Yosemite

Pink Champagne

17 hours ago, Elle said:

Pink Champagne was used in this past Tuesday's episode of Love Island Malta. Yes, it's real. You can watch the episode here and the song plays at 00:40:30  -

They also played Love & Say Yes To Heaven a couple of weeks ago.. they’re stans

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I can’t get over how much better this version is compared to the released. I know she probably felt like she was in a very different headspace for Chemtrails and obviously the production didn’t really match the rest of the album, but damn, this is just so much more effective and powerful. 

LMLYAW just sounds like your pretty standard love song but with a bit of a conservative anti-feminism sounding title which isn’t the best look.

Pink Champagne isn’t really a love song, it’s kind of a desperate plea for a guy to let Lana love him as a form of escapism for how miserable she is. I mean, the line about getting hard to stay sober really gets me considering she actually has been sober. Plus the context of her dreaming of being a famous artist all her live and her dream not living up to what she thought she wanted. And then there’s the production. It’s just all around such a more interesting song. LMLYAW is gorgeous, but forgettable. And the title wouldn’t even sound cringey with the context of how the song was originally written. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

On 6/9/2023 at 12:12 PM, Dominikx4 said:

i love when i hear random shit like that on TV, once a german TV channel used the Gods & Monsters instrumental pre-leak for one of those trashy family drama mockumentaries

similarly (and off topic), there have been a handful of Kesha unreleased songs appearing as background music for the TV show Victorious (co-starring Ariana Grande) and one of the songs was also on Degrassi: Next Generation

https://kesha.fandom.com/wiki/Victorious

https://kesha.fandom.com/wiki/Former_Over-Exposed_Blonde

Edited by The Siren