ilovetati

NFR Metacritic/Review Thread

I'm nervous that the Pitchfork review is going to be a letdown after all of the staff hype. There's going to be some biased editor who chooses to bring the score down from what the reviewer chose.  :noparty:

when do you think they will post the review? is it normal that it takes this long  :excited:

About the Guardian review: I'm sending an e-mail claiming the review was highly mysoginist and the guy's judgment was clouded by his own bias regarding Lana's history with the publication, and I encourage y'all to do the same. The email is editorial@metacritic.com

See, this is where your bias as a fan comes in. It's totally possible to not be in love with this album, and the author of the review gave Lana credit where it was due. I don't see how he was outwardly mysogonyistic toward her to the point where it influenced his review unfairly.

He's right, really. Lyrically Lana is not changing or evolving, and her writing lacks the depth and level of construction to stand on its own merit for this long.

They responded to you and not to all of the people writing about the Guardian bias and the blatantly incorrect NYT score?  :noparty:

lmao I thought they wouldn't answer me until monday but wow I was ignored  :noparty:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

See, this is where your bias as a fan comes in. It's totally possible to not be in love with this album, and the author of the review gave Lana credit where it was due. I don't see where he was outwardly mysogonyistic toward Lana to the point where it influenced the review.

He's righ, really. Lyrically Lana is not changing or evolving, and her writing lacks the depth and level of construction to stand on its own merit.

Alexis created an account to defend himself, I see.  :teehee:

Lana has created her own sonic world and most critics seem able to understand how she has expanded her lyrical perspective outward while remaining true to her aesthetic. And yes, there are a lot of misogynist undertones when describing her appearance and 2012 conspiracy theories about her upbringing as primary criticisms of a 2019 LP.   

See, this is where your bias as a fan comes in. It's totally possible to not be in love with this album, and the author of the review gave Lana credit where it was due. I don't see how he was outwardly mysogonyistic toward her to the point where it influenced his review unfairly.

He's righ, really. Lyrically Lana is not changing or evolving, and her writing lacks the depth and level of construction to stand on its own merit for this long.

Oh wow you literally created an account just to say that you agree with Mr. Alexis misogynistic attitude towards not only Lana but female artists in general? Be gone thot yCxfzvd.gif

They responded to you and not to all of the people writing about the Guardian bias and the blatantly incorrect NYT score?  :noparty:

I imagine they'd need a big incentive to mess with those, like a lot of pressure from the fans. In any case i'll try to bring those up with the guy who replied to me and then write to them with a different address if he ignores me

I really don't care to be called a thot by someone using mysogony as an excuse to entirely discredit a review because it's somewhat critical.

I think it's terribly unfortunate that Lana's last albums have received uniform praise. There's a lot of criticisms to be made and reviewers are either too scared to be objective or they're being bought out. NFR is a so-so album, and we need people who agree to express that.

I really don't care to be called a thot by someone using mysogony as an excuse to entirely discredit a review because it's somewhat critical.

I think it's terribly unfortunate that Lana's last albums have received uniform praise. There's a lot of criticisms to be made and reviewers are either too scared to be objective or they're being bought out. NFR is a so-so album, and we need people who agree to express that.

shut up who gives a fuck? people like the album get over yourself

That's the actual opposite of what has happened with Lana reviews over the years  :lmao:

The album is being hailed as a masterpiece and you can't handle it. Just admit it to yourself and stop wasting your time - which you seem to have an excess of - creating throwaway accounts on a Lana fan forum. 

That's the actual opposite of what has happened with Lana reviews over the years  :lmao:

Has it? Born to Die brought about a genuine level of discourse. Call mysogony all you want but Lana's music was picked apart in every way possible, good and bad. A good artist warrants that level of discussion.

Since then? Honeymoon and Lust for Life received this all around recieved lackluster praise that felt like it was expected of the authors.

Sorry, it just pisses me off that some fans cannot stray from the dogma...

@ilovetati

This isn't a throwaway account. And you're a goof.

Oh fuck off.

https://variety.com/2019/music/reviews/album-review-lana-del-reys-norman-f-ing-rockwell-1203319612/#article-comments

More of a summary than a review (or a think-piece about Tarantino/Lana), so I'm not sure what the score will be. I can only guess about 70 (or maybe 80 if they're generous).

I wouldn't be surprised if metacritic considers this a 60 :rip: but hoping for an 80!