Sign in to follow this  
Doja Cat

Miquela

this girl is made by white cis men by appropriating black and latinx culture. i'm disgusted

yes, we even cancel fake personas too! we exist!

I don't give a fuck about her creator, the girl behind the animations (I mean the singer) is Latin tho, she makes bops

idk nothing about this, however the people complaining about this girl being latin(? idek?) whuttt? i mean you hate it when there's no diversity and when poc r not represented, like people were mad for there being lack of poc disney princesses in the past (which are also created by white cis men ding! ding! ding!), but now white cis men are attacked for making a latin virtual personality? i am not attacking anyone with this but i do have problem understanding. i am willing to listen and try to understand what your view is.

also i just read that the singer is latin so it makes sense for the personality to look latin?

idk nothing about this, however the people complaining about this girl being latin(? idek?) whuttt? i mean you hate it when there's no diversity and when poc r not represented, like people were mad for there being lack of poc disney princesses in the past (which are also created by white cis men ding! ding! ding!), but now white cis men are attacked for making a latin virtual personality? i am not attacking anyone with this but i do have problem understanding. i am willing to listen and try to understand what your view is.

also i just read that the singer is latin so it makes sense for the personality to look latin?

the creator of this persona is a white cis men so he is also getting money off a culture he does not belong. he also uses black culture so the singer being a latinx does not change anything

wait.. i guess her creator is not white but still, she is being used for making money from latin and black culture so i'd rather support a real latin or black artist

But still like i said people were complaining about disney not having (enough?) diversity in their line of princesses so were they complaining about not being taken advantage of according to you? Cuz that Is what confuses me. And that’s just one example, the same could be said about fashion brands - if they use black or latin models doesn’t that also equal to white cis men using poc to make money then?

Also I would like to add that this whole thing is sort of weird for me, idk if i am not open minded enough and i do agree with you saying that you would rather support a real musician. But at the same time i guess it could be viewed as a project of artists. I mean that’s what it is originally it still has creators behind it and that’s why i did the comparison with cartoon characters

Also I would like to add that this whole thing is sort of weird for me, idk if i am not open minded enough and i do agree with you saying that you would rather support a real musician. But at the same time i guess it could be viewed as a project of artists. I mean that’s what it is originally it still has creators behind it and that’s why i did the comparison with cartoon characters

There is a real musician behind her, her voice is not artificial just her appearance.

LanaBoards trying to cancel a fictional character we-

But tbh if the girl behind Lil Miquela singing the songs is Latina I don’t get the issue with Miqeuala being a Latina robot? That’s just me..