American Whore

Lanaboards Book Club (First Book Announced! Lolita!)

Come one, come all, to this tragic affair!

33598472-8771019-_Very_excited_that_Viol

We're starting a book club!

So, I'm going to post a survey each time we finish a book and we'll pick the next one!! Maybe we'll do like 50-100 pages per week, I don't want to exclude anyone if they read slower than someone else.

Also, there's a good source for ebooks if you can't afford to buy books or don't live near a library (libgen), check reddit for the official link (since it's technically piracy, I don't want to link it here)

I know @DeadSeaOfMercury is interested, if you're interested please post here and you can join us!!

Please fill out this survey!

https://form.jotform.com/222215483579057

Please suggest books here!

So far, it looks like people are pretty much interested in everything, so please submit your suggestions!!!

For the first book, we'll be reading 

151013131737-lolita-cover-1969.jpg&key=2

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

24 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

oprah-book.gif

I am ready…

Here is a survey for you to fill out and everyone else whos interested!!! Also linked it in the OP

https://form.jotform.com/222215483579057

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Submitted!

:hype:
EDIT:

Speaking of submission…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_of_O
I’ve not read this yet, But it’s supposedly an all time classic.

Ever since watching a particular episode of Frasier I’ve been meaning to read it.

”doesn’t necessarily have to be for the club - It’s a bit dirrty”

:oopna:

IMG-3521.jpg

3 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Submitted!

:hype:
EDIT:

Speaking of submission…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Story_of_O
I’ve not read this yet, But it’s supposedly an all time classic.

Ever since watching a particular episode of Frasier I’ve been meaning to read it.

”doesn’t necessarily have to be for the club - It’s a bit dirrty”

:oopna:

13 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

So who’s reading Im Glad My Mom Died by Jeanette McCurdy? oprah-book.gif

I'm so open to these suggestions!!!! I really want to get at least 5-10 people in here joining us. But the more the merrier, honestly. Idk, there's something about social media these days where reading has taken a backseat and if this helps 1 person get into reading and falling in love with books i'd be so fucking happy to know that I helped someone with that!!!! ugh :rollin:

giphy.gif

this is such a cool idea! I used to read so much during my teens and I completely lost motivation to read and can't focus like I did before so maybe a book club would help me get back to reading so I'll try! submitted :dance:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

But under almost no condition should YA be allowed. I don’t want us to be snobs but we should have some standards. Also it would be cool if we got to most of rhe books lana references in her work ( this has its own thread)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

4 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

this is such a cool idea! I used to read so much during my teens and I completely lost motivation to read and can't focus like I did before so maybe a book club would help me get back to reading so I'll try! submitted :dance:

YESSS PLEASE JOIN USS!!!!

tbh i did the same thing and then last year when i was out of work, i went to the book store and bought way too many books and now i have a shelf full of to be reads and haven't even gotten through a quarter of them :toofloppy:

1 minute ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

Gorl, I am so in

I'M SO EXCITED TO HAVE MORE PEOPLE JOINNNNNN i didn't know if anyone would be interested but we'll make a good schedule to discuss each week like maybe Friday or Saturday we'll discuss what happened and spill the teaaaa

Just now, Pretty On The Indide said:

But under almost no condition should YA be allowed. I don’t want us to be snobs but we should have some standards. Also it would be cool if we got to most of rhe books lana references in her work ( this has its own thread)

also into this too. that's kinda why i threw in the question about mature themes/topics. i don't wanna go into this, someone start a book and a scene with violence, sex (and even sexual assault), horror, whatever happens comes up and then they come back upset because they didn't think that'd happen. I'm a fan of Stephen King and authors that are geared more towards adults and so far in the survey everyone has been okay with adult themes, so that's good

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

I'm sorry, what's YA? young audience?

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, prettywhenimhigh said:

young adult, it's like teen but "edgy" 

hunger games, twilight, stuff like those

giphy.gif

Just now, Hydroponic Weeds said:

young adult, it's like teen but "edgy" 

hunger games, twilight, stuff like those

ooooh okay. I already read all of that anyway, fine by me

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I really wanted to start reading more so this might actually help me  :silly:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

2 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

@Mer

Looking on Amazon at different books, This bitch wrote a book about you!

Should we read it?

https://www.amazon.com/Melania-Me-Rise-Friendship-First/dp/1982151242

I read that. I absolutely did not pay for it. In general it was a bit too centered around the author as opposed to Melania. Emphasis on the "me" in "Melania And Me" lol. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

2 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

Yes but in american publishing its a marketing category more than an age range. They tend to be commercial and easy to read but also have a tendancy to be formulaic, hyper woke in a performative surface level way, and poorly written. So I don’t mean that I wouldn’t be down to read a classic novel or bestseller that has a teenage protagonist if it had literary ( cathcer in the rye, outsiders as an ex) or cultural significance and relevance ( say Twilight as an ex [love it or hate it its just a part of the zeitgeist and cultural lexicon of our society)]

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

YAAAAAAAS

I'm joining!!!!! I'm an English and German literature & language graduate student so this is my gig!! :hype:

however I'm awfully slow at reading and I definitely need to read much much more than I do so this is seems like an amazing opportunity!! Can't wait! ❤️❤️

We could do some Lana-inspired works, i.e. things she references in her songs. My definite recommendation to everyone is to read T.S. Eliot's Four Quartets in full ("Burnt Norton" interlude from Honeymoon)-  Lana only did the opening line in the interlude but the whole thing is amazing and my favorite poem in the world.

I also wanted to read something by Sylvia Plath but never got around to do it. And I remember I started reading The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway (referenced in Money Power Glory) but it was boring.And I've had Lolita on my read list for years but also never started lol. I'm sure there's more Lana literature references but can't remember now. Anyways that's just a suggestion - I'll do my best to get into anything we decide to read, however the only thing I don't really like is the horrors and Edgar Allan Poe type of stuff, but I'll try anything

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Oh btw I filled out the survey sorry forgot to mention. Why is there not a general "fiction" for the genre? 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift