white gold

pretty baby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Time Online: 25d 13h 55m 3s

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

random--but I decided to start rewatching Season 4 last night and I'm getting ALL of my jush rn 

giphy.gif

• Hundred Dollar Bill, thatsomason and SilverSprings like this

#1022 OFFLINE   Harlem

Harlem

the speed star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Time Online: 106d 1h 30m 5s

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:36 AM

jesus is a biscuit

• white gold likes this

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

#1023 OFFLINE   white gold

white gold

pretty baby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

jesus is a biscuit

LET HIM

SOP

YOU

UP 

• Harlem likes this

#1024 OFFLINE   frankie

frankie

nuuskamuikkunen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA
  • Fan Since:September 2013
  • Time Online: 32d 10h 16m 42s

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

how do we feel about azealia banks working with shea on a song?

as somebody who stanned shea im not sure what to think of it

9gvvhg.gif

#1025 OFFLINE   Hundred Dollar Bill

Hundred Dollar Bill

Thunderbolt

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 4,362 posts
  • LocationMermaid Motel, FL
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Favourite LDR Song:Daytona Meth / HDB / BBM Baby
  • Time Online: 56d 1h 39m 13s

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:15 AM

random--but I decided to start rewatching Season 4 last night and I'm getting ALL of my jush rn
giphy.gif

home of the worst queen in 9 seasons
Spoiler

You shut your ugly-boat mouth!
  • white gold and SilverSprings like this

eH1mCmL.gif 14417469274.gif eH1mCmL.gif

#1026 OFFLINE   salvatore

salvatore

back to tha basics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Locationzona
  • Fan Since:valentine's day, 2013
  • Time Online: 20d 23h 34m

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:18 AM

iirc she quoted somebody who tagged her in a tweet Shea made a while back calling out and dissing Banks; and Azealia responded something along the lines of "shouldnt be surprised, this always happens. might as well take it to the roots and work with rupaul himself" as he afaik* ripped off 'the big big beat' with 'call me mother' or somethin like that. 

this is always a mess, i dont get why people still consider working with her; she's a decent artist with one of the most toxic personalities in the buisness, there's better underground female rappers or even lgbt rappers (cupcakke and others, bring them up and prosper together)

• frankie likes this

𝓲𝓶 𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱  giphy.gifP4ONX.gifgiphy.gif 𝓪𝓷 𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓼 

#1027 OFFLINE   white gold

white gold

pretty baby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

I stan Shea and Azealia so I'm fine w/ it tbh

iirc she quoted somebody who tagged her in a tweet Shea made a while back calling out and dissing Banks; and Azealia responded something along the lines of "shouldnt be surprised, this always happens. might as well take it to the roots and work with rupaul himself" as he afaik* ripped off 'the big big beat' with 'call me mother' or somethin like that. 

this is always a mess, i dont get why people still consider working with her; she's a decent artist with one of the most toxic personalities in the buisness, there's better underground female rappers or even lgbt rappers (cupcakke and others, bring them up and prosper together)

the only reason cupcakke has a fandom is because her personality is 1000x better than Azealia's. cupcakke is a terrible rapper imo. honestly idk how people tolerate her music

#1028 OFFLINE   frankie

frankie

nuuskamuikkunen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

the only reason cupcakke has a fandom is because her personality is 1000x better than Azealia's. cupcakke is a terrible rapper imo. honestly idk how people tolerate her music

i cant say cupcakke is terrible, but i kinda feel like shes internet famous for doing what trina did (on a bigger and better scale) like 10-15 years ago

i know im off topic though lol

9gvvhg.gif

#1029 OFFLINE   frankie

frankie

nuuskamuikkunen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts
  • LocationArkansas, USA

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:41 PM

in latest news, shea thinks only white people can be racist... not sure where this side of shea is coming from  :biblio:

2hd0ftf.png

• tylerandthediamonds likes this

9gvvhg.gif

#1030 OFFLINE   drewby

drewby

sleepy bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,414 posts
  • LocationAtlanta
  • Time Online: 143d 19h 1m 7s

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

in latest news, shea thinks only white people can be racist... not sure where this side of shea is coming from  :biblio:

2hd0ftf.png

I mean prejudice by minority groups against white people is often mislabeled as 'reverse racism'... read up. She technically isn't wrong

• West Coast likes this

Posted Image

#1031 OFFLINE   salvatore

salvatore

back to tha basics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Locationzona
  • Fan Since:valentine's day, 2013
  • Time Online: 20d 23h 34m

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:42 PM

2hd0ftf.png

she also called an Asian woman white just based on her profile pic, and then said (somethin along the lines of) "you dont experience racism", all the girl was tryna do was talk about (she even further explained on reddit) the hypocrisy from poc to poc racism, a black person calling an Asian a c**** is still racist, but according to some people with mindsets similar to that of Shea's at least here: Asians aren't considered POC, or even with that POC can't be racist against anyone else- just rude. Hell, I've seen many people just use POC as a substitute for black people; the girl also wanted to point out that what happens when in areas white people aren't in any social or governmental power? Is a white person in the middle east still privileged like he would be in the states? If people made remarks and harassed him by his skin or refused service because of it would that be racist? 

the same concept also works in countries like Malaysia (ill try and find her counterarguments if i can where this is better explained) in which there are two different subsets, each in their own territory the specific group holds more social and economical power; however there are switched people in which you have like a blue in red territory and vice versa, and with that they are treated differently based on their skin and features being different, is that racism? Same can be involved with the conflict of the Hutu's and Tutsi's- is that also racism? as they targeted and murdered based on genetic features? or no because they're POC.

Overall I loved Shea during the season but ever since the AB thing came up and her completely disregarding her fans, some of them personally effected by Banks' remarks and telling them its their problem not hers is messy, ignorant, and a surefire way to ruin your reputation and destroy her career. And it's not like she's one of the Social Media storms to come and blossom from S9, Farrah, Aja, Val, and Sasha have all taken those slots- Shea isn't in any position to act like some higher being. Stuff like this comes back around and hits hard. It's really turned me away from someone I felt had all the grace and commitment to her supporters and the progression of LGBT & (all)POC culture- then to see her working with a homophobic racist. even working with her was many steps back, defending Banks is breaking the staircase, and in doing this she pretty much jumps off the damn thing (obviously slightly exaggerated but its still a working metaphor)

• frankie likes this

𝓲𝓶 𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱  giphy.gifP4ONX.gifgiphy.gif 𝓪𝓷 𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓼 

#1032 OFFLINE   West Coast

West Coast

taking all my medicine to take my thoughts away

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts
  • Locationin my feelings
  • Fan Since:April 2012
  • Time Online: 279d 2h 23m 9s

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:25 AM

season 2 & 3 are so underrated

tumblr_inline_oth0iwP2iK1qc7g7w_540.gif

#1033 OFFLINE   sexwithme

sexwithme

Heroin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,989 posts
  • LocationSpace
  • Time Online: 57d 22h 1m 33s

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:25 AM

All I ever saw from this show were memes on my Instagram feed but this a WHOLE ASS SHOW like NINE WHOLE SEASONS OF DRAG RACE I'm sleep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users