Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

The fact that your deaf ears doesn't like Radioactive and HTBAHB just goes to show how much of a try hard indie fan you are. Then again, this is Lanaboards... 

:deadbanana:

They are both literally perfect pop songs.

I don't dislike Radioactive it's just really generic and one of the least noticeable songs on the record. And HTBAHB is just simply trash! I don't even think Marina herself likes that song. Also I really wouldn't describe the rest of EH as "indie" but... okay!

TjmiIK4.png

Not when most of The Family Jewels, Gold and Solitaire exist.

Actually Gold is cute, Solitaire is like one of the best songs on FROOT wtf, and TFJ... well... 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I don't dislike Radioactive it's just really generic and one of the least noticeable songs on the record. And HTBAHB is just simply trash! I don't even think Marina herself likes that song. Also I really wouldn't describe the rest of EH as "indie" but... okay!

I mean, it is Dr. Luke produced so I don't blame her. That's the only issue I now have with Electra Heart is that Dr. Luke is on it, but at the same time it's probably the only album we'll get from her that's purely catered towards generic pop so i appreciate it for that. FROOT is special though, and rare for a "mainstream" artist in how it was made, in the sense that it was just her and her producer that wrote and worked on it. Most of FROOT i love, but I just cannot get into Gold and Solitaire  :deadbanana: It's criminal that I'm Not Hungry Anymore wasn't put on that album when those two songs were. 

Actually Gold is cute, Solitaire is like one of the best songs on FROOT wtf, and TFJ... well... 

Solitaire... it really isn't. Happy, FROOT, I'm a Ruin, Better Than That, Savages and Immortal and the tops of that album (along with I'm Not Hungry Anymore even tho it wasn't on that album but still kinda is)

Solitaire... it really isn't. Happy, FROOT, I'm a Ruin, Better Than That, Savages and Immortal and the tops of that album (along with I'm Not Hungry Anymore even tho it wasn't on that album but still kinda is)

I agree with this, INHA is really an amazing song. It's on my FROOT Top  :flutter:

I agree with this, INHA is really an amazing song. It's on my FROOT Top  :flutter:

Did I mention it's criminal that it wasn't on FROOT because... that bridge still ends me every time honestly. I wouldn't mind more of a current pop sound from Marinara again, but maybe not as generic as EH was.

You know what, I'm gonna say it. The lack of respect for Starring Role in this thread is truly disturbing. Y'all throwing around all these other EH tracks as your faves, which are all great songs (excluding HTBAHB but since that song wasn't on the initial release I don't even fucking count it), but c'mon. Also Living Dead gets paid dust and I'm still upset it was cut from the US release of the album.

Also also also... isn't it sad that because there's nothing going on in terms of MATD4 we've resorted to several pages of arguing over which of the 3 albums is best  :toofunny:

TjmiIK4.png

You know what, I'm gonna say it. The lack of respect for Starring Role in this thread is truly disturbing. Y'all throwing around all these other EH tracks as your faves, which are all great songs (excluding HTBAHB but since that song wasn't on the initial release I don't even fucking count it), but c'mon. Also Living Dead gets paid dust and I'm still upset it was cut from the US release of the album.

Also also also... isn't it sad that because there's nothing going on in terms of MATD4 we've resorted to several pages of arguing over which of the 3 albums is best  :toofunny:

wym? we all love starring role, the one that everyone disrespect is the good sis hypocrates

holy SHIT the amount of deaf in this person is insane

Hypocrates, VOTD, Starring Role, Buy The Stars, Teen Idle, Lies, TSOD, and Living Dead are the best tracks on EH.

how to bath and radiowaves can choke xx

xMcVPI7.jpg

I LOVE RADIOACTIVE

holy SHIT the amount of deaf in this person is insane

Hypocrates, VOTD, Starring Role, Buy The Stars, Teen Idle, Lies, TSOD, and Living Dead are the best tracks on EH.

how to bath and radiowaves can choke xx

I literally love Electra Heart as a whole, but I remember hearing Radioactive for the first time and it shook me so i'm kinda biased with it. Lies, Living Dead, Starring Role, Bubblegum Bitch and Fear and Loathing I still play on a regular basis. Also forgetting Sex Yeah and Lonely Hearts Club being cute too.

I literally love Electra Heart as a whole, but I remember hearing Radioactive for the first time and it shook me so i'm kinda biased with it. Lies, Living Dead, Starring Role, Bubblegum Bitch and Fear and Loathing I still play on a regular basis. Also forgetting Sex Yeah and Lonely Hearts Club being cute too.

Sex Yeah has always been shaky with me, but it's still a great song and one of the best off of Electra. LHC is one of those songs where I have to be in a mood in order to listen to it, same with Bubblegum Bitch.

xMcVPI7.jpg

Sex Yeah has always been shaky with me, but it's still a great song and one of the best off of Electra. LHC is one of those songs where I have to be in a mood in order to listen to it, same with Bubblegum Bitch.

Same, apart from Bubblegum Bitch - she's always a cute little bop. I honestly have never been able to really get into TFJ apart from Obsessions, Hollywood and Guilty honestly. Like, I knew of Marina because she's from the same place that I am in Wales, but it wasn't until EH where i was like oh this bitch is trying

HOWEVER 

froot is still mounds better with each song being brutally honest. Each song is great and have amazing melodies along with production that fits (some) of the songs.

and no, Solitaire is not a bad song, neither is Gold. Possibly some of the best songs on Froot.

My top five are I'm A Ruin, Solitaire, Gold, Immortal, and Blue.

Same, apart from Bubblegum Bitch - she's always a cute little bop. I honestly have never been able to really get into TFJ apart from Obsessions, Hollywood and Guilty honestly. Like, I knew of Marina because she's from the same place that I am in Wales, but it wasn't until EH where i was like oh this bitch is trying

oh god i hate guilty so much - the acoustic is so much better. Numb is my personal favorite from TFJ, its so beautiful and amazing to listen to.

xMcVPI7.jpg

HOWEVER 

froot is still mounds better with each song being brutally honest. Each song is great and have amazing melodies along with production that fits (some) of the songs.

and no, Solitaire is not a bad song, neither is Gold. Possibly some of the best songs on Froot.

My top five are I'm A Ruin, Solitaire, Gold, Immortal, and Blue.

oh god i hate guilty so much - the acoustic is so much better. Numb is my personal favorite from TFJ, its so beautiful and amazing to listen to.

It's not my favourite but if it comes on i'm like oh ok. I like the chorus more than anything honestly.

It's not my favourite but if it comes on i'm like oh ok. I like the chorus more than anything honestly.

The vocals are everything on Numb, Marina did that

xMcVPI7.jpg

tumblr_inline_p7hr4ffIYe1qc4uvh_250.gif

Do you think Marina will release her album before Lana? Bitch it's been almost 4 years since FROOT  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

It's only just been 3 years  :rip:  but probably not, Marina works slow as hell

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin...