Sign in to follow this  
SissyRëyLDRsparkjumprope

First impression of Lana?

As a huge gamer girl, seeing that another girl had called a song Video Games i immediately decided she was awesome and went for a listen. I soon realised it wasn't about a love of gaming at all, but i still loved her voice, the lyrics and the song overall. I got her album, and then decided i wanted to make a youtube playlist of her songs so i could listen to them at the work computer. Searching, i stumbled across her unreleased tracks and began collecting. The rest is history.

So yeah, i was mislead in the beginning, but i grew to love her regardless. Sometimes I'm not entirely sure why i loved her as well as her music, because she'd usually be the sort of person I'd enjoy head-butting. She is a siren.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I first heard of Lana in like September? of 2011 when she was in the UK charts. I looked up 'Video Games' on YouTube & I didn't like it. I thought it was melancholy & boring. But then I listened to 'Born to Die' about a month later & fell in love with it.

Actually I first stumbled upon her "Diet Mtn Dew" demo on Youtube in May 2010 (can't remember how I discovered it, probably by a mention in a music blog). I really liked the sound and look of it, shared it with a few music loving friends of mine who were impressed too so we got hooked to her music. I was following her releases ever since.

I've been a fan since 1985. Her crying as a newborn baby struck me and I was completly hooked.

*Insert awesome and creative photo of Lana with added photoshops effects here*

I discovered Lana Del Rey in late November of last year, when Kylie Minogue tweeted about how awesome her Born To Die performance at Chateau Marmont was. So I clicked the link saw the video and loved every second of it. Then I youtubed her name and saw Video Games and loved that and then BTD the video came out and I was hooked at that point. So I bought her album the day it came out and now I love her more than Kylie. lol.

It's interesting cause I was collecting music to play at my christmas party (Nov2011) and someone sent me "Video Games" and so i watched the Youtube video and was like .. "What the fuck is this shit?" and turned it off. And so then i went away on holidays and one day i saw Katy Perry tweet about this Lana Del Rey person, in March or February? about the Born to Die album and so then i was like "may as well see what it's like" i watched the SNL performance and didn't think it was that awful. I saw that the album was like in a really good position on the charts so i decided to buy it! And then i got hooked... My first love was Diet Mountain Dew.

And now here I am .. not even a year later, obsessed with a unhealthy passion. Hahha

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I discovered her in the beginning of 2012. Her Hype in Germany and Belgium came later than in the UK, Australia and USA. The first Lana song I heard was Born To Die and I wondered what for dark voice and sadness are in the song. I thought : Wtf is she? And just a few days later I wanted to know more about her.

I'm a latecomer. I read about her in rolling stone, but it was after her SNL peformance which I did not see that caught my attention. I read the reviews and saw she was a popular search on yahoo. I saw the SNL performances and liked them and then I went right to video games on youtube and then I went and bought born to die when it was released. I bought the target edition and immediately loved her music.

I heard "Video Games" in radio, I can't remember when :P . I thought it good and bad at the same time. I didn't know the singer's name... Later, I saw a post about Lana in one forum, listened to "Lolita" and she started "growing" on me. :>

And the wind I know it’s cold