Sitar

Lanaexposed Leak Holocaust

"When the leaks stop, are you still gonna be as involved a fan?"

I became a Lana fan after listening to Born To Die album. At that time I didn't even know about the AKA Lizzy Grant album or other unreleased songs. I know that I would still be a fan if I had never heard any of them but now that I have I can't just forget them either. There are some real treasures among them that I have already grown very fond of.

Considering future leaks I honestly think that we have had enough of them for the time being. The flood of new songs two days ago was the first time I actually felt bad listening to them. It's not that I didn't like them but there was just too much leaked stuff for a single day and it felt so wrong....

If the leaks stopped I would still be here obsessing over Lana. If they don't I can't resist the temptation to listen to them. I just hope there won't be so many of them at once.

I've never understood why people think this or any forum needs to be constantly active.

Yeah, I think being a repository of accurate information and a place for intelligent discussion is most important.

Do any of you ever feel that there's an oversaturation of Lana Del Rey? Or is that just an inevitable feeling to have when coming to a forum of any artist?

I think we as a fanbase are oversaturated, but I don't think the public at large has seen enough of what Ms. Grant is capable of.

I was thinking today how a forum is probably one of the most troubling things for an obsessive person to have in their life. It just fosters obsessive and habitual behavior.

I was also thinking earlier about fanaticism.

I desperately wish i didn't have this completist mentality with artists that i'm into.

I want to appreciate what we already have and spend time with the stuff, rather than constantly desiring more just to fulfill a curiosity/obsession.

Yes, forums naturally attract obsessive types who merely reinforce each other's obsessive behaviors.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

For a long time i had -just- the BtD album, and i played it on repeat at an 8 hour work day, and gamed for hours with it on the background. There's no way I'd get bored of her because the pace of new material slowed. There are plenty of things that an artist could do to lose my fandom, but running out of tracks that weren't meant for my ears in the first place isnt one of them. I'm confident I'd still be playing just that 15 track only album now if there'd never been anything new. Because she's ruddy brilliant.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

i've come to known lana with BtD, and even though her old stuff (or leaked stuff) made me like her more on an indescribable level, sure i would still stick around and support her/talk about her if there weren't leaks.

lana to me is an exception, none of the other artist i stan for have regular stuff that's leaked, and yet i've always been there for them, i don't see how it would be different for lana.

if she were to quit the music industry completely though, that's a different story, then there's nothing i can do. but as long as she's willing to produce more, i'm here for her. :excited:

I can't center this thistumblr_lywc1eFwqG1r939eeo1_500.gif

i'd still be here because i love lana and because this forum is full of awesome, funny, intelligent people from all over who post not only about about miss del rey - sharing their found material/interviews/videos/photos/news and giving their honest opinions - but also discuss so many interesting topics and issues, and the views are so diverse and enlightening! and, of course, apart from the profound analysis and the critical thought, i appreciate the brilliant wit and the laughs :) also, in this generous community, you really can rely on the kindness of strangers! ;)

regarding if the leaks stopped, of course i'd still be a fan - i mean, i love fiona apple so much, and we get an album from her every 6 or 7 years! but i don't know if i'd be such a huge fan if we didn't have AKA and so many of the unreleased songs, tbh - her wonderful & eclectic creative output is what made me adore her and realize what a special talent she is. BTD is a great album but it doesn't display all that she is capable of musically, lyrically and vocally. i do think that all of us in some way wanted more because why did we join LDR.FM in the first place? because they teased with gifs from the "million dollar man" video! no one can deny that lured us in. of course, i never would've thought i'd meet such great people on the forum, and that - along with the promise of lost lizzy songs and videos - is what kept me there, and now here. that's one thing, because all those old songs and videos were things lizzy once shared publicly, so even if it was for a short period of time, it was out there and there were people who liked the stuff enough to save it and keep it, and now share it with others who were not as fortunate to have known about her before. it's another thing to be getting all of these more recent recordings, which obviously she did not share and that, in my humble opinion, are not really as top-notch quality as the rest of her oeuvre. so, while my curiosity can't help but want to listen, i think it can be detrimental, in a way. the quanity-over-quality deluge kind of distorts the message she may have as an artist (though i respect her criteria, i don't know if it's completely kindred to mine - she said she wasn't happy with "yayo"! - which takes me back to wanting to hear her other, less-favorite creations, because i doubt her judgment, but ultimately, you gotta trust her instincts). it would be nice if we were still in the B-side times, where the not-quite-album material gems could be published :) also, people are animals of habit and always want more more more, regardless, so they'll never be satisfied. i think we all need some space, or a sort of void, to pause and be replenished and then go back, fresh, to appreciate the things (in this case, the music) we have. at some point it WILL stop, and the real fans, those of us who enjoy her and have been truly moved by her art, will remain ♥

Guest Maru the Cat

i'd still be here because i love lana and because this forum is full of awesome, funny, intelligent people from all over who post not only about about miss del rey - sharing their found material/interviews/videos/photos/news and giving their honest opinions - but also discuss so many interesting topics and issues, and the views are so diverse and enlightening! and, of course, apart from the profound analysis and the critical thought, i appreciate the brilliant wit and the laughs :) also, in this generous community, you really can rely on the kindness of strangers! ;)

regarding if the leaks stopped, of course i'd still be a fan - i mean, i love fiona apple so much, and we get an album from her every 6 or 7 years! but i don't know if i'd be such a huge fan if we didn't have AKA and so many of the unreleased songs, tbh - her wonderful & eclectic creative output is what made me adore her and realize what a special talent she is. BTD is a great album but it doesn't display all that she is capable of musically, lyrically and vocally. i do think that all of us in some way wanted more because why did we join LDR.FM in the first place? because they teased with gifs from the "million dollar man" video! no one can deny that lured us in. of course, i never would've thought i'd meet such great people on the forum, and that - along with the promise of lost lizzy songs and videos - is what kept me there, and now here. that's one thing, because all those old songs and videos were things lizzy once shared publicly, so even if it was for a short period of time, it was out there and there were people who liked the stuff enough to save it and keep it, and now share it with others who were not as fortunate to have known about her before. it's another thing to be getting all of these more recent recordings, which obviously she did not share and that, in my humble opinion, are not really as top-notch quality as the rest of her oeuvre. so, while my curiosity can't help but want to listen, i think it can be detrimental, in a way. the quanity-over-quality deluge kind of distorts the message she may have as an artist (though i respect her criteria, i don't know if it's completely kindred to mine - she said she wasn't happy with "yayo"! - which takes me back to wanting to hear her other, less-favorite creations, because i doubt her judgment, but ultimately, you gotta trust her instincts). it would be nice if we were still in the B-side times, where the not-quite-album material gems could be published :) also, people are animals of habit and always want more more more, regardless, so they'll never be satisfied. i think we all need some space, or a sort of void, to pause and be replenished and then go back, fresh, to appreciate the things (in this case, the music) we have. at some point it WILL stop, and the real fans, those of us who enjoy her and have been truly moved by her art, will remain ♥

I just wish I could automatically "like" anything that ednafrau posts. :3 :legend:

I don't know if anyone else mentioned it before, but a snippet to a demo? versio of SK was leaked during the Holocaust.

That's news to me. Are you sure it isn't just LQ/edited? Do you have a link?