comeintomybedroom

M.I.A.

I heard Paper Planes on the radio as a kid and I loved it, and I've seen her name here and there but I haven't really taken the time to listen to her music until recently

and

I love this woman.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

(The mini supermarket played Paper Planes yesterday so I stayed a little longer just to hear it all :hooker: )

And yessss I wanna see the documentary too, but I don't know where I could see it? The biggest cinema chain here in Sweden isn't planning on showing according to their website. :( Does anyone know where it will be shown where you guys live? I know the Japanese Embassy here sometimes shows films and Studio Ghibli films, but I doubt that any embassy would want to show this... might cause some controversy.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

(The mini supermarket played Paper Planes yesterday so I stayed a little longer just to hear it all :hooker: )

And yessss I wanna see the documentary too, but I don't know where I could see it? The biggest cinema chain here in Sweden isn't planning on showing according to their website. :( Does anyone know where it will be shown where you guys live? I know the Japanese Embassy here sometimes shows films and Studio Ghibli films, but I doubt that any embassy would want to show this... might cause some controversy.

Tbh I don't think that 0,1% of the population here cares or knows MIA and if it gets released here in Chile it will be limited on the capital cinemas or some weird underground theater, maybe the stars align and my local cultural theather gets a copy :eartha2:

PS: didn't saw the trailer posted in here thinking it was the 6 minute one that leaked, but I just finished it and omg I need to see this so bad :oprah:

8nl2OpX.png

Tbh I don't think that 0,1% of the population here cares or knows MIA and if it gets released here in Chile it will be limited on the capital cinemas or some weird underground theater, maybe the stars align and my local cultural theather gets a copy :eartha2:

PS: didn't saw the trailer posted in here thinking it was the 6 minute one that leaked, but I just finished it and omg I need to see this so bad :oprah:

Lmao, I'm thinking the same. :lmao: Keeping my fingers crossed for you. ♥  Too bad the trailer only says "coming soon", otherwise I might have asked some obscure theatre here in my uni town if they plan on showing it. ... maybe I should ask them anyway, but I won't really be here anymore when fall arrives...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Lmao, I'm thinking the same. :lmao: Keeping my fingers crossed for you. ♥  Too bad the trailer only says "coming soon", otherwise I might have asked some obscure theatre here in my uni town if they plan on showing it. ... maybe I should ask them anyway, but I won't really be here anymore when fall arrives...

Soon :creep:

Praying for you too, also it will probably be on VOD or Digital for sale I hope after it gets released or at the same time IDK

8nl2OpX.png

Omg, I just got the news that M.I.A. is booked for a festival here in Sweden in August and the documentary will be shown there... and of course I can’t go because of exams, as usual. :deadbanana:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

You can request the documentary to be shown in your country/town, if it’s not on the list, here: https://www.miadocumentary.com/screening-request/

I just requested Stockholm even though it was recently shown in Sweden, at a festival. I tried to write a sensible motivation.

Here’s the list of upcoming screenings btw: https://www.miadocumentary.com/see-the-film/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png