canela

Slayyyter

Please Cathy give us Ghhhosttt on Mixtape 2!!! The intro and beat on the chorus is sick it just needs built upon with more bridge and production changes a.... third time. :w8ing:

In all seriousness, after the wait between Troubled Paradise and Starfucker I cant believe shes already dropping clues for the next 'era' whatever that may be.

I doubted her at the beginning of Starfucker era that she could not pull it off and she absolutely proved everyone wrong so I trust her.

Idk I'd feel bad though if I just dropped a fantastic album and then everyone in my twitter replies was like "omg you're going back to the mixtape!"

I'm just hoping that whatever it is, rather it be reproduction of previous tracks, a deluxe version, or a "sequel" album, that its with that same artistic development as Starfucker and not because she feels like she needs to cave in to the demands of going back to the mixtape look / sound. 

8 minutes ago, slayyyngel said:

Please Cathy give us Ghhhosttt on Mixtape 2!!! The intro and beat on the chorus is sick it just needs built upon with more bridge and production changes a.... third time. :w8ing:

In all seriousness, after the wait between Troubled Paradise and Starfucker I cant believe shes already dropping clues for the next 'era' whatever that may be.

I doubted her at the beginning of Starfucker era that she could not pull it off and she absolutely proved everyone wrong so I trust her.

Idk I'd feel bad though if I just dropped a fantastic album and then everyone in my twitter replies was like "omg you're going back to the mixtape!"

I'm just hoping that whatever it is, rather it be reproduction of previous tracks, a deluxe version, or a "sequel" album, that its with that same artistic development as Starfucker and not because she feels like she needs to cave in to the demands of going back to the mixtape look / sound. 

To me it seems the remastered version of mixtape with a couple of singles that was left on the final tracklist such as Hello Kitty, I'm High and Swimming Pool. That would be great because the vocals in Devil, Ur Man, Tattoo and Touch My Body is... something... She's virgo, there's no way she wouldn't reworked all the songs...

And honestly I wouldn't mind either if she do the same with Troubled Paradise. Villain is insulting. 

with Ayesha being back it'd be great for her to rerelease the mixtape with some unreleased/new tracks and do some revisionist history and make the mixtape her debut record instead of TP:true: cause like lets be fr TP feels like more of a mixtape than Self-Titled does :oprah3: both the mixtape and STARFUCKER have such strong visions where TP is kinda all over the place (but still great!) anyway at this point I have full faith in whatever she makes next after how gaggy SF was

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Yeah, I could see that happening.

I mean, before Starfucker dropped, sometimes she would call it "S3" even though she'd reference it as "my second album" and still clarified "the mixtape" as such.

While I can agree that Troubled Paradise is "all over the place" I think its easily justified with its Hell vs Heaven theme.

It seems annoying for both her and fans side fighting the specifics of the album numbering and what is considered what.

Like she may call it a mixtape but its an extremely cohesive 14-track body of work that had music videos, CD, vinyl, and merch release. Thats an album to me even if she didn't necessarily have full creative control over the whole tracklist.

she just keeps delivering in every area and a lot of the other girls could take notes

the rollout for starfucker was genuinely good and tbh i didnt think she could pull it off... im excited for whats to come and hopefully shit will stop leaking

2 hours ago, skyptolemaea said:

i would love a remaster of her mixtape but there's 2 problems

1. the ego sample in candy, fader probably wouldnt clear it

2. robokid being credited as a writer on 98% of the mixtape

Slayyyter is an artist who is both an idol and a fan. Not in the egocentric sense in which she can't see anything but herself, but she knows exactly what pop culture lovers want to see in a pop singer. From Troubled Paradise to Starfucker, there was not only a huge musical leap, but also a huge build-up of confidence. 

What the Mixtape lacked was that confidence, not just because she recorded with a group of people new to creating music, but in her own vocal range. She seems to feel that she has something to prove and what the Mixtape can also be. 

