princessdollie

Ethel Cain

19 hours ago, Jon Batiste Interlude said:

IDK this seems like classic gatekeeping behaviour to me.  "You don't get her so the fact that you like her is irritating to me because you're too young/don't understand"  is what it reads as IMO. Who cares if 13 year olds like her music?  

Even 13 year old "swiftie-esque" fans who might not "get" it the way you perceive yourself to, are allowed to support and love her music. Oh and by the way, it's these types of kids who support artists directly, share their music with everyone, make fan art, buy physical copies...

Imaging trying to control who listens to what or likes what they like. Or being like, "Sure you like her but you don't really UNDERSTAND"

an example that comes to mind. Lana may have written music that was going over my young head when I first heard her.  Doesn't mean I didn't love her, love the music, and that she didn't mean something important to me.  Doesn't mean that the music doesn't mean something to me, even if I'm not getting what she was intending. 

Let young kids like what they like.

right like as a gatekeeper myself let her get her bank 😭 every fan equals money !

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

the way she hates mainstream attention n yet she wrote all that biden stuff in a funny way knowing she's gone insanely viral for similar stuff earlier (n she's already going viral from this lol) she's so unserious :ma: maybe she can use the attention to drop the bsides :flutter:

Not to get too personal, or sound cheesy, but I was from a southern state and Ethel Cain’s music literally feel like a warm melancholic evening down there. I don’t know how but she captures the atmosphere of the area perfectly. I can listen and see and feel scenery from my childhood immediately. Old churches, abandoned farmhouses reclaimed by nature, creeks in overgrown brush. Ancient dirt roads. I get it 

8 minutes ago, Aeryx said:

Not to get too personal, or sound cheesy, but I was from a southern state and Ethel Cain’s music literally feel like a warm melancholic evening down there. I don’t know how but she captures the atmosphere of the area perfectly. I can listen and see and feel scenery from my childhood immediately. Old churches, abandoned farmhouses reclaimed by nature, creeks in overgrown brush. Ancient dirt roads. I get it 

as someone also from the south, 100% same. but i also resonate with a LOT of the album as a whole bc i have a lot of religious trauma too teehee

9ISvyf0.gif

hope everyone who sees her at primavera has fun <3 oomfs there just said she played dust bowl final version n told ppl to be quiet cuz she's doing i keep the angel... iconic

Literally could not tell what she was singing during I Keep the Angel :crai:

Did anyone record dust bowl?? that's the only one i missed and im so bummed

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

the heck is i keep the angel?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

6 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

the heck is i keep the angel?

the song she posted on insta back in april

"pretty boy

alone in the dark

i'll always be there

wherever you are

i'm not like you are

but i wish i could be

you say listen to me

just be me" :poordat:

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm