered reading this somewhere but I could never find it :oprah2: also thats so sweet 

3 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

I'm 99.9% sure that the version of TNBAR that's on NFR was meant for final LFL because in 2017 she talked about how the song is about Topanga and such.

But also, am I only one who thinks that TNBAR (demo and final) was about Jonathan Wilson? :creep: Because he's a musician who was writing his next album when he was dating Lana in Summer-Fall 2016

2.gif

Just now, Embach said:

I'm 99.9% sure that the version of TNBAR that's on NFR was meant for final LFL because in 2017 she talked about how the song is about Topanga and such.

i'm thinking like that too. references of Topanga.