Sign in to follow this  
clementines

Somewhere Over The Rainbow-Cover by doe

For the end of pride month bbys <3

I’ve posted covers on here before but this song is the song my father wants at his funeral so it’s very special to me. I’m on vacation at the moment so this has a lot of the ocean/waves in the background but I really liked how this sounded soooo tell me what you think!

Also the name doe came from a friend of mine, the first time I walked into my inpatient hospital she said she’d call me doe because I was small and I looked like a scared deer in headlights...still don’t know if that was a good thing but it stuck with me.

i love how you took this song, which has been covered by thousands of people, and made it uniquely yours. that's true talent. and your high notes just soar like magic, makes my heart melt

Thank you I learned ukulele right after quarantine so I could play this for my dad

ok i don't wanna get too deep or anything and sound crazy or even go off-topic and distract from your beautiful singing, but it is so strange and amazing that you would post this today so i really hope you don't mind if i share something!

yesterday was a really tough day for me because it was my friend's funeral. i kept it together right until the end, where they played this song and i burst into tears bc the lyrics of this song are just way too relevant to his life and also his passing. i knew then that i'd forever associate it with him! i've been having weird little existential stresses bc of his passing, like what's next, who's watching over us, is anyone ever really gone or are they just gone for good... but waking up today and seeing you post this thread literally just felt like a sign? like how fucking strange of a coincidence when this song is all i've been thinking about for the past 24 hours!?

i'm totally crying now bc your rendition of this song is just so beautiful too. you really made it your own! it's so delicate and sweet.

sorry i probably sound like a crazy person but you've literally blessed me today without even knowing it or meaning to, so thank you so so so so so much <3

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Damn, i cried listening to it. Thank you so much for sharing this! :heart:

ok i don't wanna get too deep or anything and sound crazy or even go off-topic and distract from your beautiful singing, but it is so strange and amazing that you would post this today so i really hope you don't mind if i share something!

yesterday was a really tough day for me because it was my friend's funeral. i kept it together right until the end, where they played this song and i burst into tears bc the lyrics of this song are just way too relevant to his life and also his passing. i knew then that i'd forever associate it with him! i've been having weird little existential stresses bc of his passing, like what's next, who's watching over us, is anyone ever really gone or are they just gone for good... but waking up today and seeing you post this thread literally just felt like a sign? like how fucking strange of a coincidence when this song is all i've been thinking about for the past 24 hours!?

i'm totally crying now bc your rendition of this song is just so beautiful too. you really made it your own! it's so delicate and sweet.

sorry i probably sound like a crazy person but you've literally blessed me today without even knowing it or meaning to, so thank you so so so so so much <3

this is such a beautiful cover i can’t stop listening to it :flutter:

Thank u all sm I’m totally not crying rn, also that story about your friend is so touching because this song is like my dads song and it’s very close to me also so thank you for sharing that <3