Hundred Dollar Bill

Vote for Your LEAST Favorite Song on Paradise!

228 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite song on Paradise?

• Ride
    • American
    • Cola
    • Body Electric
    • Blue Velvet
    • Gods & Monsters
    • Yayo
    • Bel Air
    • Burning Desire

Blue Velvet, by far. I don't feel bad not liking it, she didn't write it.

Why does that matter though? Her cover is a lot more orchestral than some of the older versions and in my opinion she's really put her own spin on it. Not trying to be rude, I just don't really see how it being a cover should impact ones judgement.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

It was a tough choice between Yayo and Body Electric.

I probably would have liked Yayo more if I hadn't have heard the AKA version... I think they've ruined it on the Paradise Edition :P (it's still good though)

I think I'm gonna choose Body Electric though. I hate the production(?) it's just too much... if only it sounded more like the live version sigh

After a lot more listens I've totally changed my opinions on these songs.

They definitely have not 'ruined' Yayo. I think it's really beautiful.

Also, the production(?) of Body Electric isn't as bad as I originally thought. I really quite like it now! Still not as good as the live version though :teehee:

I'm changing my vote to Blue Velvet... it's a lovely song and everything, but it's just a tad boring and I'd be a bit embarrassed playing it out loud for some reason haha

20r46kx.jpg

Why does that matter though? Her cover is a lot more orchestral than some of the older versions and in my opinion she's really put her own spin on it. Not trying to be rude, I just don't really see how it being a cover should impact ones judgement.

I see your point, I agree with that! I know what you mean about it being a cover, I just meant regardless of that it's a cover i dont like it :s

Worst Lana song evuurr.

Are you serious? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Maybe it's not the best, but if you're putting songs like Dark Paradise, Big Bad Wolf, Jump, etc. ahead of YAYO, you have serious hearing issues. <____<

14417469274.gif

Yayo simply because the old version is 100 times better and the new version killed the song.

I cant even listen to it with out skipping it, why did she have to go take something so brilliant and raw and make it so ....... :facepalm:

Are you serious? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Maybe it's not the best, but if you're putting songs like Dark Paradise, Big Bad Wolf, Jump, etc. ahead of YAYO, you have serious hearing issues. <____<

Oh, I forgot about Jump..

But it's down there with Yayo. :teehee:

Awww, let's leave Jumpsus out of this :defeated:

Yayo simply because the old version is 100 times better and the new version killed the song.

I cant even listen to it with out skipping it, why did she have to go take something so brilliant and raw and make it so ....... :facepalm:

However we choose to define the quality of being "raw" as it relates to music, i think most people would argue that the new Yayo fits this description more so than the AKA recording, no?

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Yayo - 25

3TDJX.png

I can only assume this is some kind of practical joke.

They're either deaf or ignorant. I'm STILL seeing people say "I hate the new Yayo because I prefer the old version," ugh omg that is the stupidest bullshit I've ever heard. So ignorant. That's like saying, "I don't like this pizza because the pizza I had last week tasted a bit better."

14417469274.gif

They're either deaf or ignorant. I'm STILL seeing people say "I hate the new Yayo because I prefer the old version," ugh omg that is the stupidest bullshit I've ever heard. So ignorant. That's like saying, "I don't like this pizza because the pizza I had last week tasted a bit better."

I love all versions of Yayo, because I love Yayo as a song. I just keep mental power rankings of which I like more. I'm gonna fly with yo pizza analogy, I like food analogies. This is how I see it: I love pepperoni pizza. It's my favourite pizza topping. Obviously there are shops who make pepperoni pizza that I enjoy more because they do it slightly differently, but if you offer me pepperoni pizza I am going to enjoy it a lot regardless because there is no bad pepperoni pizza, it's all good.

I feel like this is one of those things that makes more sense in my head and you're gonna read it and be like idk what you're saying but it's 2am so deal w/ it.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg