Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

ok but...it was a little awkward how the song has the word 'bird' in it a lot yet we got 0 visuals of birds..ik it was probably intentional that the video was in a place covered in snow despite the lyrics but i DO wish more went on in the video 

(now this is still way better than whatever the heck the mac and vb videos were but that bar isnt very high)

The whole time I was watching this I was like girl what is you doin. This is it? Expected something a little more like Blue mv w some pastels or something and serving Snow White looks. Disney queen 

The video was very beautiful. The scenarios and her look were pretty. 

Tbh this is her best music video 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I love this song and love Marina but the whole time I was watching this I was like girl what is you doin. This is it? Expected something a little more like Blue mv w some pastels or something and serving Snow White looks. Disney queen 

the blue mv video... literally the best thing about it is that they used an anamorphic lens to shoot it  :deadbanana:

i76mrxw.png 

I'm sorry king but even her acoustic videos are better than this... I love her, but let's be realistic

I'm sorry queen but you're entitled to your wrong opinion, thats fine

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

the blue mv video... literally the best thing about it is that they used an anamorphic lens to shoot it  :deadbanana:

Eh‍♂ Agree to disagree lol. It served some fun visuals tho which is what I wanted for HH. I like what she did w the close ups and the florals and stuff but it didn’t do it for me. I think she intended it to be like a tease obvi because of the contrast to the snow but tbh I was bored. Excited to see more to see what she does 

I'll NEVER, EVER, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE YALL OPINIONS SERIOUSLY ABOUT THIS MUSIC VIDEO, BECAUSE WHEN LANA FUCKING ELIZABETH FUCKING GRANT FUCKING DEL REY CAME OUT WITH AN UGLY ASS DOCUMENT YOUR LIFE FOOTAGE, AND USED IT FOR THREEEEE(3) MUSIC VIDEOS, YALL PRAISED HER. SO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

you know..the longer I contemplate the music video it could potentially be deep if you take it along with the lyrics to the song. she's singing about a handmade heaven and the video takes place in a relatively dead area covered in snow, but it's still heaven to her because she can find the best in every situation? or some other reason ???i  haven't worked out all the kinks in this idea but...hm.

even if i still don't think it's my favorite video of hers, i do like it a little bit more now.

it's ~aesthetically~ pleasing, it's beautiful and all that, but it doesn't reflect the lyrics at all

Nature imagery pops out really nice with that contrasty winter theme. It's refreshing to see tbh and reflects the natural order of things in the lyrics for me. But damn this montage

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

THE VISUALS ARE STUNNING

SHE'S SERVING IAMAMIWHOAMI TEAS BEFORE IONNA LOST HER TOUCH

THE ICY SCENERY, THE WATER, THE CONSTRAST BETWEEN ALL THE WHITE AND THE FLOWER MONTAGES

SHE SERVED CLASSIC YET CURRENT WITH THOSE BRIGHT COLORFUL LIGHTS

THE DARK HEADSHOTS? WITH THE FLOWERS? BEAUTIFUL

THE BIT WHERE SHE OPENED HER ARMS AND THE FLOWER BLOSSOMED WAS MESMERIZING

MARINA (WITHOUT THE DIAMONDS) SERVED YET AGAIN

tumblr_inline_p8r212lk351r2u4hs_250.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I'll NEVER, EVER, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE YALL OPINIONS SERIOUSLY ABOUT THIS MUSIC VIDEO, BECAUSE WHEN LANA FUCKING ELIZABETH FUCKING GRANT FUCKING DEL REY CAME OUT WITH AN UGLY ASS DOCUMENT YOUR LIFE FOOTAGE, AND USED IT FOR THREEEEE(3) MUSIC VIDEOS, YALL PRAISED HER. SO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

actually we didn't

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

This song has everything to become a classic honestly, I can see the next generations listening to this song and calling her a genious and saying "We don't make good music like this nowadays" like this song is just beautiful and timeless tumblr_inline_p8r212lk351r2u4hs_250.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains