princessdollie

Ethel Cain

8 minutes ago, Waimea Bay said:

So what are we expecting

6-8 Songs

All New Not B-Sides

Probably not out until next year

she's been teasing this project for so much time now that i rly do think it is coming out this year.

i also believe in the possibility of a couple songs from the b-sides sessions being repurposed for this — maybe even songs we know? i wouldn't be surprised if dust bowl was included considering how much love hayden has shown for that song + it's inclusion on the childish behavior tour setlist with the new verse (though that's very unlikely tbh).

1 minute ago, truxblue said:

she's been teasing this project for so much time now that i rly do think it is coming out this year.

i also believe in the possibility of a couple songs from the b-sides sessions being repurposed for this — maybe even songs we know? i wouldn't be surprised if dust bowl was included considering how much love hayden has shown for that song + it's inclusion on the childish behavior tour setlist with the new verse (though that's very unlikely tbh).

Dust bowl especially the new live version is without a doubt my favorite song she has ever made.

That being said as much as I love it there is no world where I see it being on this project

I'd love to be wrong though

I don't see Dust Bowl being on it, but I do see her rendition of Nearer, my God to thee serving as the opener. Also theres a 0% chance of this happening but that snippet of Have You Told Your Wife fits the vibe of the new project imo

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

1 minute ago, Waimea Bay said:

Dust bowl especially the new live version is without a doubt my favorite song she has ever made.

That being said as much as I love it there is no world where I see it being on this project

I'd love to be wrong though

same, i can't really see how it'd fit thematically-wise (*if* the project is indeed centered around shame or proximity to god)

Just now, truxblue said:

same, i can't really see how it'd fit thematically-wise (*if* the project is indeed centered around shame or proximity to god)

Omg yes the theme. It definitely feels like its telling the story of this sick person who has a weird relationship with God. I annotated all the lyrics on Genius so hopefully that's actually what it's about lmao

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

so im acc one of the producers on the new project, this is the tracklist:

1. Apparition

2. Crooked House

3. Black Moth Dreams

4. Ancient Void

5. Necessity

6. Crewel Work

7. Perverts

8. Wedding Vows

9. Nocturne (Crisis Of Faith)

10. Punish

11. Burning Star

12. Amber Waves

Just now, J03 said:

Wait so no bsides anymore? Is this the second of the trilogy or has she scrapped that idea too?

bsides are coming, this project isn't ethel-related, but it's going to be considered her 2nd studio album i think

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

6 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

1. Apparition

2. Crooked House

3. Black Moth Dreams

4. Ancient Void

5. Necessity

6. Crewel Work

7. Perverts

8. Wedding Vows

10. Punish

11. Burning Star

12. Amber Waves

bsides are coming, this project isn't ethel-related, but it's going to be considered her 2nd studio album i think

oh that’s so disappointing, I was really hoping for the trilogy to play out a bit quicker than this, I see myself losing interest at this rate. 

4 minutes ago, J03 said:

oh that’s so disappointing, I was really hoping for the trilogy to play out a bit quicker than this, I see myself losing interest at this rate.

she has said that she wants the trilogy to be spread out over her whole career, so we probably won't get Preacher's Wife for another couple years (with this new project and b-sides being in between), and then Mother Of A Preacher another few years after that, and then she also wants her books and films to accompany the albums

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

I haven't listened to anything she performed live or leaked, but any chance that this is the "pop project" that she was mentioning earlier (?) this year as stop-gate to finish her Prescription Songs/Luke connection?

Whatever it is, it will be good, even if not connected to the storyline. She already mentioned that work on Preacher's Wife hasn't really begun, so I don't see it happening before 2026/27 at the earliest. But I do find it surprising that B-sides aren't/weren't ready and she's still saying they'll be happening because at this point it looks a bit... pointless? idk, I don't like that word, but it feels a bit late; releasing another project and then moving back to the "starting point" instead of just moving forward to the next album. We shall see.

2 hours ago, ivory almond said:

1. Apparition

2. Crooked House

3. Black Moth Dreams

4. Ancient Void

5. Necessity

6. Crewel Work

7. Perverts

8. Wedding Vows

10. Punish

11. Burning Star

12. Amber Waves

thought we got over lying on the tl

9 minutes ago, ItsRavenHunty said:

i really hope dust bowl is on here on this new project we can wait for waco final .. otherwise why even have it on the setlist if your gonna tease it with the other new songs thats kinda odd

I want dust bowl and waco final sooo bad but hayden has said this new project isnt related to ethel lore at all and db and wt have been confirmed for the bsides / to be about willoughby so we’ll have to wait a little more for those i fear

On 9/1/2024 at 8:45 PM, Bjorn said:

Hi y'all, any chance someone nabbed this lossless solo version of God's Country? The link doesn't work anymore, sadly. I share bigspender's thoughts on both the song itself and our enjoyment of lossless audio wherever we can find it. I also can't think of any reason why it would be specifically taken down on purpose. I scrolled and checked links, no one had it in their lists. :( If no one can provide a link to download, may I learn why it isn't available anymore? I know why some songs will stay unavailable here out of respect to Hayden but I don't know how it applies with this edit through my catch-up on all pages available. I've been a fan since mid-2022 but didn't know this existed as I'm not really on social media or fan boards like this a whole lot. I also don't quite know how tagging works here, so if anyone could tag bigspender that would also be very appreciated. Thank you so much! :)

here you go 
https://krakenfiles.com/view/Hm2or6DrWK/file.html
https://pillowcase.su/f/5df997cda81fbdc873d1af30dfb264be

giphy.gif