6 minutes ago, Metaphysic said:

The whole mixtape needs to be reworked not just remastered. If Candy changes, let it be.

And about Robokid, he did something wrong? He's really talented, his beats slaps. Also he was in some TP songs so... I don't know...

i was also wondering about this, i have no idea so dont jump me, but i read somewhere that apparently the accusations against him were fake?

5 minutes ago, deathcard said:

i was also wondering about this, i have no idea so dont jump me, but i read somewhere that apparently the accusations against him were fake?

I remember it very faintly. If memory serves, he proved he hadn't done what he was accused of and decided to hide from social media. I also think he must have felt very bad because Slayyyter was on the verge of a new musical release, world tour and new partnerships and by chance she met new people who filled his position. 

PopCrave already posting about her "new era for 2024" makes me think this is going to be planned as a pretty big release for her.

As for robokid, he completely vanished off the internet after the accusations which doesn't exactly read as "innocent". He either changed his alias and still works in the industry behind the scenes or hes just gone-gone. Either way she clearly has a current production team that works for her as Starfucker and James Dean production is amazing.

But quite frankly if she doesn't care about Ayesha's controversies to work with her again then at that point do people really care about robokid credit considering he is literally non-existent now. I do wonder if she will have to navigate addressing working with Ayesha again IF she does.

I dont know exactly how music crediting works but, say they remaster the mixtape, can she just pull a "well legally we had to credit robokid but he didnt work on the remaster"

2 minutes ago, slayyyngel said:

PopCrave already posting about her "new era for 2024" makes me think this is going to be planned as a pretty big release for her.

As for robokid, he completely vanished off the internet after the accusations which doesn't exactly read as "innocent". He either changed his alias and still works in the industry behind the scenes or hes just gone-gone. Either way she clearly has a current production team that works for her as Starfucker and James Dean production is amazing.

But quite frankly if she doesn't care about Ayesha's controversies to work with her again then at that point do people really care about robokid credit considering he is literally non-existent now. I do wonder if she will have to navigate addressing working with Ayesha again IF she does.

I dont know exactly how music crediting works but, say they remaster the mixtape, can she just pull a "well legally we had to credit robokid but he didnt work on the remaster"

I hope you're right, it's past time for the big eyes of the industry to see Slayyyter's potential and what it can do. It's strange when I put our girl next to the others who have great help and don't have the hunger that Slayyyter has. Not to mention how they plasticize the dolls, which wouldn't be a problem for Slayyyter to double her breasts and make an hourglass waist. 

About Robokid, that's the thing, during Slayyyter's time and their appearance on Eletronica, they made great demos, not only Sunshine, but Talk To Me/Cream, among others... Nothing prevents her from buying the rights to the songs and taking what they created together from him, because by logic, if she participated, she wouldn't have his direct involvement like others who sign contracts and let those accused of harassment sign their songs. 

In my opinion, I don't care about Ayesha. No shade but Ayesha is limited. I'm not going to get into a big argument about it, she's good at what she does but she only fits into one type of music. Which isn't a bad thing, but I don't think that, at the moment, it matches what Slayyyter in 2024 might want. 

1 minute ago, rancidgirl said:

the troubled paradise hate.. it’s her best

Not me using you guys to vent big feelings and thoughts about Slayyyter. A lot of the time I try to talk to my friends on Discord but they don't care as much as some of you for debate. So forgive me for the long texts...

Do you also feel that Troubled Paradise seems like a collection of singles? When she was talking during the pandemic in April 2020, when she was doing Instagram lives cooking salmon and sometimes having a few drinks, what she described about Troubled Paradise was totally different from what I personally envisioned it to be. When she mentioned reading Dante's Inferno, how she became interested in the journey of going to hell, understanding the sins, choosing who to save and how that influenced the writing, I even thought the aesthetic would serve something like Feed the Beast delivered. I don't know if the idea of using the album cover as a reference to her childhood was what she was thinking (literally a photo of the setting used in Clouds) but I was perhaps expecting something more medieval or Victorian. 

imagine a mixtape two but if she didn’t release starfucker and troubled paradise.. i imagine it would look like this

i love hollywood!

venom

throatzillaaa

dog house

butterflies

memories of you

clouds

erotic electronic

purrr

plastic

james dean

over this!

villian

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

6 minutes ago, Metaphysic said:

In my opinion, I don't care about Ayesha. No shade but Ayesha is limited. I'm not going to get into a big argument about it, she's good at what she does but she only fits into one type of music. Which isn't a bad thing, but I don't think that, at the moment, it matches what Slayyyter in 2024 might want. 

You're not wrong about Ayesha at all, we will see how her upcoming album turns out... as it seems like she has absolutely no clue how to keep her career secure for even a week.

But its undeniable that if the two of them collabed again there is big chance it would gain traction, potentially go viral on tiktok, etc. I know she does not necessarily chase that as a goal and finds it to be distasteful but Ayesha just trends effortlessly without trying and I could see it being really beneficial in promoting S4.

2 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

imagine a mixtape two but if she didn’t release starfucker and troubled paradise.. i imagine it would look like this

If Mixtape 2 was the immediate release after Mixtape 1, I don't think really any tracks from Starfucker besides plastic would be on it. Doghouse, Serial Killer, and Plastic are really the only tracks we can confirm were made during S1 recordings in some capacity (that im aware). And I think unreleased tracks like Rainbow Road, Dangerous, Heaven, Difficult, Swimming Pool etc. would be on it.

If Mixtape 2 happened right after the first I don't think she would have learned the lessons of Troubled Paradise to prepare such a well constructed vision as Starfucker to end up with those songs. But I could definitely see Self Destruct, Throatzilla, Venom, and possibly Villain on this hypothetical tracklist.

13 minutes ago, Metaphysic said:

Do you also feel that Troubled Paradise seems like a collection of singles? When she was talking during the pandemic in April 2020, when she was doing Instagram lives cooking salmon and sometimes having a few drinks, what she described about Troubled Paradise was totally different from what I personally envisioned it to be.

I had just got into Slayyyter a little bit before Self Destruct released as the first single and I thought at first it was so shockingly different than the mixtape I was currently obsessed with (later end up loving that song btw). And I wasn't a super fan always watching her lives or getting into the discords/didn't know this forum existed. So I didn't see ANY discussion of her anywhere at the time, it was just me checking on her official socials every now and then. So I had no idea Troubled Paradise was talked about like that. But I do think its release was interesting. It seemed like she was torn fighting the hyperpop allegations, while also trying to stay afloat in the covid electronic music scene online (which was hyperpop...), trying to put out so many music videos and singles to keep people's attention, all while ignoring how everything leaked?? Throatzilla and Troubled Paradise I was obsessed with. But then I remember feeling like it was so weird that Over This and Cowboys were released as singles and how different they were from the previous singles and each other. (Did Cowboys REALLY need a music video...?) I thought the cover was really weird too and preferred the Troubled Paradise single cover so much more. So I guess to make a long story short I wasn't super into the development of the album like I was Starfucker but it definitely came across as a weird release at the time. It didn't stop me from streaming the fuuuuuck out of the album though. I still loved it. I dont think I could imagine a full-on medieval Feed The Beast style visuals for it. Maybe with the type and graphic design elements looking Victorian but not with Slayyyter herself and the outfits. I think the Self Destruct Devil vs Clouds Angel contrast, magical aesthetic works for what I perceived as the theme at the time. I will say though that color-coding the singles artworks in singular rainbow colors and then having a rainbow in the full album cover was cool.

As much as I'd love a retake of Slayyyter for production purposes, I think she's focused on building on it. I feel like she's going to be doing a lot in 2024 and she can't look back now.

BzhmW.png