Sign in to follow this  
takeitdoen

Vitamin String Quartet to cover Lana

91915078_10158126387424771_6271000827410

As per their announcement, Vitamin String Quartet will be covering Lana, and are releasing a music video and single on Friday: https://www.facebook.com/vitaminstringquartet/posts/10158126387419771:0

Hopefully they cover a whole album's worth - for those not aware, VSQ covers major bands and artists with around 10 - 14 songs per album. They've previously covered some of Lana's hits including Summertime Sadness + Young and Beautiful. 

I hope they re-do Video Games since it sounds like they did that when they still produced shitty synthesised albums. Lately it's been done with all real instruments so fingers crossed for a beautiful album! 

3lfQEhw.png

Songs I think are contenders:

• Born to Die
  • Dark Paradise
  • National Anthem
  • Video Games (if covered again)
  • Radio
  • Summertime Sadness (if covered again)
  • Ride
  • Body Electric

• Ultraviolence
  • Brooklyn Baby
  • Shades of Cool
  • West Coast

• Terrance Loves You
  • Music to Watch Boys To
  • Salvatore

• Love
  • Lust for Life
  • White Mustang
  • Heroin

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
  • Venice Bitch
  • Mariner's Apartment Complex
  • Love Song
  • The Next Best American Record

I'm so excited, I've always wanted her to do special orchestral shows like Björk or Carly Rae Jepsen. Can't wait for the fan edits :creep:

omg YES. If we can't get our own orchestral Lana hopefully we'll have some great edits.

3lfQEhw.png

I'm so excited, I've always wanted her to do special orchestral shows like Björk or Carly Rae Jepsen. Can't wait for the fan edits :creep:

I would be happy if she just bring back the string 'quartet' from the ??Paradise tour. An orchestral show would be amazing but we know that it most likely will never happen....

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Great News ! Very cool.  I wish them the best!

Even tho I am a Rock-N-Roll fan, I do have in my music collection a vast amount of 

recordings made by Symphonies or Quartet renditions of many rock songs.

Its very interersting (to me) to hear another side of the music , as if it was being played by Mozart

or Beethoven  :)  

-

The official tracklsit

SIDE A

1. Blue Jeans 2. Video Games 3. Love 4. High by the Beach 5. Lust for Life 6. Mariners Apartment Complex

SIDE B

1. Ride 2. Ultraviolence 3. West Coast 4. Brooklyn Baby 5. Summertime Sadness 6. Young and Beautiful

8nl2OpX.png

I didn't knew that another quartet covered Lana back in 2016, Midnite String Quartet, their album cover is on Spotify their MTWBT rendition is amazing

Too bad the instruments aren't actually real. I think lots of patches have become quite good but I just can't handle synthesised strings like this . . ! 

3lfQEhw.png

Just gave it a listen and it's okay. VSQ's best record is definitely still their cover of Viva La Vida, but this has some nice moments. The arrangement is too stuck with trying to emulate the vocal lines and it doesn't really utilise the really good harmonies that the strings already have written in (Ride, Ultraviolence). It's cute though, glad to have it.

3lfQEhw.png