Sign in to follow this  
SissyRëyLDRsparkjumprope

First impression of Lana?

I am ashamed to admit it, but when I saw her for the first time and read her name, I thought: "Oh look, another Mediterranean pop export from Spain trying to make it in the UK after her record label booked some shows there and signed her to Polydor Records and Universal Music."

My second thought was: "Wow, she's not having an accent. One of her parents must be a native speaker." Then I googled... and well...

I am ashamed to admit it, but when I saw her for the first time and read her name, I thought: "Oh look, another Mediterranean pop export from Spain trying to make it in the UK after her record label booked some shows there and signed her to Polydor Records and Universal Music."

My second thought was: "Wow, she's not having an accent. One of her parents must be a native speaker." Then I googled... and well...

I thought she was Spanish too. In the yellow top from the Video Games video, she kind of looks it.

I heard a Video Games club remix on some Sirium XM channel and kept it on. I couldn't stand her voice in the original. But I downloaded the EP that had Blue Jeans with it and I guess I finally paid attention to the lyrics and everything connected

BzhmW.png

I really didn't like her at first, I heard about her on MTV and all the buzz about her. So I googled 'Lana Del Rey' and I saw the thumbnail for the born to die video. I was like 'What the fuck is this shit?". I watched the video, well only a bit. I thought she was dark and depressing. But later that week I watched the video again and I started liking it... I kept on singing it.. and I bought her album and BOOM.

I love her now. <3

VyIsfwC.jpg

I tought she was a latin/spanish electromariachi band, hey, with titles like 'Video Games' and 'Blue Jeans' it sounded like those spanish artists that want to sing in english, and was labeled as 'alternative'. :eek:

When I first saw video games I just thought that took too long for someone 2 use instagram in a music video and I loved the result. I also thought Lana had a beautiful voice and was very pretty. Thought that she looked like a bimbo from some spanish B movie in the video games video. Like a spanish cartoon but pretty in a weird way. My opinion didn't change much. Still love her voice, still think she did the best with the instagram hype in the moment that would meant something and, still think she is very pretty and that sometimes she dresses like a spanish bimbo.

glgcDdT.gif

I was watching the video of Born To Die and my first impression of Lana was that she was very different (in a good way) to all the other female artists who were popular at the time. And still are popular... :pft:

Merging with a similar thread :)

I quickly scanned through little bits of video games on hype machine and thought, this sounds good, I'll put it on my phone. I listened to it for the first time in full on a long drive home. It made me feel the best kind of weird and I think I cried for like a sec cause her voice was just so good, especially hearing it in a small enclosed box on blast

then I looked her up when I got home and was like THAT'S HER? wut

ZRBNill.jpg

Fake as fuck. I was actually a bit annoyed by her 'cause everyone was talkin bout her on ATRL (a forum I'm now banned at). Then I listened to Video Games and thought she was boring. :shh: It was only after I saw the Born to Die video and heard the song for the first time that I fell in love. :yesnod:

iv8yeQPF0g7uM.gif

When I first read about her: :pft:

When I heard her music for the first time: :wat: :oprah: :crying:

Someone please stop me if I'm overusing the emoticons, they're still new and funny to me

:D