Sign in to follow this  
Yosemite

Thanks to the Locals

13 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

Maybe it was a bit too personal, not that the others weren't, but she just wasn't feeling this one being spoken? Idk lol

I def get why, as I said above, I can see why she might not have wanted to have this one in spoken-word form (being too personal, speaking abt things she might not feel comfortable to say out loud). And also, like you said, maybe she just wasn't feeling this one/wasn't something she wanted on the record. 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

“I was brave and it would’ve been easier to stay” breaks my heart every time. I had an emotionally abusive ex (not that whatever ex this is about is abusive, although tbh I’d argue that cheating is inherently abusive in a way) and I beat myself up for years because I put up with his shit for so long. I felt weak because I did that

But eventually I was brave enough to leave

Sorry for the overly personal paragraph LOL. This just touches me on such a deep level. Violet is so poignantly, heart-breakingly beautiful and it saddens me that it’s so underrated