American Whore

Lanaboards Book Club (First Book Announced! Lolita!)

1 hour ago, niandra lades said:

Nice! The last time I read it I was super young and I don't remember much of itΒ 

Β 

same, I read it when I was 16 after listening to lolita of courseΒ :toofunny:

but it creeped me out

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

very excited

giphy.gif

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π©π¨πžπ­π«π²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐬𝐒π₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π₯πžπ πšπœπ²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

3 hours ago, NikoGo said:

Omg I’m really interested in this!

Please feel free to join in! The more, the better since we can have more discussions that way. If you didn't get a chance to vote, you only missed that but we haven't even started yet, so you're just in time!!! <3

Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, takemetothegasstation said:

Omg y'all are about to actually read Lolita. Spoiler alert: Lana didΒ notΒ read this book very well! She definitely missed the point... most likely cuz that perv Mr. Campbell was a pedo and taught it to her wrong. Song's still dope, though.

Β 

Actually, thinking about Nabokov and his intentions here ... the whole thing is a linguistic parody of the moral corruption of American "freedom" and "aesthetic values".Β Basically the anti-B2D.

Β 

I'm actually really glad this got voted tbh (It had a lead of like 6 or 7 votesΒ :toofunny:) but I kind of like the idea of reading someone's thoughts on certain things from the time period. I don't think the book is necessarily great subject matter, pedophilia isn't okay and is really fucked up, so I expect to hear a lot of takes in this thread about that once we start reading itΒ 

Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

Β 

same, I read it when I was 16 after listening to lolita of courseΒ :toofunny:

but it creeped me out

Β 

I tried reading it years ago and forgot about it tbh. I don't even remember what I read, so it'll basically be free for me. I know the story and the point of it, which makes for good discussion. If you're uncomfortable reading it, please feel free to skip this book, I don't want anyone reading something that makes them uncomfortable or feeling like they have to read it because they already said they'd join. It's just for funsies and entertainment and discussionΒ 

Β 

oprah-1536157847.gif

Β 

Β 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Β 

Β 

Wanted to reply but also wanted to say this ^ I'M SO EXCITED PEOPLE ARE DOWN FOR THIS!!!!! just be sure to let me know what everyones thots are on starting next wednesday? that way we have a full week to get the book? thots?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I tried reading it years ago and forgot about it tbh. I don't even remember what I read, so it'll basically be free for me. I know the story and the point of it, which makes for good discussion. If you're uncomfortable reading it, please feel free to skip this book, I don't want anyone reading something that makes them uncomfortable or feeling like they have to read it because they already said they'd join. It's just for funsies and entertainment and discussionΒ 

Β 

oprah-1536157847.gif

Β 

no lol I'm happy we're gonnaΒ read it, that's why I made that comment

it'll be interesting to see what I've missed with my 16 yo brain, I also remember only mostlyΒ the key points of the storyline bcΒ also watched both of the movies but don't remember the book very well

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

1 hour ago, marinasrep said:

So... what happened to this book club ??

it seem is died again:krylie::krylie:

giphy.gif

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π©π¨πžπ­π«π²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐬𝐒π₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π₯πžπ πšπœπ²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

12 hours ago, DCooper said:

Has anyone started reading Lolita? I'm almost halfway through, it's very good butΒ very disturbing.

Β 

1c305c814de3a8174eee5ee3c1b828a7.gif

Β 

I haven't cus there hasn't been any date given about when are we going to discuss it or anything so I didn't know how to organize and when to start:trisha:

giphy.gif