princessdollie

Ethel Cain

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

who is salem?

it's her ex friend, they came up with the name anhedonia together, started a depop together about a year ago but its obvious that only salem runs it now and sells stuff related to ethel to piss her off i guess? https://www.depop.com/products/e__death-atlas-colossus-cd/ like $500? baby nobody buying that

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

56 minutes ago, ethelcain said:

I cant stand her.. they obviously had a falling out and now salem is selling hayden’s old clothes and THAT on depop, the depop used to be for both of them

she also talks shit about hayden on twt and even though she doesnt name her its quite obvious

its so fucking sad… and selling that for that much money… 

32 minutes ago, ethelcain said:

it's her ex friend, they came up with the name anhedonia together, started a depop together about a year ago but its obvious that only salem runs it now and sells stuff related to ethel to piss her off i guess? https://www.depop.com/products/e__death-atlas-colossus-cd/ like $500? baby nobody buying that

i acc talked with her lmao she opened a copy

ezgif-1-a47a14664a.webp

lyricz.png

58 minutes ago, ethelcain said:

someone bought an inbred CD from her a while ago for $500 iirc. what makes you say they "obviously" had a falling out? the account was always just Salem selling Hayden's old stuff, I don't know what % Hayden gets (if any at all) but she was definitely never the one running the account 

On 1/7/2024 at 8:23 PM, sheepie said:

posted to her tumblr in 2020

Tumblr_l_360069663270251.jpg?ex=65add146

Tumblr_l_360067726563288.jpg?ex=65add146

is this supposed to happen after some time or did she copyright strike these:rip:

We kinda don’t talk about how Ethel talked “shit” about Lana and did the most to distance herself from her and then randomly added Fishtail to her monthly playlist…need to know what that was about given she said she never listens to Lana and didn’t listen past UV

Ok so I finally watched the live stream and omg- it is obvious we are getting the b-sides very soon, I think we should be them by August at the latest. It definitely sounds like she is hinting at an upcoming announcement specifically at 1:13:30

10 hours ago, sheepie said:

someone bought an inbred CD from her a while ago for $500 iirc. what makes you say they "obviously" had a falling out? the account was always just Salem selling Hayden's old stuff, I don't know what % Hayden gets (if any at all) but she was definitely never the one running the account 

salem just tweeted yesterday about how shes annoyed that "an artist that built most of her career on sampling" wants to cease and desist one of her songs for sampling her, and one of salems songs heavily samples knuckle velvet.. so i'd say that sounds pretty non-friendly :toofunny:

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

12 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

We kinda don’t talk about how Ethel talked “shit” about Lana and did the most to distance herself from her and then randomly added Fishtail to her monthly playlist…need to know what that was about given she said she never listens to Lana and didn’t listen past UV

What did she say exactly?

On 4/16/2024 at 2:06 AM, Lanaparadiserey said:

CH: I love when artists make things that are gimmicky and earnest at the same time, and I think you do that really well. There’s an ironic remove but it still feels confessional. I’m also wondering what you think about Lana Del Rey, I’m sure I’m not the first to draw this comparison.
EC: I feel so… I just get these comparisons a lot, and I cannot deny them. I just tweeted today that Born To Die was the first CD that I ever bought. I love Lana, I love her older music. Her newer stuff doesn’t really resonate with me, but I’d be a liar to say I never loved Lana. Musically, I’m not super inspired by her, but I see where comparisons could be drawn. The music is deeper, sultrier, smokier. It’s lazy and sexy while still having viper-like femininity.

But here’s the line between Lana and me. Lana is all facade, she is glamour, she is old Hollywood, she is the peak opulence of the American Dream. And for me, I’m like, that’s just not what America is to me. I think America is the bottom line – it’s the poor people, the people who have been the most affected by the government, by the system. People who are constantly spat on. For me, the American Dream is not real – and if it is it’s built on the backs of all the people who never see any profit. America, when you peel away the Lana American Dream of Marilyn Monroe, the American flag, and all of that… Look, I have an American flag hanging up by my bed, and it’s tattered and torn. I found it in the dirt of an abandoned place, and that’s what America is to me, it’s scraps of a country.

There’s a lot of people in this country who are suffering and getting the short end of the stick, and no one ever talks about it. When I grew up there were a lot of poor people, it was a poor town, and there was a poverty cycle that no one ever addressed. People love to distract themselves with the glitz, the glamour, and the money. But you’re not doing anyone any favours by pretending this shit isn’t happening. And I want to write about it – the people I see who are suffering while no one pays them any mind because it hurts too much to think about. That’s what America is to me, the people who never get a break.

https://hero-magazine.com/article/189013/ethel-cains-music-is-an-unforgiving-portrait-of-southern-baptist-america

13 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

It may have been true at the time she said this, that she wasn't listening to Lana and hadn't since UV, probably due to a bit of irritability with her comparisons to her. But she seems to like her again if she's adding fishtails into her playlist. I guess she's more confident as an artist now and knows that her music is nothing like Lana's (because its not) - she's definitely got a very distinctive sound imo. Although i can also see why some comparisons are made because there are some clear inspirations, but there is nothing wrong with that. Every artist is inspired by someone, even if unaware

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

there really isn't a lot of similarities between ethel and lana, a lot of lana stans have deluded themselves into thinking any woman who sings about tortured shit is drawing inspo from her. Lorde and Ethel are a great example of artists who get dragged for copying lana when the reality is that they all fall in an umbrella genre. The gag is that the artists that should be discussed for very clearly trying to emulate lana's sound are not being talked about. And i'm gonna tell ya'll right now that these artists are not the ones pulling numbers, cultivating a fanbase, or cracking the top 3000 :brigitte:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

On 4/15/2024 at 9:06 PM, Lanaparadiserey said:

Forgot I even said this and came back to a bunch of essays about it lmao:tommy:

Anyways I agree with what everyone said so I’m not going to quote everyone lmao😭. I think Ethel had definitely grown into her own as an artists and doesn’t need to distance herself from bigger artists like Lana now. 

Also my OG post sounds lowkey shady what was I on lmao…anyways b-sides any day now:oop2:

OMG :krylie: when it turns out to be waco

also can anyone make out the lyrics :crai: i only hear "is it [?] to feel any other way, what would you do"

last.fm