electra

Lana Del Rey - Collector's Guide

Lana Del Rey - Collector's Guide

Discography: Unreleased // Merchandise: Version 1.0 // Magazines: Unreleased

Summary: So, over the past few years I've been compiling excel spreadsheets of Lana Del Rey merch, but my last computer is busted so I lost my original spreads. Over the course of the quarantine I'm making spreadsheets again and these one's and bigger and better than ever! So I'm sharing it with everyone so that people who want to get into collecting can. Also, completely this for Lanaboards took, like, an entire day. I know this version isn't perfect as well - I'm going to have to go back over a lot of things and check up stuff, but this will do for now.

For those of you who don't know me: I'm your resident LDR collector and only regular contributor and attention whore of the Your Lana Collection thread. Bar potentially @Elle, I probably have one of the biggest/most complete collections of official Lana items. For thing's I've liked, I've always liked collecting, but Lana is the thing in my life that's the biggest long stay (nine years this year!) I've only become a serious collector over the past four years (i.e. around the time I began earning my own money as an adult).

I'm a video game developer in real life - so I think I have a slightly "completionist" attitude towards collecting. This is why I think my collection has gotten so big. I've had all kind of name calling and people coming for me in the past because a lot of people think it's weird, which is fine. Vice versa, I find it weird when people don't collect things as I find it such as satisfying hobby, but the kind of person that really likes to be knowledgeable about the things that I love. When I was a teenager I used to a daily contributor to a lot of fandom wiki's (although I wasn't a contributor to the LDR wiki, I know you've probably all used it a because I just find that, too, incredibly satisfying. Because of that, I'm also incredibly knowledgeable about LDR merchandise, specifically.

So, I decided to make my spreadsheets public for other people to use. I want to make a few points before I post it.

• I'm currently only posting the merchandise spreadsheet. This will not include discography items (CD's, vinyls, boxset's) or magazines. These are two separate spreadsheets that will be posted at later dates because these will be a lot longer than people presume they are. It would be ridiculous trying to make these all one big spreadsheet and you're going to see why when you open it.
  • This only contains officially released merchandise. This spreadsheet will not include random promotional posters for individual gigs or album release posters because this is literally impossible to track accurately. Posters/ flyers etc. given to fans for events and such will be included. Ticket stubs will not be included. Fan made items will not be included
  • Descriptions will be given to the best of my efforts. My descriptions are from what I understand of the products, either from owning them or through photographs. I will also include information of common forgeries on some items that have forgeries. If you believe you have a more accurate way of describing items, please tell me.
  • Not all of image renders are official. Please note that some of these items were never for sale online, so never had official renders (for example, VIP merchandise). So, using my crafty photoshop skills I created some fake renders. These are not official but are there to guide people visually. I've put some examples of fake renders below** - please take some of these with a grain of salt as they won't be 100% accurate. All items that have I have created fake renders, to my knowledge, do not have forgeries.
  • These spreadsheet will be updated. I'm not fully sure of how regularly I want to do this. During new release cycles, I may not update for some time as new items are constantly being released. If little things have been missed, please these updates will come under something like Version 1.0 > Version 1.1 and I'll be sure to leave an update in the replies of what has specifically been added and where it has been added to. I may also update the sheet adding new information and such but for now I feel this is sufficient - if you think I should add a piece of info please just say.
  • If I have forgotten anything, obviously, tell me. Even if you think  "oh, that probably wouldn't be included on this list, I won't bug her" - just tell me on the off chance that I would.
  • Questions? If anything you've seen on the spreadsheet that peaks your curiosity, please ask away in the replies! I would prefer replies over DM's in order to make sure people have information as publicly available as possible.

Discography Spreadsheet:

Unavailable

Merchandise Spreadsheet:

Version 1.0 -  Available Here

Magazine Spreadsheet:

Unavailable

I have also provided you all with an example spreadsheet that has all of my own collection already put into it. I couldn't be bothered doing my pricing information (because I would obviously have to go back into my entire purchasing history and I just cannot be bothered with that so late this evening). If I finish it and go over it though, I'll be sure to replace the file.

Thanks guys!

** For those interested in some examples of some of the fake renders I created, here are a few examples. They are not all of perfect quality but are designed to be as accurate as I could make them - limitations provided **

FSSiUil.png

Also, I genuinely think I actually did a good job of some of these  :creep:

This might be like a weird comment but. Imagine her team collaborated w u on future merch bc what u have. That or u could b contacted for a future Lana exhibit who knows 

girl! i love a little bit of graphic design, i would love to do that as a job!

i think her most well put together merch as a collection was the Surf Shop. Awesome vibes and designs - really felt so fitting and fun to the album. Pain in the ass to collect though, as you can see :)

For the one millionth time of me repeating this, the ~ dream ~ would be to open a small Cafe / Museum something to the effect of the Ramones Museum I visited while I was in Berlin. Maybe on Venice Beach or something. Put it all on display there so maybe everyone can see it and appreciate it. I think it would be a really fun idea, maybe something crowdfunded in a couple of years (not that LDR related crowdfunds have ever gone particularly right, but...).

girl! i love a little bit of graphic design, i would love to do that as a job!

i think her most well put together merch as a collection was the Surf Shop. Awesome vibes and designs - really felt so fitting and fun to the album. Pain in the ass to collect though, as you can see :)

For the one millionth time of me repeating this, the ~ dream ~ would be to open a small Cafe / Museum something to the effect of the Ramones Museum I visited while I was in Berlin. Maybe on Venice Beach or something. Put it all on display there so maybe everyone can see it and appreciate it. I think it would be a really fun idea, maybe something crowdfunded in a couple of years (not that LDR related crowdfunds have ever gone particularly right, but...).

Ur basically already sorta doin part of that so I hope u get noticed..

and Ohmygooodddddd nooo don't get me excited I would facking visiiiiiit whattttttt. and that's not even like. that's- what WHAT consider me a customer like W H A T. It's time's like these where I wish Lana had more enthusiastic managementtt 

I think so too.. I loved how easy it was to access, and the pop up shop was a nice touch. Wish she expanded more on it... 

I'd say keep up the great work but like we already know u've been. 

OHMYGOD A FUCKING CAFE LIKE- WHAT CAN U OHMYGOD SOMEBODY MAKE THIS HAPPEN

UV/Honeymoon

A café with Lana songs in the speakers and powdered sugar on top of every dessert :legend:

Can u imagine the SODA POP FLOATS. 

I wonder how it'll be curated etc. I miss Cola.mp3 ngl 

Do u think UV snacks'll have some kind of spice? Would Paradise b considered savory. Honeymoon'd probably have the sweetest snacks 

UV/Honeymoon

Can u imagine the SODA POP FLOATS.

I wonder how it'll be curated etc. I miss Cola.mp3 ngl

Do u think UV snacks'll have some kind of spice? Would Paradise b considered savory. Honeymoon'd probably have the sweetest snacks

I’d love to discuss but I think we’d clog the thread with off topic posts :defeated:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Ur basically already sorta doin part of that so I hope u get noticed..

and Ohmygooodddddd nooo don't get me excited I would facking visiiiiiit whattttttt. and that's not even like. that's- what WHAT consider me a customer like W H A T. It's time's like these where I wish Lana had more enthusiastic managementtt 

I think so too.. I loved how easy it was to access, and the pop up shop was a nice touch. Wish she expanded more on it... 

I'd say keep up the great work but like we already know u've been. 

OHMYGOD A FUCKING CAFE LIKE- WHAT CAN U OHMYGOD SOMEBODY MAKE THIS HAPPEN

Thanks so much! I appreciate the positivity.

So I'm a game developer, and I'll probably be that for the rest of my life, but if i were to create some kind of exhibition space for the Lana stuff it would definitely be a self-sufficient, not-for-profit kind of thing. The dream (which you can OBVIOUSLY tell I've been thinking about_) is:

• A small cafe with a small museum space at the back.
  • Preferably on Venice Beach, or somewhere in California (worse case scenario a major city closer to me, like London).
  • Have a small stage in the cafe area, maybe with a wall of roses similar to her pop-up shop a few years ago and a neon sign.
  • Maybe a wall where people can leave messages or we can hang people's selfies with Lana (in the Ramones Museum, they have a wall bands can sign when they visit).
  • Drinks and snacks that are LDR themed.
  • Potentially some magazine's she's covered being available to read (the less rare ones!)
  • And most importantly, completely self-sufficient, meaning I wouldn't make any money off of it - or anything I did would go straight back to the Cafe.

It's just something I would like to...exist. I think it would be nice having a place for LDR fans. I don't know how feasible that is, but who knows! Something has to happen to the collection eventually,

So I'm a game developer, and I'll probably be that for the rest of my life, but if i were to create some kind of exhibition space for the Lana stuff it would definitely be a self-sufficient, not-for-profit kind of thing. The dream (which you can OBVIOUSLY tell I've been thinking about_) is:

• Preferably on Venice Beach, or somewhere in California (worse case scenario a major city closer to me, like London).
  • Have a small stage in the cafe area, maybe with a wall of roses similar to her pop-up shop a few years ago and a neon sign.
  • Maybe a wall where people can leave messages or we can hang people's selfies with Lana (in the Ramones Museum, they have a wall bands can sign when they visit).
  • Potentially some magazine's she's covered being available to read (the less rare ones!)
  • And most importantly, completely self-sufficient, meaning I wouldn't make any money off of it - or anything I did would go straight back to the Cafe.

It's just something I would like to...exist. I think it would be nice having a place for LDR fans. I don't know how feasible that is, but who knows! Something has to happen to the collection eventually,

first thing i thought was a drink, like a coffee, called Blue Velvet

negAbhB.png

@@Ben Mawson this would b a DREAM. and mm yeah! 

I love visiting museums in my city, and maybe it might be a stretch, but imagine an exhibit with a ur cafe attached to it like jeeez what do we need to do to get that to happen.... I love love LOVE all of those ideas, n being self-sufficient that's real good of ya 

and girl. same. just- same. 

first thing i thought was a drink, like a coffee, called Blue Velvet

+1 

I’d love to discuss but I think we’d clog the thread with off topic posts :defeated:

I'm honestly so tempted to get a cafe/menu/flavors thread goin. Maybe in a bit. @@RormanNockwell I know ur love of lemons, maybe u can participate too? but mm yeah Imma cut that convo short on here op op 

UV/Honeymoon

START THE THREAD, PLEASE!! :defeated: @Neptune

Wait, Electra has already made one :toofunny:

I was honestly just gonna say I made one. and then- hahahahahahahahahaha!! 

The other's more food based if anything. Swear, catering a menu already  :toofunny:  BEEEEEEEEEEEENN  :deadbanana: 

oh wait: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/11483-lanas-music-as-flavors/ :hoe:  :omfg:

UV/Honeymoon

:rip: this just made me realize how little merchandise i actually have

thank uuuu for the spreadsheet, there were some shirts or other merch items i have no idea were real or even existed

really gotta try to find some of thar BTD/Paradise era stuff, thats a huge blind spot for me cuz i only started stanning in 2015

image.png

:rip: this just made me realize how little merchandise i actually have

thank uuuu for the spreadsheet, there were some shirts or other merch items i have no idea were real or even existed

really gotta try to find some of thar BTD/Paradise era stuff, thats a huge blind spot for me cuz i only started stanning in 2015

i think in future versions i’m going to include my merchandise reference folder and a couple of other extras. i have a folder for my own reference of old archival photos of merch stands, old website screenshots and other things that have the product info on them. i might just put the folder there for download so people can also reference them. it’s what i used for price guides, although some prices are inconsistent or unreadable from some of the photos :/

i think in future versions i’m going to include my merchandise reference folder and a couple of other extras. i have a folder for my own reference of old archival photos of merch stands, old website screenshots and other things that have the product info on them. i might just put the folder there for download so people can also reference them. it’s what i used for price guides, although some prices are inconsistent or unreadable from some of the photos :/

omg yesss i love pics from her merch stands and itd be rly itneresting to see how her web shop evolved over the years

when are u gonna open that cafe  :creep:

image.png

omg yesss i love pics from her merch stands and itd be rly itneresting to see how her web shop evolved over the years

when are u gonna open that cafe  :creep:

game plan >

finish uni

work in industry

hopefully work in california industry

hopefully save up enough money for a cafe :(

a lot of the time i use wayback archives but it’s actually surprisingly difficult to find some of lanas old online stores