princessdollie

Ethel Cain

OMG HOW DID I MISS THISW TF

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

does anyone know what the name “cain” represents for hayden? it’s my family name so i’m pretty interested in why she chose that for her art :) 

3 minutes ago, motel six said:

does anyone know what the name “cain” represents for hayden? it’s my family name so i’m pretty interested in why she chose that for her art :) 

pretty sure it's a reference to religion - the brothers Cain and Abel who were the first two sons of Adam and Eve

9ISvyf0.gif

Just now, 320kbps said:

pretty sure it's a reference to religion - the brothers Cain and Abel

ohh it sounds interesting i’ll have to look into that some more, thank you sm

I've always loved Ptolemaea but I just listened to the acapella for the first time. The screaming, choking, and death throttle hidden behind the music is so so scary. Also at 0:46 it sounds like she's saying "mama" </3

Ethel is such a genius and I'm so excited for whatever this new project is

Carmen GIF by Lana Del Rey

︵‿୨ ♱ I talk to Jesus / And ask him if he'll think of saving me ♱ ୧‿︵

18 hours ago, star Iux said:

Is there any sort of timeline for Amber Waves?

if you mean timeline as in how it has changed n the teasers, according to genius it was teased on her story on april 20th, posted the next day with "i keep the angel" as a caption and then it started getting played on tour

anyways this thread is so quiet lol are we gonna talk about how she said this next project wont be part of the ethel lore and how she keeps teasing Powerline Valley? insane

4 hours ago, Disx said:

and how she keeps teasing Powerline Valley?

When did she do this bc i keep seeing people say this but it seems to me like she just got a tattoo of a powerline and just likes them idk

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

6 hours ago, Disx said:

if you mean timeline as in how it has changed n the teasers, according to genius it was teased on her story on april 20th, posted the next day with "i keep the angel" as a caption and then it started getting played on tour

anyways this thread is so quiet lol are we gonna talk about how she said this next project wont be part of the ethel lore and how she keeps teasing Powerline Valley? insane

I thought that it was the name of her new project lol

I was wondering if we have any idea when her new projects supposed to be released, I don't really keep up with any news related to her

Also I read a couple things about the tracklist but is there a 20 min version of Dust Bowl on it? I know it exists but idk if it's on the album

Sorry if this sounds like I'm very much a local. I'm just now deep-diving into her music

40 minutes ago, star Iux said:

I thought that it was the name of her new project lol

I was wondering if we have any idea when her new projects supposed to be released, I don't really keep up with any news related to her

Also I read a couple things about the tracklist but is there a 20 min version of Dust Bowl on it? I know it exists but idk if it's on the album

Sorry if this sounds like I'm very much a local. I'm just now deep-diving into her music

So originally she was planning to release the Preacher's Daughter b-sides last summer that would tell about Ethel's high school years and her relationship with Willoughby (ethel's ex a house in nebraska is about), but she scrapped them and is currently reworking them so she'll release a different project before them

The upcoming project is unrelated to the Ethel Cain lore and the songs confirmed to be on it are Amber Waves and Punish, the only potential title we have for it is 'Perverts' and is hopefully coming soon

The b-sides, which are probably pushed to 2025 will supposedly include Dust Bowl and a 20 min version of Waco, Texas (we currently have a 6 min demo she shared)

1 hour ago, l4keplacid said:

So originally she was planning to release the Preacher's Daughter b-sides last summer that would tell about Ethel's high school years and her relationship with Willoughby (ethel's ex a house in nebraska is about), but she scrapped them and is currently reworking them so she'll release a different project before them

The upcoming project is unrelated to the Ethel Cain lore and the songs confirmed to be on it are Amber Waves and Punish, the only potential title we have for it is 'Perverts' and is hopefully coming soon

The b-sides, which are probably pushed to 2025 will supposedly include Dust Bowl and a 20 min version of Waco, Texas (we currently have a 6 min demo she shared)

Ohhhh ok ty!!

On 7/23/2024 at 8:15 PM, ethelcain said:

When did she do this bc i keep seeing people say this but it seems to me like she just got a tattoo of a powerline and just likes them idk

yeah, iont think were getting powerline valley, it would be super cool tho

this thread is like super dead omg

ezgif-1-a47a14664a.webp

lyricz.png

She’s got a long way to go before she is at a Sky Ferreira level of “where tf is the music” but she has at least achieved FKA Twigs level of “where tf is the music”. 

On 7/23/2024 at 8:15 PM, ethelcain said:

she keeps posting so many pics of powerlines and i think she specified that song isn't about ethel so her saying this project isn't related to her lore either seems related (manifesting)

11 hours ago, fathercain said:

anyway i think we didnt have this so heres a snippet of a bruises demo i found hehe

https://krakenfiles.com/view/oxTqEyL5su/file.html

me muero... where did you find this:crai: