ilovetati

NFR Metacritic/Review Thread

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/09/album-review-lana-del-rey-norman-rockwell/

91 from Consequence of Sound! The highest they've given her since UV (100)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS I WAS LOOKING FORWARD FOR THEIR REVIEW

and their review also counts a lot on metacritic

the acclaim  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

All of the critics and their love for hope is a dangerous thing....

LanaBoards, time to put on our collective clown suits

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

All of the critics and their love for hope is a dangerous thing....

LanaBoards, time to put on our collective clown suits

Loving the acclaim but still find Hope hideous  :crossed:

90/100 on MC incoming

Observer grade below average, so 80 from them shouldn't move the score much, CoS will bump up for sure, but Variety may lower things a few points. Don't know where it will end up after these three?

A lot depends on whether or not Pitchfork give her BNM and an 8.8+.

https://variety.com/2019/music/reviews/album-review-lana-del-reys-norman-f-ing-rockwell-1203319612/#article-comments

More of a summary than a review (or a think-piece about Tarantino/Lana), so I'm not sure what the score will be. I can only guess about 70 (or maybe 80 if they're generous).

My comment that didn’t make it past moderation :creep: :

This is a poor review. The writer dutifully describes the general sound of the record and touches upon Del Rey's public persona, but unfortunately fails to stand back and critically appraise the album as a body of work.

Where he does make statements of opinion, they are often unsubstantiated and miss the mark. Where are the 'jarringly explicit lyrics about sex and violence'? Are they particularly explicit when compared to what is considered the norm in pop music today? Why are they jarring - do they stick out like a sore thumb from the songs in which they reside, or is it perhaps because the artist is a woman?

Why do the final three songs drag down its overall score? Is it merely because they are slow piano ballads? Why hasn't the critic deigned to mention the final track (arguably the emotional centrepiece of the record) at all, but has managed to shoehorn in clumsy comparisons to Quentin Tarantino in four out of eight paragraphs?

The final paragraph sums up what is wrong with the review: the reader is left in the dark as to whether Mr Aswad thinks that the record is a good album or a bad album - only that it is a Lana Del Rey album.

edit: I might email metacritic to ask them to not count it since it’s so poorly written

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Northern Transmissions gave it 90/100 but they don't count on MC I believe

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Spin, Paste, NYT and Drowned in Sound usually give her good scores, Sputnik will probably give her a good one too if we take that other review in consideration. Pitchfork, Consequence of Sound, tiny mixtapes and AV Club are tough ones but I'm confident about pitchfork's review because the woman who's writing it said a lot of positive things about NFR on her twitter. Anyway let's wait, I still think the album could end up with a +85 score.

Still waiting for Spin, Paste, NYT, DIS and Pitchfork  :hooker:

Sputnik was a major letdown and I think AV Club won't be nice either  :facepalm:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/09/album-review-lana-del-rey-norman-rockwell/

91 from Consequence of Sound! The highest they've given her since UV (100)

Essential Tracks: “Normal fucking Rockwell”, “Mariners Apartment Complex”; “The greatest”; “hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have…but I have it”

Nice!

What if Anna Gaca was given the NFR review? :rip:

Don't jinx it sis, Miss Meaghan will write a rave review mbK53xg.gif

(but seriously if Meaghan really writes the article it will be amazing she's been praising the album on twitter non stop since friday lmao)

Don't jinx it sis, Miss Meaghan will write a rave review mbK53xg.gif

(but seriously if Meaghan really writes the article it will be amazing she's been praising the album on twitter non stop since friday lmao)

She said she wasn’t on Twitter, sadly.