Flowerbomb

Honey Gentry

So I've heard her Moonlight EP.

1. Heaven California

2. Bleed Honey

3. Honeydew

4. Angel Honey

It's nice, but the only one that stands out to me is Angel Honey, which is very ethereal. If only it were just called Angel, because using the word Honey 3 times in a 4 track EP? Haha

The first three songs just blend in as one, and I don't really feel the need to ever listen to them again all at once. It's also a shame that her best work, in my opinion, Golden Heart and Moonbaby Magic, were not included. They could have really added more to the EP.

I like the surfy dreamy guitars in the first 3 tracks of the EP, but it just sounds like Lanas Wayamaya so much, like an extension of that. Whereas Golden Heart and Angel Honey sound more original to me. I hope her first full album is a lot more like these 2 songs.

She has such a beautiful voice and style, I just don't want to see that wasted on recycling the same lyrics with the same vibe in all her songs. Hopefully this EP was just a very specific theme and she will be more willing to branch out with future songs.

Also, now that I'm aware that Honey Gentry is actually on Lanaboards secretly, (or has friends/fans that are) I just want her to know that I'm probably just a stupid music critic (to every musician I listen , including lana) who can't keep their mouth shut. I'm always gonna keep listening, cause it's still good music. It might also be because I want to make my own music one day, so when I hear songs by my faves i can't help but be like "oooo, I would do this instead"

Like seriously

Don't take me seriously

I've been really enjoying the Moonlight EP. Really reminds me of lana demos especially Heaven, California  :flutter:

Anyone know how old she is? She looks rly young but I feel like I've gotten so bad at telling peoples age the older I get

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I've been really enjoying the Moonlight EP. Really reminds me of lana demos especially Heaven, California  :flutter:

Anyone know how old she is? She looks rly young but I feel like I've gotten so bad at telling peoples age the older I get

I'm not sure exactly her age, but my best guess is 20-24 years old. She does look very young though! 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm not sure exactly her age, but my best guess is 20-24 years old. She does look very young though! 

It's really cool to see so many young DIY/bedroom pop artists putting their music out there. The scene has been rly opening up the last 10~ years I feel very lucky to live in an era were there's so much independent music being made. Not that I don't love pop and artists on labels of course, they're just different sounds lmao idk i'll stop rambling  :toofunny:  

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

It's really cool to see so many young DIY/bedroom pop artists putting their music out there. The scene has been rly opening up the last 10~ years I feel very lucky to live in an era were there's so much independent music being made. Not that I don't love pop and artists on labels of course, they're just different sounds lmao idk i'll stop rambling  :toofunny:  

I definitely agree! I feel like bedroom artist have complete freedom to create what they want, because usually creative control takes place when they become signed to a label so tbh the music becomes less interesting. But it's nice how there's so many more artists doing DIY stuff, it's refreshing :flutter:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Her EP Dreamlover is out now. It's nice, and I love Now I Wait.

But I'm getting a bit iffy about all her song titles sounding the same.

Golden Heart (aka her best song)

Heart of Gold

Dreamlover

Daydream Baby

Bleed Honey

Honeydew

Angel Honey

I get that it's probably intentional, like they are to be played as a series, but this is getting even more predictable than Lana's song titles used to be :toofunny:

Anyway, she definitely is sticking to her style and I don't think anything will ever budge her from being her complete ideal self, which is great.