princessdollie

Ethel Cain

Ethel Cain has her own Wikipedia account, and she's edited her own artist page (For context, she created it) many times for the sole purpose of making herself look better - as well as removing cited facts that she's been compared to Lana / has previously taken inspiration from her.

She's also incessantly vandalised her page in an effort to wipe her publicly documented past career and older work (She stopped using this account in 2023 after somebody made a call-out post on Reddit, which subsequently led to the deletion of her Reddit account of the same username - although as of right now, there's still no mention of her past work, so I'm assuming she's editing and keeping tabs from a new account, or getting one of her fans/friends to do so). It's loser behaviour TBH and I understand if Lana doesn't vibe with her :toofunny:

Example 

CWNT4em.jpg

✧ 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝑜𝓃 𝒶 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂, 𝓈𝒾𝒻𝓉 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓮 ✧

1 hour ago, American Whore said:

then don't build your image off the back of another artist? it's fairly simple

ethel has never done that. she has her very own style and her own aesthetic, sometimes she's even described as the ‘counterpart to lana’.

one of the first articles I read about ethel was that one in german:

https://www.laut.de/Ethel-Cain/Alben/Inbred-116205

where they state: "Ethel Cain provides the antithesis to Lana's dreamy, romantic dream pop."

at the same time, even before ethel released her first album, this professor was already comparing her to taylor and lana

13 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Ethel Cain has her own Wikipedia account, and she's edited her own artist page (She created it) many times for the sole purpose of making herself look better - as well as removing cited facts that she's been compared to Lana / has previously taken inspiration from her.

She also routinely tries to cover up her past career and spent years incessantly vandalising her page (Only stopped in 2023 after somebody made a call-out post on Reddit, which subsequently led to the deletion of her Reddit account of the same username). It's loser behaviour TBH and I understand if Lana doesn't vibe with her :toofunny:

Example 

CWNT4em.jpg

honestly it wasn't fair to use the pitchfork article here, because they rated the album much lower than most other magazines. it was in fact one of the best albums of the year and it was nowhere inspired by lana

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/482256-ethel-cain-preachers-daughter.php

14 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Ethel Cain has her own Wikipedia account, and she's edited her own artist page (For context, she created it) many times for the sole purpose of making herself look better - as well as removing cited facts that she's been compared to Lana / has previously taken inspiration from her.

She's also incessantly vandalised her page in an effort to wipe her publicly documented past career and older work (She stopped using this account in 2023 after somebody made a call-out post on Reddit, which subsequently led to the deletion of her Reddit account of the same username - although as of right now, there's still no mention of her past work, so I'm assuming she's editing and keeping tabs from a new account, or getting one of her fans/friends to do so). It's loser behaviour TBH and I understand if Lana doesn't vibe with her :toofunny:

Example 

CWNT4em.jpg

Calling her own album one of the best of the year is so embarrassing if I got caught doing that I don’t know how I would cope 

27 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Example 

Adding onto this-

Some of the edits she made with the sole intention of removing Lana's name (Even though she explicitly references Lana's music in the cited interview)

u07f6i2.png

T5Wl8kS.png

Removing her past musical work (Full thing is way too large to fully screenshot, but for context, she removed nearly 3k worth of content) I get feeling disconnect with your past - but umm, you're a public figure and this is all stuff you publicly released... It's truly sad, I hate censorship. I'm glad Lana doesn't feel the need to camp out on Wiki and try to erase her documented past.

JIAYZOt.png

Trying to hide the fact that she signed to Dr. Luke in 2020 (Not related to Lana, but still funny)

TwCUf5x.png

6 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

stop talking about ethel cain in the lana unleaked thread my god

Lana made the decision to record an Ethel Cain diss track, which is a currently-unleaked song. We're talking about Ethel Cain's thoughts on Lana, which directly correlate to said song.

People were discussing Lana's relation to Lady Gaga and their thoughts on each other in the "So Legit" thread, nobody bat an eye. It's pretty much on-topic. 

15 minutes ago, dexter said:

Calling her own album one of the best of the year is so embarrassing if I got caught doing that I don’t know how I would cope 

Except it was one of the most critically acclaimed albums of 2022..by general consensus...from the public and music critics. Like what

1 minute ago, 79lipstick said:

Except it was one of the most critically acclaimed albums of 2022..by general consensus...from the public and music critics. Like what

[citation needed] - literally

2 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

[citation needed], literally

Just bc they didn’t add a citation doesn’t mean it’s not true. It takes a few clicks to google “preacher’s daughter acclaim” and you’ll find a bunch. Are you dense?

18 minutes ago, 79lipstick said:

Just bc they didn’t add a citation doesn’t mean it’s not true. It takes a few clicks to google “preacher’s daughter acclaim” and you’ll find a bunch. Are you dense?

It's not about being dense, but if that's the case, Ethel should have provided a citation for the supposed acclaim rather than removing the actual cited interview because she didn't like the publication comparing her to Lana or failing to call her album "one of the best of the year".

That's not how Wikipedia works, and I have to agree with @dexter it comes across as embarrassing (and even a little narcissistic). I'm being literal, you're supposed to add a citation when creating a claim like that on Wikipedia 

Ethel claimed to have been "Correcting vandalism" by removing Lana's name from her article and inserting self-praise... Like, is it really that serious? I wonder if something happened between them behind the scenes, inspiring the creation of this "All About Ethel" song. Or maybe Lana just caught wind of Ethel disliking her? IDK.

1 hour ago, domandapiano said:

She’s gotta release a new body of work eventually if she wants to maintain the hype that preachers daughter built up. 

I dont think she cares atp lmao

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

56 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Lana made the decision to record an Ethel Cain diss track, which is a currently-unleaked song. We're talking about Ethel Cain's thoughts on Lana, which directly correlate to said song.

People were discussing Lana's relation to Lady Gaga and their thoughts on each other in the "So Legit" thread, nobody bat an eye. It's pretty much on-topic. 

I don't understand the point of moving these posts? :toofloppy: 

We're talking about an unleaked Lana song, now the Ethel Cain music thread is clogged with posts regarding discussion about it@ultrabanisters

Edited by Coloringbooks
6+ users also agree with me

Funny seeing people bully new artists in the same way Lana was bullied at the start of her career:aubrey:

You guys are the ones hanging out on a fan forum for an artist who doesn’t know you exist and Ethel is one of the most promising up and coming artists right now…but her updating her Wiki page is “loser behavior”…ok

35 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

It's not about being dense, but if that's the case, Ethel should have provided a citation for the supposed acclaim rather than removing the actual cited interview because she didn't like the publication comparing her to Lana or failing to call her album "one of the best of the year".

That's not how Wikipedia works, and I have to agree with @dexter it comes across as embarrassing (and even a little narcissistic). I'm being literal, you're supposed to add a citation when creating a claim like that on Wikipedia 

Ethel claimed to have been "Correcting vandalism" by removing Lana's name from her article and inserting self-praise... Like, is it really that serious? I wonder if something happened between them behind the scenes, inspiring the creation of this "All About Ethel" song. Or maybe Lana just caught wind of Ethel disliking her? IDK.

I really don’t think of it as embarrassing at all to want to have your critically acclaimed album be described as such in the largest and most-read reference source on the internet, instead of just lazy comparisons to another artist. :eyes:

The lengths y’all are going to over an alleged diss track, @ me when it gets leaked and it’s not just speculation.