Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

Her tweets are so cringe. Shouldn't have even apologised.

The fact she distorted it meant a clear message was already there when recording it

More of this PC bullshit with artists and their music, tuh

Smoke Drink Break Up cover has literally always been one of my most listened songs from her as I've said in this thread dating back 2 years... What fucking LOSER just found it on soundcloud and decided to be fake offended?  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

She goes OUT OF HER WAY in order TO censor it  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  LOSERS

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Trying to imagine what a shambles my life would have to be in in order to pretend to be angry about this for twitter clout

she said a racial slur and you're not holding her accountable? actual mess. she is a white-passing celeb. of course people are going to get upset if she says the n word. she deserves it

she said a racial slur and you're not holding her accountable? actual mess. she is a white-passing celeb. of course people are going to get upset if she says the n word. she deserves it

she didn't say it  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I'm sorry but Dua Lipa is not "white passing" take a look at her and most people will guess middle eastern.

Isn't really an issue of "white passing celeb"

My issue is here its a COVER. Covers have lyrics. If you wanna be mad at the lyrics blame the song writers

Dua went to the lengths to censor the word from the song. And you guys are STILL mad. What the fuck does she need to do? Just put the instrumental over the whole verse?

how are yall literally defending a light skinned person saying the n word

hold her accountable or you're gonna make her whole fanbase look messy honestly

Exactly white gold what is she accountable for? Just saying the n-word is far from something to be held accountable for. Let's hold most American black artists for incorporating that in their music

You're seeing this as some sort of race issue. Its not. She sang a lyric and decided to censor a word because of the connotation it has

edit: many members here will call each other "girl" and go by female pronouns even when they are male. Try saying that in Japan.

Connotations, people

Exactly white gold what is she accountable for? Just saying the n-word is far from something to be held accountable for. Let's hold most American black artists for incorporating that in their music

You're seeing this as some sort of race issue. Its not. She sang a lyric and decided to censor a word because of the connotation it has

it is a race issue??? black artists can use the n word if they want. this is the exact kind of tone deaf shit I would expect from a TS fan then i realize i'm just wasting my time arguing with sexwithme  :facepalm:  :toofunny:

it is a race issue??? black artists can use the n word if they want. this is the exact kind of tone deaf shit I would expect from a TS fan then i realize i'm just wasting my time arguing with sexwithme :facepalm: :toofunny:

Black artists can use the word if they want as much as white artists can. Tell me that Dua Lipa censoring :) in a verbatim cover is somehow less racist than black artist Jay Z calling out black people as ":)" in Story of OJ

it is a race issue??? black artists can use the n word if they want. this is the exact kind of tone deaf shit I would expect from a TS fan then i realize i'm just wasting my time arguing with sexwithme :facepalm: :toofunny:

go to bed it’s time you ape

I can't believe "light skinned people shouldnt say the n word" is a controversial opinion to have on LB lmao I guess they're called Reycists for a reason

I'm honestly not even mad at Dua--I'm just embarrassed for her. what's alarming is that some of you are so quick to defend someone using a racial slur

I can't believe "light skinned people shouldnt say the n word" is a controversial opinion to have on LB lmao I guess they're called Reycists for a reason

I'm honestly not even mad at Dua--I'm just embarrassed for her. what's alarming is that some of you are so quick to defend someone using a racial slur

Maybe its the conservative American in me that cries whenever freedom of speech is shunned because of so called "racism".

Nobody here is for racism, were just not here for the shitstorm because of verbatim lyrics. Also nobody even thinks this is racist. It goes hand in hand

Apparently if Dua was like, idk, 10% black its OK? Or is 20% better? To judge the use of a word over a ethnicity sounds more racist to me

Honestly I couldn't care if Dua was using that in the [wrong] tone or not; its her mouth and her music. There's plenty of racists out there and someone using one word is the least of my concerns.

If its so bad her using this one word let's boycott the fuck out of, ruin her career