Myriam

Lana Del Rey for Obsession magazine

the close-up photos are so pretty. disappointed by the suggestion that she ain't goin blonde again anytime soon, though :sarcastic:

marked her lizzy days too much, i don't think she will for a while. besides, she's getting older and blonde will look silly.

tumblr_miebj9EePO1qiz2n4o1_250.jpg

besides, she's getting older and blonde will look silly.

maybe so. but the strawberry blonde she wore earlier this year was so lovely. based on her "returning to basics" statement I'm surprised she doesn't go with a color matching her natural?

I'm just upset about her dark brunette look is all :pft:

maybe so. but the strawberry blonde she wore earlier this year was so lovely. based on her "returning to basics" statement I'm surprised she doesn't go with a color matching her natural?

I'm just upset about her dark brunette look is all :pft:

i'd prefer anything a bit lighter, but lana will do whatever she feels and we'll blab :twirls: :twirls:

tumblr_miebj9EePO1qiz2n4o1_250.jpg

And then, all of a sudden, a soubresaut takes over her at the mention of Paris, where she had been recently: she says how much she admires Edith Piaf whose song starts to play and she immediately starts to sing along, in French : “Non rien de rien. Non je ne regrette rien …” : the car, lost between the beach of Santa Monica and the altitude of West Hollywood becomes a time machine that stretches all over the place.

Piaf is here, through Lana, and their mad duet is as incredible as ephemeral.

While singing, Lana metamorphoses, and unveils a diva with the simple strength of her voice. Exactly like Piaf, she is petite and frail but acquires on stage a second nature, that of a star.

Myriam, I read this excerpt from your translation on my covers-themed podcast. I hope you don't mind. It's so beautiful and poetic.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Myriam, I read this excerpt from your translation on my covers-themed podcast. I hope you don't mind. It's so beautiful and poetic.

Of course I don't mind, I'm honored :flutter:

I really wanted to listen to your podcast but I'm buried under a ton of books...

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

“ I haven’t had a drink in 10 years. But when I was younger, I wanted to try everything fast, and I was living in New York with people who wanted the same lifestyle. New York was the best place. I loved being in it, I loved drinking in New York, I loved falling in love with my first boyfriends. It was paradise, I was able to do whatever I wanted to do. But when you are living like this, you have to expect losing your companions on the way. And that’s what happened, in New York, I lost everyone. Most of my songs are about the feelings I used to get while drinking, that moment I felt free through drinking. It was the most intense physical stimulation, and I depended on it..”

She says her songs are confessions, that tell her life, stories she has lived, bits of autobiography, images gleaned from her memory.

“In music, everything has been already done. The only thing original thing is every one’s personal story. My thing is this: I speak of myself, with the most truth and details possible. I tell the stories exactly as I have lived them. I sing what I have lived. There’s no other recipe.” It’s truth that feeds her songs (“words are sacred, I never write anything wrong”), truth drawn from a precise period of her life, exactly like Patrick Modiano’s novels that come from years of experience between the adolescence and the adult age of the author.

At that age, Lana was drinking, living in New York, singing in bars and she speaks of it as a happy time, that nourishes her entirely now that she’s in LA jumping for plane to plane (“I haven’t spent more than 30 days in the USA in the past 3 years”)

I don't get Lana's timings in her interviews, she said she hasn't had a drink for ten years but she said was drinking when she was in New York and her songs are about this period. She previously said she moved to NY at 18 so if she was born in 1986 and hadn't had a drink for 10 years she would have been 17 and not even living in NY but we know she was born in 1985 and she's 28 right now so she would have been 18 when she moved there like she said, but if she hasn't had a drink for 10 years she wouldn't have been drinking when she lived in New York. I don't know am I missing something? none of her interviews add up. :biblio: :tsk: :agree2:

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

I don't get Lana's timings in her interviews, she said she hasn't had a drink for ten years but she said was drinking when she was in New York and her songs are about this period. She previously said she moved to NY at 18 so if she was born in 1986 and hadn't had a drink for 10 years she would have been 17 and not even living in NY but we know she was born in 1985 and she's 28 right now so she would have been 18 when she moved there like she said, but if she hasn't had a drink for 10 years she wouldn't have been drinking when she lived in New York. I don't know am I missing something? none of her interviews add up. :biblio: :tsk: :agree2:

She's an ENIGMA :oic: